• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus , Krishna- which of the two is the supreme-god?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe Krishna says that animals are souls but they are not.

Yes he does. Animals are souls just as humans are. According to Hinduism.

It's always seems quite ludicrous to me, that Christians would think animals devoid of a soul. But then you must think we Hindus ludicrous for believing that they do. That's what having different beliefs does.

Keep in mind as well that the concept of soul is very different in our religions. Personally I've never heard a satisfactory definition of soul from a Christian. In Hinduism, a thing cannot even be alive if it does not have a soul. Soul is life itself.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not sure about Krishna but Jesus walked the earth a little over 2000 years ago and nearly all historical scholars support this. He claimed to be the promised Messiah for which his coming and life fulfilled over 300 of the Old testament prophecies and He also claimed to be the Son of God. He was crucified and sentenced to death by Pontius Pilot for this claim for which most historical scholars support. John the Baptist who is also supported as a real man also proclaimed Jesus as the promised Messiah and was beheaded which is a historical fact. Jesus is also mentioned in non-biblical literature as being a real figure and one who was either claiming to be the son of God or was followed by others who thought He was the Messiah and were persecuted for their beliefs.

There are many witnesses to Jesus and what he said and many also say He was the Son of God, God himself and the promised Messiah for which scholars say are real persons and their writings are all real for which some were written close to the events that happened. As far as I know Jesus is the only person who has claimed to be the Son of God and also that He and God were one and the same. IT is a historical fact that He was crucified for this claim and maintained this until his death. So He was either a liar, a fool or mad and deluded for doing this. Or He was telling the truth. IT also means that all the other supporters who have been said to be real and what they wrote as real are either liars, deluded or are also telling the truth. From the time of His crucifixion movement has grown to become the greatest religion ever.

There is also plenty of physical evidence that Krishna existed, whether one believe him to be God or not.

Krishna very clearly claims to be God in the Bhagavad Gita. The Vaishnava scriptures make it clear that He is God. If we're going by what the scriptures say, clearly both Hinduism and Christianity have strong claims.

Hinduism is much older than Christianity. At one point in time it was spread all through Asia and evidence exists to suggest it existed as far as Africa and Russia. This was before Buddhism came into popularity.

At this point in time, Christianity is the religion with the most followers. Due to the rise of Islam and atheism, this is rapidly declining. If by 'greatest' you mean numbers, well, this is shown for a particular part of human history and is unlikely to remain in the top spot. If by 'great' you mean best, then I would require you to show knowledge about other religions before being able to make such a judgement.

Last edited:

Jedster

I look at this way. Krishna is still dead in his grave. Christ's grave is empty and is risen from the dead. He is the One who has power over life and death and therefore He is authentically, God. His resurrection was witnessed by hundreds of people for about 30 days after, and it is written down for us to scrutinize.
Certainty for eternity

So, where is Krsna's grave?
Regarding Jesus's grave, @paarsurrey, the person who started this thread, firmly believes that Jesus is buried in Kashmir.

Jedster

By looking at the posts near the end of this thread, it seems to me he accomplished his goal rather nicely. Good job, Paar! You have great skills at starting arguments, stepping back, and watching. Even adding a tidbit here and there to keep the fun going.

I am wondering why he hasn't started on the Sunnis and Shias and/or any of their sects.
Afterall there are between 1.5 and 2 billion Muslims in the world who claim the same book and prophet as Truth.

Kirran

Premium Member
I am wondering why he hasn't started on the Sunnis and Shias and/or any of their sects.
Afterall there are between 1.5 and 2 billion Muslims in the world who claim the same book and prophet as Truth.

I think he'd more likely to have access. Not that this says much.

Most conversion to Ahmadiyya Islam, by a vast margin, is by Muslims of other sects.

Jedster

I think he'd more likely to have access. Not that this says much.

Most conversion to Ahmadiyya Islam, by a vast margin, is by Muslims of other sects.

Maybe he is touting for other converts here.
I went to several of their gatherings in the 90s(SW London). There were many English-born(whiteys:)) Ahmadis there as well as those from other Islamic sects.
I met their late Khalifa, Khalifatul Masih IV. A wonderful gentle man. I am glad I met him before coming to this forum.
He had interesting life Mirza Tahir Ahmad - Wikipedia

Kirran

Premium Member
I went to several of their gatherings in the 90s(SW London). There were many English-born(whiteys:)) Ahmadis there as well as those from other Islamic sects.
I met their late Khalifa, Khalifatul Masih IV. A wonderful gentle man. I am glad I met him before coming to this forum.

Interesting! Thanks Jedster. I suppose we'll start having British-born Khalifas before long.

I'll read the Wiki page later.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram Sanraal ji

thank you for the refreshingly inteligent and open minded post
They were both God and man. It doesn't really matter what you call them, they are Divine. They represent One God in core, they are allies. Since we live in a Christian environment and many people like to either propegate against the Bible or fiercly defend it, there are Bible examples enough. Here are some Hindu examples I have studied on in the past years,

sadly what you say is so true especialy where it comes to defending ones own religion by denegrating another , ....sadly this is the action of the fearfull and the un enlightened , ....but those that can see the truth in all religions and glorify that truth fearlessly are surely men amongst men , those that fight and snipe are but children , ...
and those that follow the foolish remarks of children are the ''blind who follow the blind'' , and the pit into which they fall is one of hate and inhumanity , ....

Whenever virtue (dharma) declines, and vice (adharma) is in the ascendant, I incarnate Myself on earth. Appearing from age to age in visible form, I come to destroy evil and to re-establish righteousness.” (Krishna, Bhagavad Gita, 4:7-8)

even here he appears as words on the page , and lives on in the hearts just as the words of Jesus live on in the hearts of Christians , ....thus neither die with the body and itis futile to argue over what happened to their mortal remains , ...

>>> Krishna Just as Jesus came for that culture to restore the Kingdom of God. Christians usually do not understand this because they are really into their western culture, but Hindus do also often not understand the other way around either. They both had very different purposes on earth.

Jai Jai , ....(which simply put means all glories) ....perfect , ...to restore the kingdom of God , ...to restore Dharma , ....where is ther vairiance in this beleif ?
what disturbs me greatly it is this unwillingness to understand the obvious that is clearly stated so many times in both Dharmic and Abrahamic faiths , ....

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sins. Do not fear. (Bhagavad Gita 18:66)

so simple , ...abandon all fear , ....

even here this thread is the most perfect example , ...A peace loving Muslim asks a question , ....this question may be met in two ways with openness which sees the oppertunity to glorify each religion , ..or with suspission which accuses him of divisive behavior , ...thus we make enemys of one another but call ourselves religious , ....

>>> Krishna is always with us.

Krishna is the son, the father, the mother, the friend and Lord of all beings in creation. So he is the ‘Self’ of all. He is everything and everywhere and nothing is outside or above Him. (Srimad bhagavatam, Chapter 7)

so perfect , .....those that understand this are truely blessed

[quot]>>> Krishna is God, but he is also the Divine part within each of us. Also he is a friend like Jesus.

But from all things that I would have to sum up, love is truly the highest; love and devotion make that one forgets all other things. It is love that connects the beloved with Me. (Srimad bhagavatam, Chapter 8)[/quote]

and similarly , which ever religion one follows , we can only pray that others receive that blessing of love that disolves hatred and suspicion , that removes fear of the un known and sees God within all

>>> The highest form of acting is love. The same as Jesus says, love your neighbour as yourself and God above all. These commandments are 'the same' because God is the omnipresent eternal force of love.

Jai Jai , ...so perfect , ..thank you my freind

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Thanks for appreciating our religious leader Mirza Tahir Ahmad Khalifatul Masih IV .
I am touting nobody , it is just for love of humanity the world over. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So, where is Krsna's grave?
Regarding Jesus's grave, @paarsurrey, the person who started this thread, firmly believes that Jesus is buried in Kashmir.
There are many clues to that, right in Quran, between the lines in Gospels, Hinduism books, Buddhism books, old history books, old medical books and of course Jesus' real tomb is there in Srinagar, Kashmir, India and his mother Mary's tomb is in Murree (named after her) a hill-station near Islamabad, Pakistan. One may like to visit the Tomb of Jesus. Right? Please
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
There are many clues to that, right in Quran, between the lines in Gospels, Hinduism books, Buddhism books, old history books, old medical books and of course Jesus' real tomb is there in Srinagar, Kashmir, India and his mother Mary's tomb is in Murree (named after her) a hill-station near Islamabad, Pakistan. One may like to visit the Tomb of Jesus. Right? Please
Regards

In which Hindu texts do you see this said?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There is also plenty of physical evidence that Krishna existed, whether one believe him to be God or not.

Krishna very clearly claims to be God in the Bhagavad Gita. The Vaishnava scriptures make it clear that He is God. If we're going by what the scriptures say, clearly both Hinduism and Christianity have strong claims.

Hinduism is much older than Christianity. At one point in time it was spread all through Asia and evidence exists to suggest it existed as far as Africa and Russia. This was before Buddhism came into popularity.

At this point in time, Christianity is the religion with the most followers. Due to the rise of Islam and atheism, this is rapidly declining. If by 'greatest' you mean numbers, well, this is shown for a particular part of human history and is unlikely to remain in the top spot. If by 'great' you mean best, then I would require you to show knowledge about other religions before being able to make such a judgement.
"At this point in time, Christianity is the religion with the most followers. Due to the rise of Islam and atheism, this is rapidly declining. If by 'greatest' you mean numbers, well, this is shown for a particular part of human history and is unlikely to remain in the top spot. If by 'great' you mean best, then I would require you to show knowledge about other religions before being able to make such a judgement."

I like colored in magenta above.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
In which Hindu texts do you see this said?
Just Google "Jesus in India Hinduism" to start. Since Hinduism is an Umbrella term for many religions, many Hindus are unaware as to what other Hindus hold.
Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Jesus was son of Mary. Did Mary ever address Jesus as God? Please
Regards
I don't believe there is any Biblical record of Mary addressing Jesus
Mary never addressed Jesus as god, that is an ample proof that Jesus was never a god. Please
Regards

Kelly of the Phoenix

It would be neat. Preferably not in a chariot on a battlefield though.
He was able to keep Arjuna safe to the extent that when he dismounted, the chariot burst into flames. He's definitely someone you want standing next to you when it hits the fan. :)

Meanwhile, when mobs go after Jesus, he and his cohorts run off, so ...

The Christian God is named Yahweh.
And He's also featured in the Epic of Baal, a Caananite story, though there it's Baal who is the compassionate one and Yahweh/Yah/Yam is the evil one...

I look at this way. Krishna is still dead in his grave. Christ's grave is empty and is risen from the dead.
I wasn't aware you'd been to Krishna's grave and found Krishna's corpse in it.

He is the One who has power over life and death and therefore He is authentically, God.
Elijah and Enoch skip death entirely and get beamed directly to Heaven, do not pass Go, do not collect $200, so why is Jesus a god but they aren't?

His resurrection was witnessed by hundreds of people for about 30 days after, and it is written down for us to scrutinize.
People saw him for 30 days. According to the story itself, no one witnessed the resurrection, what with this really heavy stone in the way and everything ...
He was crucified and sentenced to death by Pontius Pilot for this claim for which most historical scholars support.
But not for being any son of a deity. He was executed for treason or rebellion or some such thing. Romans made entire forests of the crucified, so being hung up on a cross is not really a sign of anything other than Rome apparently loved doing it.

John the Baptist who is also supported as a real man also proclaimed Jesus as the promised Messiah and was beheaded which is a historical fact.
Got historical evidence?

Jesus is also mentioned in non-biblical literature as being a real figure and one who was either claiming to be the son of God or was followed by others who thought He was the Messiah and were persecuted for their beliefs.
If a journalist mentions Superman, does that make him real?

There are many witnesses to Jesus
There were many people who had to be told he was Jesus resurrected, as even his own followers, who had spent God knows how many days, months, or years with him didn't even recognize him.

As far as I know Jesus is the only person who has claimed to be the Son of God
You can find demigods all over the planet from a whole lot of time periods.

and also that He and God were one and the same.
He also said so were we.

IT is a historical fact that He was crucified for this claim and maintained this until his death.
No, he wasn't. Learn to read. The sign on his cross suggested he had claimed political authority, so he was executed for treason.

So He was either a liar, a fool or mad and deluded for doing this. Or He was telling the truth.
We don't have anything written by him, so it's irrelevant. It would be the actual authors who could be lying, stupid, or crazy.

From the time of His crucifixion movement has grown to become the greatest religion ever.
And yet there is still great suffering in the world and most Christians would rather attack each other in the spare moments they aren't attacking someone else.

One may like to visit the Tomb of Jesus. Right? Please
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought making a buck off religion was idolatrous or something. We wouldn't want to turn something sacred into a tourist attraction ...

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't think there are that many on here, and he seems to go after all non-Muslims. But you make a good point. Maybe if he reads this, he will, or perhaps he already has. I don't read the Islam DIR much.