• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' ethnicity (Ancient Jews' ethnicity)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I wasn't sure. Yes, most of the Mediterranean basin was populated by peoples from the eastern Mediterranean/Levant area. The original inhabitants of Sicily, for example, were the Sicels, Sicanians and Elymians. They began settling there by about 3800 BCE. It's kind of an interest of mine: I am half Sicilian (paternal line), with a Y DNA haplogroup that originated in the Near East/Red Sea area. As a glow-in-the-dark-white-as-a-ghost-auburn-haired Sicilian, I have about 13% North African and Middle Eastern ancestry.
DNA is something that goes beyond physical appearance.
For example: Joy Behar. First time I heard her speak, I exclaimed: "OMG, A Sicilian!". Because she has those tonalities and sounds in her way of expressing that only Sicilian women have. But the name was not Italiano...so I checked on Wikipedia. Josephine Occhiuto.
I was SO right:D:D:p:p Sicula è...

My question was different. Do you think he looked like that man in that movie?
You won't answer

I've answered multiple times.

Who knows what he looked like? But, go to the regions from Greece to the Levant and Israel and look what most people look like today and choose the most 'typical' appearance. That is what the balance of probabilities says he looked like (albeit a bit shorter and less well nourished). You can also look at the diversity within the indigenous population to see the range of appearance so you can create a 'spread' with probabilities attached to it.

Do you think the movie dude reflects the most typical appearance from that region?