• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgement

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Ceteris paribus, who is more likely to make a poor judgment call?

Someone who believes what is not true and makes judgments based on those beliefs.

Or

Someone who believe what is true and makes judgments based on those beliefs.

Last edited:

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Someone who believes what is true and makes judgments based on those beliefs.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
What I meant to say, I guess. . . Is that his response is the correct one.

So. . . .

Ceteris paribus, who is more likely to make a poor judgment call?

Someone who believes what is not true and makes judgments based on those beliefs.

Or

Someone who believe what is true and makes judgments based on those beliefs.

Like you said this is not a hard question, but I have a feeling some people don't like to face it.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I highly disagree. People supposing something is true when it's not, and visa versa, would render your OP meaningless, if we can't actually establish what's true and what isn't.

What's irrelevant is statements which conflate belief with truth, e.g. 'my religion is true.'

"I highly disagree"

You are certainly free to do so.

"if we can't actually establish what's true and what isn't."

Are to telling me you don't believe in truth? As I feel that is whole another debate all together, one in which I would encourage you to make a thread for outside this thread. As that is a debate I grew tired of a very long time ago.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
"I highly disagree"

You are certainly free to do so.

"if we can't actually establish what's true and what isn't."

Are to telling me you don't believe in truth? As I feel that is whole another debate all together, one in which I would encouraged you to make a thread for outside this thread. As that is a debate I grew tired of a very long time ago.
No, I'm stating that we don't have enough information to determine if the things presented are actually true or false, and this could easily be a third person's opinion on true or false. So both, neither, or either could be making a poor judgement.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
No, I'm stating that we don't have enough information to determine if the things presented are actually true or false, and this could easily be a third person's opinion on true or false. So both, neither, or either could be making a poor judgement.

yes, it's wrong, right, and all of the above. This might be why people avoid this question.