• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus the next president

Heneni

Miss Independent
If some guy were to come out and claim to be Jesus/the Messiah, in this day and age, he'd be locked up in a mental ward for assessment and probably be drugged with anti-psychotic medications. Even if he could try to prove himself by doing "miracles" most could be chalked up to magic stunts. Shoot, Criss Angel has already done the whole walking on water and water to alcohol things. Short of making a new limb grow for an amputee there isn't much that could probably be done that science or a magician hasn't already covered. He'd be considered a nutjob and ignored...as any other whakadoo claiming to be the son of god or whatnot out there now.

8He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, `I am he,' and, `The time is near.' Do not follow them. 9When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."

This scripture is puzzling. Jesus was saying to his disciples that they must watch out, many will come and say 'I am he'.

Are the disciples stupid? I mean most of us will think someone is crazy when they claim to be jesus right? And I'm sure they would too.

Also i'm assuming jesus didnt mean that the same people who would say 'i am he' would be saying the 'time is near'. Since the one saying 'i am he' means the time had already come. NO?

This is what I think Jesus was saying:

The many that come and say I am he, are the many preachers, prophets, bishops, fathers, who claim to know the way to salvation. They claim to know the way to life. That way it would be easy to be decieved. And if you think about it,most churches preach..REPENT FOR THE TIME IS NEAR.

Then there is also the other dillemma:

Most paranoid christains believe that the ANTICHRIST, will be taking over before the end. LOL...what if the antichrist is actually the real jesus. A case of mistaken identity?

The antichrist is actually organised religion, and the antichrist has been performing many signs and wonders for many years, and the church is always preaching PEACE PEACE!

If jesus now came, the brainwashed church members will think jesus is the antichrist. LOL.

Its seems that to know our chickens from our ducks is rather important.

i hope his resurrect trick still works, since if he opens his mouth about giving to the poor and cutting back on the rich hes gona be assasinated so many times his head will spin and all he will be able to do is turn the other cheak

Heneni

Miss Independent
i hope his resurrect trick still works, since if he opens his mouth about giving to the poor and cutting back on the rich hes gona be assasinated so many times his head will spin and all he will be able to do is turn the other cheak

The bible says the wealth of the wicked is layed up for the righteous. So the rich righteous wont have a problem giving.:D

Jayell

Jayell
The bible indicates that at some point Jesus will rule and reign earth

1. Would you support him?
2. Would you know it was him?
3. Would you fight against him?
When He comes again there will be no need for a vote and everyone will know Him. Satan and his followers will oppose and we all know the rest.

Love you all!

Heneni

Miss Independent
When He comes again there will be no need for a vote and everyone will know Him. Satan and his followers will oppose and we all know the rest.

Love you all!

Except when he comes the massas might think he is the antichrist, doing many wonders and bringing peace.:rolleyes:

Jayell

Jayell
HMMMM.....its hard not to spot him. He is just about everywhere there is a church building.
. The bible says that there are many antichrists in the world already. The basic meaning is: If your not for Jesus then you are (against) an antichrist.

Heneni

Miss Independent
. The bible says that there are many antichrists in the world already. The basic meaning is: If your not for Jesus then you are (against) an antichrist.

The many antichrist that have been were the scribes, priests and false prophets in the OT who though they had a handle on the matters of god, when god did not send them.

Same thing happening today, organised religion has set itself up as the authority on the matters of god.

The atheists arent the antichrist (sorry Father Heathen), its the churchy folk.

Jayell

Jayell
The many antichrist that have been were the scribes, priests and false prophets in the OT who though they had a handle on the matters of god, when god did not send them.

Same thing happening today, organised religion has set itself up as the authority on the matters of god.

The atheists arent the antichrist (sorry Father Heathen), its the churchy folk.
It's not referring to atheists per sa, Jesus said that many will come in His name and say that they are the Christ. And The Antichrist is said to proclaim himself as God. I don't think an atheist would do such a thing. So, I agree that those antichrists are the religious folk. The bible says it best, "Wolves in sheep clothing"

Heneni

Miss Independent
I for one would like to study the concept of jesus returning to this planet to rule and reign more.

Why would jesus bother ruling this place. Why dont the christians not just go to heaven and thats that.

I'm a little confused about whether this ruling and reigning will happen while the christians are still here or whether he comes back to rule the new earth.

Personally, i think that this planet will be destroyed and a new one recreated and jesus will rule on that one. Like adam was suppose to do.

Thats one theory, but its a bit boring. Imagine if jesus had to return and actually rule this place. What a different type of place it would be, and how would he get around all the politics and people who would probably not be too keen to give up their country's rule to jesus.

I for one will be happy if jesus is president, but i dont think everybody else will. Then there is the scripture in the bible that says that every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that jesus is lord. OK...how's that gonna happen? :D

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I believe there will be a new earth.......And how will it happen that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess? In the twinkling if an eye ;)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The bible indicates that at some point Jesus will rule and reign earth

1. Would you support him?
2. Would you know it was him?
3. Would you fight against him?

Very easy answer. If I knew it was Jesus the Messiah, and he could provide some evidence for it (his trademark miracles wouldn't cut it fore me; his trademark parables would), then of course.

Jesus as president? He'd have my vote for sure! There's no reason to fight against him.