• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judge me Based on my Taste in Music

Am I Sane?

• I’m Gonna Say No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely Not

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no idea about your sanity, as I don't know any of those songs. I will wager to guess, however, you're younger than me.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Which ones?
Some of the Billie Ellish songs, all the Hasley and Melanie Martinez songs, the how to save a life song, I noticed a cavetown song that one I recognized and a girl in red song, the happy pills song, the Girls like Girls song and the feed the machine song.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, from what names I can recognize, I don't care for your taste in music but it doesn't matter what others think of what music you like.

Brickjectivity

System Override
Staff member
Premium Member
After 1950 and through the early 1980's there were rejections of music. People feared new music, because it was so catchy. It was banned, sometimes. They worried it would excite people to violence or cause children to misbehave or that it was satanic. That is no longer true or is very rare. Times have changed.

Those times are strange, but we also live in strange times. It feels like there is so much catchy music that we are overwhelmed. It feels like the music industry has died. Synthesizers are no longer new. Drums. Guitar. Bands. Its all been done. This time is strange to me. I'm used to music overturns. I'm used to one kind of music pushing another kind off of the radio. That is my culture.

From 1950 to 2000 music changes a lot. It changes so much that many classics have been invented, songs that can never be duplicated and which are very catchy. That keeps happening and does not stop at 2000, but the massive accumulation of songs by year 2000 is just unbelievable. You can still make a new song and something which catches on...but...it feels like we're at the ocean and a giant wave has passed.

I have a USB drive, and on that drive I have over 100 top songs. These never would fit onto a cassette tape or even 10 cassette tapes. Then after cassettes come CD's, and they also could not hold so many (not without modern music compression algorithms). Not only that but if I wanted to I could own a hard drive that could hold every song ever recorded. I could have that drive in my room or on a server, and I could pick any song ever recorded.

Listen to "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles.