• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is under subjection to God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
All religion is, in a sense, make believe, because any theological constructions and understanding of God is not definitional, but descriptive from a subjective standpoint.

I believe all my thological constructions and understanding comes from God so it is all real.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Agreed. God has given him authority to rule the world above all other creatures. Through him, all things will be reunited with the Father. That is why, even not worshiping, I think we must bend to him and call him to our lives.
By the way, missing your posts and @Kolibri ' s

I believe Jesus is my God and King here and now and forever.

Jesus is ,in fact, under subjection to God the Almighty,according to the holy scriptures.

1 Corinthians15:23-25
.…23But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, 24then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.25For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.…(Bible Hub)

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

So here we can clearly see that Jesus is in subjection to God the Almighty, and it is God who gives Jesus the authority.Jesus gives it back to God once it is all done with in the end.Jesus calls the Father his God and your God.God the Almighty has no God.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Jesus is ,in fact, under subjection to God the Almighty,according to the holy scriptures.

.…23But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, 24then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.25For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.…(Bible Hub)

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

So here we can clearly see that Jesus is in subjection to God the Almighty, and it is God who gives Jesus the authority.Jesus gives it back to God once it is all done with in the end.Jesus calls the Father his God and your God.God the Almighty has no God.
Thanks for quote-mining the texts in order to support your preconceived idea.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Luke 1:31 And behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

I believe handing over the kingdom to God simply means that as God Jesus retains it.

I believe I have not seen any such thing at all but it would be nice if you could actually try to provide some logic explaining it for a change.

I believe this is a false statement and one that you can't prove.

Kolibri

"the Almighty has no God." - @Bible Student

For this is what Jehovah says,
The Creator of the heavens, the true God,
The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it,
Who did not create it simply for nothing, (or possibly, "to be empty.") but formed it to be inhabited.
"I am Jehovah, and there is no one else."
I did not speak in a concealed place, in a land of darkness;
I did not say to the offspring (Lit., "seed.") of Jacob,
'Seek me simply for nothing.' (or "in vain.")
I am Jehovah, who speaks what is righteous and declares what is upright.
Gather together and come.
Approach together, you escapees from the nations.
They know nothing, those who carry around carved images
And pray to a god that cannot save them.
Make your report, present your case.
Let them consult together in unity.
Who foretold this long ago
And declared it from times past?
Is it not I, Jehovah?
There is no other God but me;
A righteous God and a Savior, there is none besides me.
Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth,
For I am God, and there is no one else.
- Isaiah 45:18-22

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I believe according to RF there are no facts only beliefs. I would state things as facts but Ido not wish to break the rules and prefer not to be muffled.
However, stating something as a "belief" does not grant carte blanche for reality.

Luke 1:31 And behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

I believe handing over the kingdom to God simply means that as God Jesus retains it.

I believe I have not seen any such thing at all but it would be nice if you could actually try to provide some logic explaining it for a change.

Well, what you think is an opinion, and you are free to have one.Do not think that you know what I know.You have no idea what I can or can't prove.So to even say this is a bit arrogant.Your comments come of condescending.Your tact is that of an aggressive person.Asking questions,discussing and having a civil talk is best.Your approach is not a welcoming one.We can discuss, but when you speak to me in this manner it makes me not wan't to talk to you.I can do without the headache.Have a nice day.:D

"the Almighty has no God." - @Bible Student

For this is what Jehovah says,
The Creator of the heavens, the true God,
The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it,
Who did not create it simply for nothing, (or possibly, "to be empty.") but formed it to be inhabited.
"I am Jehovah, and there is no one else."
I did not speak in a concealed place, in a land of darkness;
I did not say to the offspring (Lit., "seed.") of Jacob,
'Seek me simply for nothing.' (or "in vain.")
I am Jehovah, who speaks what is righteous and declares what is upright.
Gather together and come.
Approach together, you escapees from the nations.
They know nothing, those who carry around carved images
And pray to a god that cannot save them.
Make your report, present your case.
Let them consult together in unity.
Who foretold this long ago
And declared it from times past?
Is it not I, Jehovah?
There is no other God but me;
A righteous God and a Savior, there is none besides me.
Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth,
For I am God, and there is no one else.
- Isaiah 45:18-22

I just read this out loud and it is powerful.:)

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I believe Jesus is my God and King here and now and forever.

Yes, of course Jesus is God. People do not understand the theology of Jesus adherence. They have been goofed by other religious dogma, and tried to 'mix' it into Xianity, or Jesus adherence. It creates a hodge-podge that no one understands.

they end up with no actual beliefs.

Kolibri

I just read this out loud and it is powerful.:)

Then there was King Neuchadnezzer's declaration after he was forced into humility by living as a beast for 7 years.

"At the end of that time I, Neb-u-chad-nez'zar, looked up to the heavens, and my understanding returned to me; and I praised the Most High, and to the One living forever I gave praise and glory, because his rulership is an everlasting rulership and his kingdom is for generation after generation. All the inhabitants of the earth are regarded as nothing, and he does according to his own will among the army of the heavens and the inhabitants of the earth. And there is no one who can hinder him (or "check his hand.") or say to him, 'What have you done?'" - Daniel 4:34,35

While not being a worshipper of Jehovah besides this isolated event, his words mirror Jehovah's own.

Also, I am always the same One;
And no one can snatch anything out of my hand.
When I act, who can prevent it?
- Isaiah 45:13

See no that I - I am he,
And there are no gods apart from me.
I put to death, and I make alive.
I wound, and I will heal,
And no one can rescue from my hand.
- Deuteronomy 32:39

Last edited:
Then there was King Neuchadnezzer's declaration after he was forced into humility by living as a beast for 7 years.

"At the end of that time I, Neb-u-chad-nez'zar, looked up to the heavens, and my understanding returned to me; and I praised the Most High, and to the One living forever I gave praise and glory, because his rulership is an everlasting rulership and his kingdom is for generation after generation. All the inhabitants of the earth are regarded as nothing, and he does according to his own will among the army of the heavens and the inhabitants of the earth. And there is no one who can hinder him (or "check his hand.") o say to him, 'What have you done?'" - Daniel 4:34,35

While not being a worshipper of Jehovah besides this isolated event, his words mirror Jehovah's own.

Also, I am always the same One;
And no one can snatch anything out of my hand.
When I act, who can prevent it?
- Isaiah 45:13

See no that I - I am he,
And there are no gods apart from me.
I put to death, and I make alive.
I wound, and I will heal,
And no one can rescue from my hand.
- Deuteronomy 32:39

Yes,I am very familiar with the book of Daniel. :)It is one of the best writings in the holy scriptures.I remember going head to head with that book last year.I studied it all and made myself learn the names of Daniel,Hananiah,Mishael and Azaraiah.Then their Babylonian names too.Belteshazzar,Shadrach,Meshach and Abednego.I would be studying and I would stumble across knowledge.I love it! I saw how the tree in the vision represented King Nebuchadnezzar(kingdom) and the stump ment it would be restored after the 7 years.Also how you can compare Isaiah 14 with Daniel 4.It is speaking of the same thing.How Nebuchadnezzar was cast down.This is the tree being cut down.After the 7 years he praised Jehovah but his dynasty would come to an end with Belshazzar.Drinking out of those holy vessels was not a good idea.

mene mene tekel upharsin

Ps.I just remembered about Daniel 12 where it speaks of Michael being the prince.You just sparked my interest again in that book.Thank you so much.Now I will read it again to refresh myself.:thumbsup:

Last edited: