• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus, Judas, & Peter Vs destiny, Fate, or Freewill

Do you believe man has total freewill; Or are all things already determined?

• Man Has total free Will

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • There's another explaination.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Man actions are already determined

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OneAndAll

Hi all; I have always been fascinated by this account of the the final hours of Jesus leading upto his arrest and the crucifixion. In particular the Question of how much a role destiny, fate, & freewill plays out in this part the biblical account of Jesus, and especially how much choice/freewill did Judas and Peter actually have.
Were they totally at liberties to take or not take certain actions; Or were they seemingly locked on an unalterable course - call it human fate/destiny, that they were born to do, and being the case, contribute to the crucifixion story.

Finally; if Peter/Judas were fated/destined to play the roles they played in the crucifixion, what does that say about the freewill of men especially when considering that an infallable JESUS himself had - in two of the examples given - said that certain events/ action, involving Judas/Peter would take place?

Below taken from St Matthew; the King James Bible edition are 2 examples where Jesus Prophecies the actions of Peter and Judas before his arrest. The third example is a biblical confirmation of the 2nd prophesy example given.

Matthew C26:V21
Matthew C26:V33 - 35
Matthew C26: V75

Any Opinions, thoughts , or views of human freewill, fate/destiny welcome.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I believe we have 100% Free Will, complete freedom to control our own Will. Although, I admit, it has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity, as that does not apply to my philosophies.

As for your thread question, if Jesus is One with God then he has foreknowledge. Foreknowledge does not contradict Free Will, both can be true.