• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus in Islam

outhouse

Atheistically
It is not intended to be a Study of Jesus(as)

Maybe you should tell all muslims not to read it literally then.

Because it is no more divine then if I wrote every word in it.

It is simply a condensed version of all previous revelations with the errors and mistranslations removed.

This is 100% false and insulting.

Your authors had no idea what was an error or mistranslation.

But they were great at plagiarizing the bible, cherry picking and quote mining it for their own personal needs.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Its not that brother.

It is just a matter of facts. There is no value or credibility or accuracy about jesus in the Koran.

Even the NT is tough to get information from that has value or credibility or accuracy.
Why don't you put this "Historical evidence" think on your answering machine. No one is disputing the existence of Jesus, so why do We need to show you the Historical credibility of the Quran in regards to Jesus! what are you getting at?

outhouse

Atheistically
Why don't you put this "Historical evidence" think on your answering machine. No one is disputing the existence of Jesus, so why do We need to show you the Historical credibility of the Quran in regards to Jesus! what are you getting at?

What I said when I replied was stated just fine, and very obvious.

That the Koran has plagiarized every bit of jesus, and has no value at all if one wants to know or understand jesus.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
That the Koran has plagiarized every bit of jesus, and has no value at all if one wants to know or understand jesus.
Actually, the Quran is not intended to be a history of Jesus, it is a book of guidance so I agree with you.
how about your Bible, why YOUR scholars are saying it is corrupted? and which bible are you talking about! which one of those countless ones?

outhouse

Atheistically
why YOUR scholars are saying it is corrupted?

They are not my scholars, they are the worlds scholars. Credible Scholars are not broken into apologetic circles.

They are not saying corrupted, and when they do, it is taken out of context.

These books were collections that were compiled and edited by many people who found importance in them.

and which bible are you talking about! which one of those countless ones?

These books ALL remain very close to the original finished product. These changes you speak about are all minor and it changes the theology very little.

It does need to be pointed out though, that unlike the Koran, these books do have credible evidence for Jesus

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
They are not my scholars, they are the worlds scholars. Credible Scholars are not broken into apologetic circles.

They are not saying corrupted, and when they do, it is taken out of context.

These books were collections that were compiled and edited by many people who found importance in them.

These books ALL remain very close to the original finished product. These changes you speak about are all minor and it changes the theology very little.

It does need to be pointed out though, that unlike the Koran, these books do have credible evidence for Jesus
I am sorry, Have you tried to type "contradictions in the Bible" on Google? you are fooling yourself

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Still not the same Jesus as our Jesus Christ.
And yes Jesus did say he died on the cross in the bible.

You should watch this video it might clear some things up for you.

I wasn't talking about Jesus dying on the cross but for people's sins.
I don't believe that Jesus in the Bible said that to his followers.

outhouse

Atheistically
I am sorry, Have you tried to type "contradictions in the Bible" on Google? you are fooling yourself

Contradictions are not errors or corruption :rolleyes:

These are not read literal, or primitively by most followers.

These are collections from different communities with different takes on the same people. And the church fathers who collected these books and placed them together were well aware of said contradictions. They just did not translate it primitively

outhouse

Atheistically
I don't believe that Jesus in the Bible said that to his followers.

This may be true. But it is the best we have.

It is also better and more accurate then a plagiarized version with no credibility at all.

The NT has the possibility to go back to some Galilean Aramaic verses and parables of John and Jesus and the Fishermen. As to where the koran has no possibility what so ever.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Contradictions are not errors or corruption :rolleyes:

These are not read literal, or primitively by most followers.

These are collections from different communities with different takes on the same people. And the church fathers who collected these books and placed them together were well aware of said contradictions. They just did not translate it primitively

Well there's one thing the Koran is certainly wrong about concerning the question of whether or not Jesus is the son of God. We are ALL sons and daughters of God, so being that Jesus is "one of us", that would include him also. I think that most followers of Islam are very well-meaning and righteous people, but the idea of this Mohammad being is a mystery to my mind.

outhouse

Atheistically
We are ALL sons and daughters of God, so being that Jesus is "one of us",

That may be true.

But during this period in context, the Emperor was first named "son of god" and considered to be divine and demanded worship.

The unknown authors of the bible were competing against his divinity, proselytizing the gentiles that worshiped the Emperor.

"son of god" is a concept that evolved. And your position may be one way it started and was later combined with the Hellenist version we know today in the NT

Pastek

Sunni muslim
We are ALL sons and daughters of God, so being that Jesus is "one of us", that would include him also. I think that most followers of Islam are very well-meaning and righteous people, but the idea of this Mohammad being is a mystery to my mind.

Exactly that what i think, it means spiritually that Jesus is the son of God. Like in the Scriptures it's Israel Exodus 4.22 and in Job 1.6 -i don't know if it's the angels but- they are called the "sons of God".

Exactly that what i think, it means spiritually that Jesus is the son of God. Like in the Scriptures it's Israel Exodus 4.22 and in Job 1.6 -i don't know if it's the angels but- they are called the "sons of God".

Even the rebels....the sons and daughers of Darkness are children of God. Only they think they can overthrow his kingdom using witchcraft and technology.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Its not that brother.

It is just a matter of facts. There is no value or credibility or accuracy about jesus in the Koran.

Even the NT is tough to get information from that has value or credibility or accuracy.

What I don't understand is; even if those are facts and believers are completely wrong about it, they believe in it. We all could believe in things that others see completely absurd. Why not let people believe what they want?

We must understand that no one is perfect. We must consider differences in peoples' mentalities. Consider their feelings. When people are told something and they still insist otherwise, let's just leave them alone.

There is no good in running behind peoples' supposed mistakes and demonize them for it.

Sorry for my rant, I had to let it go.

outhouse

Atheistically
Why not let people believe what they want?

because we try and help those that are driving down a blind road. While islam may not be doing that. Every aspect of jesus in islam is.

We are not demonizing, just stating the truth, and the truth is not liked.

Your not alone. When Christians make unsubstantiated claims, I address those as well, same for Judaism.

No one is getting a free ride here. But history rules here, not religion.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
because we try and help those that are driving down a blind road. While islam may not be doing that. Every aspect of jesus in islam is.

We are not demonizing, just stating the truth, and the truth is not liked.

Your not alone. When Christians make unsubstantiated claims, I address those as well, same for Judaism.

No one is getting a free ride here. But history rules here, not religion.

But what if they insist? We can't just push them over? Wouldn't that be imposing?

outhouse

Atheistically
But what if they insist? We can't just push them over? Wouldn't that be imposing?

There is right and wrong. There is truth and not true. There is reality and those who avoid it at different levels.

Only you can decide where you want to fit in. And you cannot blame those who try and pass on credible education and knowledge as that is more important then imposing.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
There is right and wrong. There is truth and not true. There is reality and those who avoid it at different levels.

Only you can decide where you want to fit in. And you cannot blame those who try and pass on credible education and knowledge as that is more important then imposing.

I dunno man. When it is about religious people imposing things on people, we complain on why would they do that and that they should not impose anything like that, yet when we impose thing on people, we come up with reason like because they are wrong or because it is the truth. Understanding of wrong and truth differ with people.