• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joshua - The Christ View of Jesus.

2ndpillar

Who was the second witness that Yeshua "came to fulfill the law and the prophets"?

" " to Hosea 3?

Luke 1 describes Luke obeying Dt by getting more eyewitnesses to the events HE saw!!

You might want to reread Luke 1:1-3. You are adding to what is written. And apart from Paul's sole testimony, he saw or heard nothing from Yeshua. A sole testimony makes that statement "untrue" (John 5:31) And who is "Mark", and was he a witness to anything he describes? Were there things added to and subtracted from the message of Yeshua?

Luke 1:1 Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word, 3 it seemed fitting for me as well, having investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to write it out for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus; 4 so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
According to the criteria laid down in Dt 19:15, you have not established what Thomas said or didn't say, or even what he may have meant if he actually said what you claim. You might want to more thoroughly back your claim, before it becomes a trap (Proverbs 20:25). The message you give for support was a supposed message from doubting Thomas, not from Yeshua. And I do reject 2nd hand witnesses, as in the case of the gospel Luke, as described in Luke 1:1-3). Keep in mind, that Yeshua came to fulfill the Law and the prophets, and in doing so, he commanded the field hands/apostles to leave the tares in place (Matthew 13:29). According to Hosea 3, the tares, the gentile church, the "adulteress", were to remain in place for "many days", or for after "two days"/ 2000 years (Hosea 6:2) until Israel confesses and returns.

It is evident to even a casual reader of the passage that Thomas's doubt was eradicated when He met the risen Christ. Jesus, AFTER Thomas declared Him to be his God, declared Thomas blessed and we who revere the unseen Jesus as even more blessed.

You are proof texting and disobeying basic laws of Bible hermeneutics. In love, I ask you to reconsider your doctrines.

You may have the last word on these matters if you like.

Thank you.

2ndpillar

It is evident to even a casual reader of the passage that Thomas's doubt was eradicated when He met the risen Christ. Jesus, AFTER Thomas declared Him to be his God, declared Thomas blessed and we who revere the unseen Jesus as even more blessed.

You are proof texting and disobeying basic laws of Bible hermeneutics. In love, I ask you to reconsider your doctrines.

You may have the last word on these matters if you like.

Thank you.

"Bible hermeneutics" is a term used by the supposed "wise and intelligent", in whom Yeshua says, they remain in the dark (Matthew 11:25). If you want to impress the common people, the deplorables, try coming up with another first person witness as to what Thomas said (Dt 19:15 & John 8:17 & Matthew 18:16). I am not talking about witnesses that made no comment, or refused to answer Thomas's assertion, if indeed he made such an assertion. It is difficult to sit on a one-legged stool without falling over. But in this case, when one falls over, the fall is great. If you want the truth of a matter, such as understanding, I suggest doing as the little children do, and look to the anointing within, and not the rules of men. (1 John 2:27). If you rely on the canon of the Roman church, then according to the leaders of the reformation, you are leaning on the "whore of Babylon". Not a good reed to lean on. As for fabricating your narrative from the twisting of what is and not said, the "deplorables" of today, have seen too much CNN, to fall for that ploy. I think the emperor is the only one who thinks he is well dressed.

Last edited: