• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Josiah and the Theocrats

Kelly of the Phoenix

Hi! You can get Josiah and the Theocrats for free on Amazon Kindle from July 25th to July 29th. It is a story of a scribe hired by King Josiah to find documentation that will help unite the nation of Judah and solidify Josiah's reign. Shaphan, the scribe, is under the impression that God inspired scripture but is tortured with the discovery that politics and economics drive what is scripture than piety.

Amazon.com: Josiah and the Theocrats eBook : Ley de Fenix, K: Books

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
So, the author notes:

I've been many things in life, but storytelling has been a dream for a long time. My debut work, Josiah and the Theocrats, is out on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited as well as paperback. It's a fleshed out version of a few scenes in 2 Kings, with the discovery of the Book of the Law, which Josiah needs to try to unite the Kingdom of Judah under his banner before the Assyrians or the Babylonians or Egyptians flex their muscles again. Buying my stories will not only help me, but my dream (other than storytelling) is to help the disabled with accessibility, both at home and elsewhere. I've worked in long term care where people are in nursing homes just because they can't get the wheelchair in the house. That kind of life is a stain on our society. We can do better than that. Help me help others. Thanks! [source]​

Nice. But, why might I want to read this book? Is there any reason to believe that he is particularly well informed about the period?