• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jewish Messiah

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
As I explained, I have no problem with that and with Israel accomplishing things through one Jew. Also as I explained, many Jews have no problem with saying that the servant is not the whole nation of Israel, and I gave the example of Isa 49 where I have heard Jews say that the servant is Isaiah.
Brian2: no, it specifically designates the chidlren of Abraham, plural. Not one single man.

Brickjectivity

Yummy Bricks
Staff member
Premium Member
I disagree. The bible is not poetic able to be twisted into whatever you want it to mean. Each word has its own meaning in the one outcome. The positioning.
Much in the bible is poetry. The bible is a library of books, and the Psalms is a list of lyrics for songs. The bible is nothing at all like a single book.

Listen. It is clearly saying that the sword is the star.

"The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear". Habbakuk.
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Luke.
Those are Habbakuk 3:11 and Luke 21:25 you mention. These are two different books, with Luke written centuries after Habbakuk. Therefore Luke could be using imagery from Habbakuk or not. He could also be referring to Psalm 136:8-9 "8 the sun to govern the day, His love endures forever. 9 the moon and stars to govern the night; His love endures forever." To me it seems most likely that Luke is referring to a usage that is also found in Genesis 1:16 "16 God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars." Rather than swords, spears or arrows these to Luke could be the rulers of night and day: the congregation of the righteous perhaps, the judges. These determine what is legal and what isn't. They are far more important than swords or spears which are mere trifles to Christ and are carnal and ineffective weapons.

Incidentally in this chapter you mention Habakkuk 3:13 is an example of "The anointed one" referring to multiple people:
"You came out to deliver your people, to save your anointed one..."​
The Christian usages follow this practice, sometimes; such that there are many crowns.

WonderingWorrier

Much in the bible is poetry. The bible is a library of books, and the Psalms is a list of lyrics for songs. The bible is nothing at all like a single book.

Those are Habbakuk 3:11 and Luke 21:25 you mention. These are two different books, with Luke written centuries after Habbakuk. Therefore Luke could be using imagery from Habbakuk or not. He could also be referring to Psalm 136:8-9 "8 the sun to govern the day, His love endures forever. 9 the moon and stars to govern the night; His love endures forever." To me it seems most likely that Luke is referring to a usage that is also found in Genesis 1:16 "16 God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars." Rather than swords, spears or arrows these to Luke could be the rulers of night and day: the congregation of the righteous perhaps, the judges. These determine what is legal and what isn't. They are far more important than swords or spears which are mere trifles to Christ and are carnal and ineffective weapons.

Incidentally in this chapter you mention Habakkuk 3:13 is an example of "The anointed one" referring to multiple people:
"You came out to deliver your people, to save your anointed one..."​
The Christian usages follow this practice, sometimes; such that there are many crowns.

Are you talking about being anointed with oil?

To speak of the oil is to speak of the sword.

Corn - Olive - Grape
Bread - Oil - Wine
Moon - Star - Sun
Spear - Sword - Bow

The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords. Psalm.

To speak of the oil is to speak of the bone.

Corn - Olive - Grape
Bread - Oil - Wine
Moon - Star - Sun
Spear - Sword - Bow
Flesh - Bone - Blood

As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones. Psalm.

To speak of bone is to speak of sword.

As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God? Psalm.

Corn - Olive - Grape
Bread - Oil - Wine
Moon - Star - Sun
Spear - Sword - Bow
Flesh - Bone - Blood

The words of Psalms are not poetry. They are very precise in what they are saying.
Look at this list of threes. Can you see the bread is the flesh, and the wine is the blood? Jesus wasnt speaking in poetry either.

Brickjectivity

Yummy Bricks
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you talking about being anointed with oil?

To speak of the oil is to speak of the sword.

The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords. Psalm.

To speak of the oil is to speak of the bone.

Corn - Olive - Grape
Bread - Oil - Wine
Moon - Star - Sun
Spear - Sword - Bow
Flesh - Bone - Blood

As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones. Psalm.

To speak of bone is to speak of sword.

As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God? Psalm.

The words of Psalms are not poetry. They are very precise in what they are saying.
Look at this list of threes. Can you see the bread is the flesh, and the wine is the blood? Jesus wasnt speaking in poetry either.
I remember one time being impressed with the threes you were showing me. I don't think that I can just substitute flesh for bread or just substitute sword for bone at any time. It depends upon the usage. For example if we were talking about one of the dreams interpreted by Joseph, then your substitution would become very interesting. We perhaps could see how Joseph interpreted the baker's dream in Genesis 40. How did he know that bread eaten by birds meant death?

I am not saying that you aren't on to something with these rotations of three words. They are interesting. I do not think that I am understanding you, however, when you say that to speak of one thing is to speak of another. Its like if we were using a decoder ring from a cereal box?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Brian2: no, it specifically designates the chidlren of Abraham, plural. Not one single man.

OK so you are saying that the Jews who claim the servant of Isa 49 is Isaiah are wrong.
You should tell them how wrong they are, I'll be right behind you and back you up.
However it does sound as if you are saying that everything in the servant passages has to have been done by every ahild of Abraham, and everything done to the servant has to have been done to every child of Abraham. After all it specifically designates the children of Abraham, not some of them or even just one.
But you can get around this problem you have by agreeing that the servant can be speaking in places about certain children of Abraham, or even just one of them, and so it can be said that the nation has done something, or something has been done to the nation through this small group or through just this one person.

IndigoChild5559

OK so you are saying that the Jews who claim the servant of Isa 49 is Isaiah are wrong.
I am saying that Isaiah himself identifies the servant in his book as Israel. You also have to read in context -- if God speaks to Isaiah and calls him his servant, then obviously he is speaking to whom he is speaking to. But when it comes to the overarching metaphor of the servant in Isaiah, it is the People of Israel.

WonderingWorrier

I remember one time being impressed with the threes you were showing me. I don't think that I can just substitute flesh for bread or just substitute sword for bone at any time. It depends upon the usage. For example if we were talking about one of the dreams interpreted by Joseph, then your substitution would become very interesting. We perhaps could see how Joseph interpreted the baker's dream in Genesis 40. How did he know that bread eaten by birds meant death?

I am not saying that you aren't on to something with these rotations of three words. They are interesting. I do not think that I am understanding you, however, when you say that to speak of one thing is to speak of another. Its like if we were using a decoder ring from a cereal box?
Bread, oil, and wine is a layer of the law.
Wine is the high. Bread is the low.

And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart. Psalm.

They are as three different levels of height. Just as the stream is higher than the river, and the river is higher than the sea.
Or as the mountain is higher than the hill, and the hill is higher than the valley.

Bread - Oil - Wine
Corn - Olive - Grape
Sea - River - Stream
Valley - Hill - Mountain

As you can see in the list the valley is covered in corn, the river flows as oil, and the mountain flows wine.

The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing. Psalm.

Then will I make their waters deep, and cause their rivers to run like oil, saith the Lord God. Ezekiel.

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt. Amos.

It is why the corn is as the sand of the sea.
And Joseph gathered corn as the sand of the sea, very much, until he left numbering; for it was without number. Genesis.

The different levels of sea, river, and stream are different levels of judgement.

But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream. Amos.

The word "mighty" is mentioned in the bible 277 times. They all speak top level stuff. Like the mighty stream, the mighty wine, the mighty bow, etc.

Then the Lord awaked as one out of sleep, and like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine. Psalm.
The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength. Samuel.

There are many layers repeating the same law so the words substitute each other but the positioning remains the same according to the law. That is where people would get confused as the sentences dont make sense unless you know what they are talking about.

So to speak of the oil is to speak of the river, and to speak of the oil is to speak of the hill. It is speaking of the same position.

If you know the positioning then you hear the corn (bread), the oil, and the wine.

And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel. Hosea.

Brass - Silver - Gold

Bread - Oil - Wine
Corn - Olive - Grape
Sea - River - Stream
Valley - Hill - Mountain

Brian2

Veteran Member
I am saying that Isaiah himself identifies the servant in his book as Israel. You also have to read in context -- if God speaks to Isaiah and calls him his servant, then obviously he is speaking to whom he is speaking to. But when it comes to the overarching metaphor of the servant in Isaiah, it is the People of Israel.

I would not have thought that God spoke to Isaiah in Isa 49 and called him His servant.
But yes the overarching metaphor seems to be that the servant is the people of Israel even though imo "the people of Israel" does not mean all the people doing everything and everything being done to all the people, and one person could be the servant for the rest of the people in places, but it could be still classed as the people having done it.

IndigoChild5559

Isa 53 cannot be applied to every Jew, so it can apply in general for the whole nation even though not every Jew did what is said or has had that done to them.
It applies to the remnant who are faithfully obedient, the tzaddikim.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Since Hebrews=Israelites=Jews, your remark makes absolutely no sense, since the Israelite Messiah is just another (very uncommon) way of saying the Jewish messiah.
Out of curiosity, would it not be: Hebrews = Canaanite’s, Israelites = Samaritans, and Jews = Judeans? Scripture seems to be quick to say that there are distinct differences.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Christians recognize many messianic prophecies in the Hebrew Scriptures, in addition to those already recognized by the Jews. When Jesus appeared on the world scene, those who followed him recognized that he was the Messiah expected by the Jews (and even expected by the Samaritans).
How was Jesus not a fiasco? His “Temple Tantrum” as I call it appears to prime the plot for the destruction of the Temple.

rosends

Out of curiosity, would it not be: Hebrews = Canaanite’s, Israelites = Samaritans, and Jews = Judeans? Scripture seems to be quick to say that there are distinct differences.
Hebrews would refer to the people in an early stage. Abraham and his followers were known as Ivrim (Hebrews). Israelites (as an imperfect English word) could refer to the entire children of Israel, or the northern kingdom of Israel. The term "house of Israel" also refers to the common caste of Jews. "Jew" would refer (at different times and contexts) to someone of the tribe of Judah, or of the kingdom of Judah or of the religion which associated with the kingdom.

WonderingWorrier

I do not think that I am understanding you, however, when you say that to speak of one thing is to speak of another. Its like if we were using a decoder ring from a cereal box?
You said earlier that Revelation is a Christian writing about Christians. You also say some take Revelation literally, and you say much of the bible is poetry.

I think that could cause a lot of confusion and division. Being literal, or not literal, and being poetry could have an unlimited amount of different interpretations.

Like you might be familiar with the Christian saying in revelation "The marriage of the lamb".
If it is literal then is it about someone marrying a sheep rather than another human. If it is poetic then it could be about anything.

But if you are now understanding what Im talking about how words can be substituted then you should be able to understand this:
I have explained a bit about the bread, oil, and wine. To explain the marriage of the lamb I will add the cattle, goat, sheep layer.

Bread - Oil - Wine
Corn - Olive - Grape
Cattle - Goat - Sheep

Have a look at the list so when I show you this verse you might understand the Christian writing of marrying a sheep.

Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. Psalm.

As you can see in the list if the wife is truly the grape vine, then the wife is also the sheep.

As God is the husband:

For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You said earlier that Revelation is a Christian writing about Christians. You also say some take Revelation literally, and you say much of the bible is poetry.

I think that could cause a lot of confusion and division. Being literal, or not literal, and being poetry could have an unlimited amount of different interpretations.

Like you might be familiar with the Christian saying in revelation "The marriage of the lamb".
If it is literal then is it about someone marrying a sheep rather than another human. If it is poetic then it could be about anything.

But if you are now understanding what Im talking about how words can be substituted then you should be able to understand this:
I have explained a bit about the bread, oil, and wine. To explain the marriage of the lamb I will add the cattle, goat, sheep layer.

Bread - Oil - Wine
Corn - Olive - Grape
Cattle - Goat - Sheep

Have a look at the list so when I show you this verse you might understand the Christian writing of marrying a sheep.

Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. Psalm.

As you can see in the list if the wife is truly the grape vine, then the wife is also the sheep.

As God is the husband:

For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah.
The book of revelation was definitely not from Jesus/Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah, I understand:

• The Book of Revelation was written sometime around 96 CE in Asia Minor. The author was probably a Christian from Ephesus known as "John the Elder." According to the Book, this John was on the island of Patmos, not far from the coast of Asia Minor, "because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus" (Rev. 1.10).

Book Of Revelation | Apocalypse! FRONTLINE - PBS

PBS

https://www.pbs.org › apocalypse › revelation › white
John the Apostle

John of Patmos - Wikipedia

1690324476646.png
wikipedia.org
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › John_of_Patmos
What language was the book of Revelations originally written in?
Book of Revelation / Original language
Greek is an independent branch of the Indo-European family of languages, native to Greece, Cyprus, Italy, southern Albania, and other regions of the Balkans, the Black Sea coast, Asia Minor, and the Eastern Mediterranean.
Wikipedia

Attachments

• 1690324325725.png
    1690324325725.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Flankerl

Canaanites
Ammonites
Amorites
Edomites
Israelites
Phoenicians (and in extension Carthaginians)
Moabites

Cultural Canaanites
Ekronites (originally Philistine, adopted Canaanite customs over time)
Hyksos (maybe)
Suteans (maybe)

Israelites
Kingdom of Israel (North)
Kingdom of Judah (South)
With the destruction of the Northern Kingdom the Southern Kingdoms population sky-rockets (Northern refugees) and the non-Jerusalem centric cult dies out, Judah becomes the sole Israelite Nation
During the Babylonian Exile the exiled elite (most likely consisting of Northerners and Southerners) begins to see themselves as Yehudi and implants that identity on the commoners who had remained in Judea when they return.
Yehudi (HE) -> Ioudaîos (GR) -> iudaeus (LA) -> juiu (FR) -> Jew (EN)
Samaritans are most likely Israelites, the idea that they are foreign occupants makes no sense, they are most likely the remnant of the North which denied the new Jewish identity.

Hebrews is simply another word for Israelites in a I'd say more religious manner for the mythical pre-Kingdoms era.
Though it is sometimes used by Christians in a questionable manner, especially because of their "Book of Hebrews".

WonderingWorrier

The speech of the prophets is a sign language. Their words are symbols and with the symbols they are doing signs.

"Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word". John.

When you can see the signs then you can hear the speech is true.

Like it is exactly as the prophet Isaiah says: the wolf is with the lamb, the leopard is with the kid goat, and the lion eats straw with the Ox.

Cattle - Goat - Sheep
Lion - Leopard - Wolf

Bear - Deer - Horse
Straw - Dust - Stubble

Prophecy is fulfilled the moment it is spoken. So their signs can be verified at any time.