• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Paul and Muhammad

Zxzyx

John

I am sorry you feel that way and im sorry if I have said anything in an annoying way. I was enjoying our discussion and thought it was going somewhere in that we are both expressing our views. I notice you used the same words to end this discussion as Cordoba did after I told him I was not a Muslim. I hope that has not influenced your decision. I have just started reading up on the Gospel of the Holy Twelve and so wouldn’t mind hearing your thoughts on it. If you don’t want to continue, I respect that but if you have anything to say about the above gospel I would like to hear it.

I was wondering who the twelve of the title are?

Can I list what I understand to be the story surrounding this gospel to your knowledge;

· It was written and then taken to Tibet where it was kept safe from the ‘correctors’ by the Buddhist Monks there.

· A friar, named Placidus, visited the monastery in the eighteen seventies and asked if he might show it to the Church Authorities in Rome.

· The scroll was then given to him and he took it back to Rome

· It was well received at first but then taken by the Vatican and hidden in the vaults where it is today.

· Rev. Gideon Jasper Richard Ouseley received the gospel in night visions and wrote them down each day.

You said ‘Jesus was not magically taken into heaven, he survived the cross and went on to teach others.’ but this gospel speaks of Jesus’ death on the cross in the same way the accepted gospels do.

Why do you believe this gospel is true and not the other more commonly accepted four.

john313

warrior-poet
I have not read all of the gospel, i should finish it but i have been reading other books. I am not sure who the holy twelve are since Judas was dead, according to the other gospels, but acts has a replacement being elected right away. it was also called the gospel of the nazoreans, which would not necessarily depict 12 individuals writing it. I do not know enough about the history of the gospel to comment on it at this time. i will try to read up on it but i have several other books in line for reading. I do believe there is truth in the accepted 4 gospels, i just believe there is a lot of truth outside of them and i also believe the accepted gospels have been somewhat corrupted by man who has modified them to fit their needs, to make themselves feel more pious or to make their deeds more acceptable.
i did not stop debating because you are not muslim or anything like that. it just seemed to be going nowhere and i had other things to tend to. i was in no way offended or annoyed.

Zxzyx

You are right about Judas and I don’t think he is often referred to as holy since he betrayed Jesus and then killed himself. I found that this gospel goes by about 8 different names for some reason.
john313 said:
I do believe there is truth in the accepted 4 gospels, i just believe there is a lot of truth outside of them and i also believe the accepted gospels have been somewhat corrupted by man who has modified them to fit their needs, to make themselves feel more pious or to make their deeds more acceptable.
Could you say which bits you think are corrupted and which are not to establish common ground? Also in what way have they been changed to fit the needs of the corruptors? The message contained in the gospels is by no means easy to live by and would challenge the most righteous of people at any time.