• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Dying for Our Sins

blue taylor

The following came to mind when I was reminded that Easter was approaching. It got me thinking. . . . .

If I remember correctly, Jesus was put on Earth to save sinners from Hell and insure they could go to heaven.

And, as I recall, Jesus was one of three consubstantial expressions (a term I took from the definition of the trinity) of god.

So, in fact, god put himself on Earth to save sinners from the Hell he had created for them, or at least permitted it to exist.

God therefore went about his work on earth in the guise of a human, and being omniscient knew what lay ahead---the impending betrayal, crucifixion, and resurrection from his human form.

Knowing how his earthly life was to play out, and purposely orchestrating the whole thing, insuring that he would be betrayed, arrested, crucified, etc. why do people find his "suffering" on the cross and his resurrection so admirable? I don't get it.

First of all, he created Hell (or if you prefer, exclusion from Heaven), but why? The only answer I've been able to come up with is that he wanted his creatures, us, to need him. Need him to get us out of the predicament he set up for us. However, he didn't need it for quite a few years, during which time he sent millions of people to his Hell. Then he comes along and offers a way out to some of his creatures, but only if they sing his praises for being a good guy who had himself killed.

In light of the foregoing, isn't Christianity simply an insurance policy that demands that one buy into the notion that the crucifixion and all was some kind of true sacrifice, when, in fact, it appears there was no actual sacrifice at all? It is all a ploy to get people to praise him, and those who don't can go to H - E - double hockey sticks.

If I've missed some critical aspect of the story please bring me up to speed.

Christianity is the worlds largest business. It has nothing to do with salvation. Just lots of people making alot of money in the name of Jesus.

The following came to mind when I was reminded that Easter was approaching. It got me thinking. . . . .

If I remember correctly, Jesus was put on Earth to save sinners from Hell and insure they could go to heaven.

And, as I recall, Jesus was one of three consubstantial expressions (a term I took from the definition of the trinity) of god.

So, in fact, god put himself on Earth to save sinners from the Hell he had created for them, or at least permitted it to exist.

God therefore went about his work on earth in the guise of a human, and being omniscient knew what lay ahead---the impending betrayal, crucifixion, and resurrection from his human form.

Knowing how his earthly life was to play out, and purposely orchestrating the whole thing, insuring that he would be betrayed, arrested, crucified, etc. why do people find his "suffering" on the cross and his resurrection so admirable? I don't get it.

First of all, he created Hell (or if you prefer, exclusion from Heaven), but why? The only answer I've been able to come up with is that he wanted his creatures, us, to need him. Need him to get us out of the predicament he set up for us. However, he didn't need it for quite a few years, during which time he sent millions of people to his Hell. Then he comes along and offers a way out to some of his creatures, but only if they sing his praises for being a good guy who had himself killed.

In light of the foregoing, isn't Christianity simply an insurance policy that demands that one buy into the notion that the crucifixion and all was some kind of true sacrifice, when, in fact, it appears there was no actual sacrifice at all? It is all a ploy to get people to praise him, and those who don't can go to H - E - double hockey sticks.

If I've missed some critical aspect of the story please bring me up to speed.

Jesus dying on the cross and his resurrection are purely solar mythology based on the zodiac. The cross is the equinox's and solstices. At the autumn equinox the sun drops below the equator signaling the start of shorter days and longer nights until the sun finally reaches its lowest point on Dec 21st at the winter solstice and doesn't move a degree for 3 days, after which it starts its journey again resuming a 1 degree a day climb in the sky.

Easter, or the spring equinox is when the sun is celebrated as it crosses over "pass over" into the northern hemisphere signaling spring, longer, warmer days.
You'll notice most of the worlds festivals/celebrations coincide with either the equinox's or solstices.

The story of Jesus is just an allegory of this process and not the first mind you.

Leonardo's painting of the last supper shows he was in the know. When you draw a circle around the cross it gives you 4 sections. Insert the 12 constellations "12 disciples" and they will be divided in groups of 3, exactly as Leonardo painted them. :)

Don't forget, the universe we exist in is one of polarity. Hot and cold are varying degrees of the same thing, so is good and evil. Everything in our existance is that way. You can't have one without the other. The universe is perfectly balanced that way ;)

Last edited:

blue taylor

Jesus dying on the cross and his resurrection are purely solar mythology based on the zodiac. The cross is the equinox's and solstices. At the autumn equinox the sun drops below the equator signaling the start of shorter days and longer nights until the sun finally reaches its lowest point on Dec 21st at the winter solstice and doesn't move a degree for 3 days, after which it starts its journey again resuming a 1 degree a day climb in the sky.

Easter, or the spring equinox is when the sun is celebrated as it crosses over "pass over" into the northern hemisphere signaling spring, longer, warmer days.
You'll notice most of the worlds festivals/celebrations coincide with either the equinox's or solstices.

The story of Jesus is just an allegory of this process and not the first mind you.

Leonardo's painting of the last supper shows he was in the know. When you draw a circle around the cross it gives you 4 sections. Insert the 12 constellations "12 disciples" and they will be divided in groups of 3, exactly as Leonardo painted them. :)

Don't forget, the universe we exist in is one of polarity. Hot and cold are varying degrees of the same thing, so is good and evil. Everything in our existance is that way. You can't have one without the other. The universe is perfectly balanced that way ;)
Hot and cold seek out each other, merge and become warmth. The same way high pressure seeks out lower pressure until the pressure is equalized. Good and evil do not seek out each other and merge. They avoid and detest each other.

blue taylor

What about the concept of yin and yang, where all good has a bit of evil and all evil has a bit of good?
Yin and yang are not good and evil. They are symbols of opposites but are not usually reffered to as good and evil. Dark and light, strong and weak, male and female, ect. And yes as you say nothing is ever black and white in this world. Greyscale is it.

Hot and cold seek out each other, merge and become warmth. The same way high pressure seeks out lower pressure until the pressure is equalized. Good and evil do not seek out each other and merge. They avoid and detest each other.

To be far, good and evil become relative terms when approaching them in scientific terms which can be measured. Emotions related to the behaviors we deem good or evil, each has a frequency. For example joyfullness has a high/fast frequency while anger has a low/slow frequency. Their opposites but of the same thing ie "emotions".
They are varying frequencies of the samething, "emotions"
Its the immaterial that connects the material. ;)