• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jesus one of the most popular person ever lived

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
jesus is one of the most popular person ever lived

what do you think about that?
True, even in India they know Jesus

Shiva, Rama, Krishna, Ganesha + Buddha + Jesus + Muhammad are all immense popular

I would not say "one is more popular than the other". In certain countries Muhammad is far more popular than Jesus. In India Shiva, Rama and Krishna are far more popular, and in the West Jesus is more popular.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Sorry, but the article is tainted with slurs and false accusations. I'm a bit surprised that someone who reads the Bible regularly would agree or put thumbs up for your citation there. But if that's what you believe and want to believe, yes -- we can table the discussion and just like others, have a good one.
Which one is not true, with one's reason oriented argument, please, right?
Didn't Yeshua warn of like Golden Calf happening after him, so Saul-ines aka Paulines did it, right, please?
And "Son of God became God the Son", " Classical philosophy was mixed in", and " Creeds of Trinitarian Christianity" were invented/creeped in, right, please?

Regards

"
christianitys-golden-calf/

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Examples?

By The Way, it is not an "article".
It is a word for word copy of the 1906 Jewish Encyclopedia
Did you read the whatever? If I'm quoting from the Encyclopedia Britannica, for instance, are you saying the various whatevers (entities, subjects, etc.) are not articles? What are they if you know. And yes, that the article is biased is clear from the beginning, but at this point I don't expect or think you will agree. Hey! Take care...

YoursTrue

Didn't Yeshua warn of like Golden Calf happening after him, so Saul-ines aka Paulines did it, right, please?
And "Son of God became God the Son", " Classical philosophy was mixed in", and " Creeds of Trinitarian Christianity" were invented/creeped in, right, please?

Regards
Let's be honest. You say Jesus warned of something, but you also say Jesus didn't write anything. That is true that Jesus did not write anything in the Bible, his words were quoted by others. So what's the problem?

YoursTrue

Regards
Did you check out all the references? There were many references. Did you check them to make sure they were accurate? Also, if you believe the Jewish Encyclopedia about things, perhaps you'd like to check other subjects in there, too. Such as Moses, Pharaoh, Abraham, Ishmael...and Islam.

YoursTrue

Regards
Thank you. My "reason oriented argument" is that the Bible is a true and faithful inspired document, preserved by the power of God. And people who are attributed to have written it could read and write. They did not have everything told to them by a "messenger" of God.

YoursTrue

P.S. @paarsurrey I GUESS you do not want to discuss more about what the BIBLE says about Paul. I won't ask you "right"? but anyway, does my guess hit the nail on the head? :) I'd love to know, however, if you will, what you DO consider as faithfully and accurately inspired of God...:) Thank you.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
P.S. @paarsurrey I GUESS you do not want to discuss more about what the BIBLE says about Paul. I won't ask you "right"? but anyway, does my guess hit the nail on the head? :) I'd love to know, however, if you will, what you DO consider as faithfully and accurately inspired of God...:) Thank you.
Saul of Tarsus aka Paul and the Paulines, I understand, are as far from the teachings and deeds of (Jesus)Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah as their invented Pauline-NT Bible is, no less by any means, please, right?
Why doesn't one follow Yeshua ; what harm has he done to anybody, please, right???!

Regards

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Saul of Tarsus aka Paul and the Paulines, I understand, are as far from the teachings and deeds of (Jesus)Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah as their invented Pauline-NT Bible is, no less by any means, please, right?
Why doesn't one follow Yeshua ; what harm has he done to anybody, please, right???!

Regards
Jesus was the only-begotten son of God who came from heaven and his life-force placed in the womb of a virgin. 1 Peter 2:22 "He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth."

YoursTrue

Regards
Please do explain, if you will, how one would "follow Jesus." After that, perhaps you can explain why you think he was put up for the death penalty. Thank you.

YoursTrue

Regards
Where do you find, please, that Jesus warned of the Golden Calf? I'm not saying he did not, but please do tell where you think he did. Thank you. (Jesus warned of many things, but I don't recall he waned of the Golden Calf. Maybe I missed something in the Bible. (please.) )

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Did you read the whatever? If I'm quoting from the Encyclopedia Britannica, for instance, are you saying the various whatevers (entities, subjects, etc.) are not articles? What are they if you know.
I would call them web pages...
And yes, that the article is biased is clear from the beginning, but at this point I don't expect or think you will agree. Hey! Take care...
So nothing more than a bold empty claim to be dismissed for lack of support.
I suspected that you were merely crying wolf with your "bias" complaint.
Here, you merely confirm it.

YoursTrue

I would call them web pages...

So nothing more than a bold empty claim to be dismissed for lack of support.
I suspected that you were merely crying wolf with your "bias" complaint.
Here, you merely confirm it.
I have seen the Jewish Encyclopedia itself in the library when I was researching and studying in the past. The bias about Paul (Saul) is throughout. But please do note what JewishEncyclopedia says about itself: "This website contains the complete contents of the 12-volume Jewish Encyclopedia, which was originally published between 1901-1906. The Jewish Encyclopedia, which recently became part of the public domain, contains over 15,000 articles and illustrations."

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Post #63
I am not going to and cannot refute every objection. So -- just like Jesus met Paul and Paul changed. Who knows? Maybe some others can too. Bye for now...
Neither (Jesus)Yeshua met Saul nor Saul met Yeshua, it was, one must say, cunning Saul's Devil-ish and fake vision to take revenge from Yeshua and his followers, right, please?

Regards