• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
One must first provide evidence that his teachings actually do contradict Christ before anyone can actuallly provide evidence that it does not actually contradict Christ. I find it that many who say that certain teachings contradict either do not know scripture well....ignore certain sciprtures that reveal good info, and/or just dont understand it and think they do.
Well me personally started studying scriptures about 5/6 years old, as in Old Testament picture versions and multiple copies, to confirm what was drawn in them :run:.....what age did you start?

JayHawes

Well me personally started studying scriptures about 5/6 years old, as in Old Testament picture versions and multiple copies, to confirm what was drawn in them :run:.....what age did you start?

I have been studying scripture since I was able to read the Bible. I was raised Christian, and lisenced a Christian minister. So, if was to approximate...I've been studying (with the insight of the Holy Spirit) for more than 12 years.

It's not as if I up and out of the blue decieded what truth was, but I beleived that Jesus was truth, and the basis for truth. At times i doubted certain things, even the Trinity, but through study, becuase I actually wanted to know, I learned. I could say the same of almost all Christian doctrines. I dont beleive things just becuase people say so, I beleive because it is true based on scripture. And scripture, especially the teachings of Jesus are hard to understand- for alot of people. It takes alot of insight, without pre-determined beleifs, or bias, or misinformation, or misinterpretation. Even the Apostle Paul, in all his knwledge allowed himself to interpret Scripture so that he believed he was justified in killing the Christians....he was shocked when Jesus corrected him.

Jesus is a fine example of study. The New Testament is a birth product of the Old Testament, a fulfillment of Prophecy. Jesus taught out of the OT scriptures, if we, like him, do not actually understand OT scripture, how then can we understand the NT scripture and interpret it correctaly? And also, Jesus was endowed with the Holy Spirit. This spirit allows man to be connected witht he Father, and he will teach you all things and allow you to understand what one needs to understand. Without him, man is able to twist, mis-interpret, and mess up any message given.

You must look at scripture as to learn something, not to confirm something. Becuase if you learn with a clear and non-predetermined idea, there will be no contradiction among truth. If, and I stress IF, the Holy Spirit is your teacher.

wizanda

Premium Member
Ok then questions on Christ only from Matthew, Mark and Luke Vs Paul alone:
Works?
Law?
Faith in who?
Inheritance?
Who God is?
Being as Children?
Grace?
Drinking?
Sacrifice?
............???

JayHawes

Ok then questions on Christ only from Matthew, Mark and Luke Vs Paul alone:
Works?
Law?
Faith in who?
Inheritance?
Who God is?
Being as Children?
Grace?
Drinking?
Sacrifice?
............???

First of all you need to understand the purpose and nature of the Work of Christ and what he sent the Apostles to do.

All of Jesus' teachings were not written down, the bible says this. Jesus commanded the disciples to go and teach whatever he had taught them concerning his Gospel.

Jesus preached to a Jewish Soceity, he was revealed to the Jews and they did not recieve him. All of the Apostles were Jews, even Paul. But only Paul was called as an Apostle to the Gentiles (non-jews). Paul would face new and different problems such as marriage problems, eating idol meat problems, and circumcision problems....Paul's letters are teachings concerning the truth according the Jesus' Gospel. He was to teach the truth expanding from what was already revealed.

Paul's teachings are a revealing of the former/what came before. They do not differ.
You need to be specific with your list, I cannot give answers unless you are specific. [go one by one]

wizanda

Premium Member
First of all you need to understand the purpose and nature of the Work of Christ and what he sent the Apostles to do.

All of Jesus' teachings were not written down, the bible says this. Jesus commanded the disciples to go and teach whatever he had taught them concerning his Gospel.

Jesus preached to a Jewish Soceity, he was revealed to the Jews and they did not recieve him. All of the Apostles were Jews, even Paul. But only Paul was called as an Apostle to the Gentiles (non-jews). Paul would face new and different problems such as marriage problems, eating idol meat problems, and circumcision problems....Paul's letters are teachings concerning the truth according the Jesus' Gospel. He was to teach the truth expanding from what was already revealed.

Paul's teachings are a revealing of the former/what came before. They do not differ.
You need to be specific with your list, I cannot give answers unless you are specific. [go one by one]
Mat 10:5-6
(5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
(6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

List are questions on which or how counts and why?

JayHawes

Mat 10:5-6
(5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
(6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

List are questions on which or how counts and why?
Yet again, you infer out of context what is not meant. Jesus' message was to be first given to the Jews (Matthew 10:5-6). After Jesus' Ressurection:

Mr 16:15[Jesus] said to them, Go into all the world, and give the good news to everyone.

Jesus is not limited to Israel, but to those who hear.

wizanda

Premium Member
Yet again, you infer out of context what is not meant. Jesus' message was to be first given to the Jews (Matthew 10:5-6). After Jesus' Ressurection:

Mr 16:15[Jesus] said to them, Go into all the world, and give the good news to everyone.

Jesus is not limited to Israel, but to those who hear.
Jer 25:14-17
(14) For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.
(15) For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.
(16) And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the Mattock) sword that I will send among them.
(17) Then took I the cup at the LORD'S hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me:

Eze 39:18-24
(18) Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan (fruitful).
(19) And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
(20) Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.
(21) And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
(22) So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
(23) And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
(24) According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.

Mar 9:41
(41) For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

JayHawes

Jer 25:14-17
(14) For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.
(15) For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.
(16) And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the Mattock) sword that I will send among them.
(17) Then took I the cup at the LORD'S hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me:

Eze 39:18-24
(18) Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan (fruitful).
(19) And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
(20) Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.
(21) And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
(22) So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
(23) And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
(24) According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.

Mar 9:41
(41) For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

First, I want to warn you not to take things out of context. Second, I want to ask that you begin to explain yourself, instead of leaving others to infer what you are trying to get across. I can gather what i beleive you are trying to proove, however i cannot read your mind.

wizanda

Premium Member
Many things to explain, so leaving it open for people to decide....

That is in reply to you said Yeshua said "spread the teachings" of the cup?....

JayHawes

Many things to explain, so leaving it open for people to decide....

That is in reply to you said Yeshua said "spread the teachings" of the cup?....

There is not only one cup in the bible, there are many (cup is symbolic of what one will recieve such as in Psalm 23).Jesus was to drink of the cup of the wrath of God (i.e. the cross). This cup represents the sacrifice, and Jesus drunk it, by allowing hismelf to be crucified and his clood to be shed that mankind may be reconciled to God.

wizanda

Premium Member
There is not only one cup in the bible, there are many (cup is symbolic of what one will recieve such as in Psalm 23).Jesus was to drink of the cup of the wrath of God (i.e. the cross). This cup represents the sacrifice, and Jesus drunk it, by allowing hismelf to be crucified and his clood to be shed that mankind may be reconciled to God.
Mic 6:5-7
(5) O my people, remember now what Balak king of Moab consulted, and what Balaam the son of Beor answered him from ****tim unto Gilgal; that ye may know the righteousness of the LORD.
(6) Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?
(7) Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

Rev 2:14-15
(14) But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
(15) So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans (the gospel of John Nicodemus), which thing I hate.

Mar 7:9-13
(9) And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
(10) For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
(11) But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is an Offering (Corban), that is to say, a sacrifice (gift), by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; (he shall be free.)?
(12) And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
(13) Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.