• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus, do you still love me?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Jesus, remember when we were close? Remember how close we were!?! Are you still close to me? I was told that once we received your blood and the Holy Spirit, we were yours forever. Bought and paid for by your blood. Am I yours, Jesus? Even now, as I declare apostasy, do you protect me from myself? Do you widen the steps beneath my feet still? Or, will you let me tumble? Oh Jesus, you declared your love for me, so when I die I suppose it will be a test of that love. Will you damn me, God? I have stopped burning incense and sage as offerings for you. My daily conversations with you have ceased. My undying love for you has died(?). Has it died for you, oh Jesus?
I perceived myself as your faithful servant, yet I could never control my sinful nature. So, was I ever your faithful servant? Perhaps I was never yours. Deluded. I lie to myself about the true nature of my ways in order to be happy. Isn’t that the norm?
Oh Jesus will you still love me in this life, even as I choose to walk away. Do you love me now? Will you guard me now? Or will you let my life fall apart?
I know the way close to you, yet I refuse it. Stubbornness is my trait, will it be the death of me?
I am not sure I can ever return to you Jesus. I don’t know if that is logically possible. You have to be definitively real for there to be a chance, Jesus. If you are not real then how can I serve you? That’s like trying to be an elf for the non existent Santa. The sayings ascribed to you sound great and all, love is love is love and stuff. But I want to serve GOD. And if there is no God, or if God is dead, then I don’t want it.
I’m not special, you’re not going to appear to me out of the blue. Surely many Christians somewhat desire for you to definitively prove you to them. They don’t get it.
I can’t trust the psychotic experiences I have had which have shown me you. So I guess this might be it. I yearn for our relationship, Jesus. I yearn for it. I miss it. All the little aspects of it. The major aspects. The peace and tranquility. The happiness. Happiness is achievable without you, I know the life circumstances which prevent my happiness. But I was able to fall into your arms for comfort, and that was happiness.
Have I cursed myself, God? This life is terrifying without you. It always was, but more so without you.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I could never understand why one would expect a mythological character in a book to have traits conducive to emotions like love.

It's really a reflection of oneself, and opens an opportunity for introspection that is more beneficial than a religious icon that cannot answer back.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I can’t trust the psychotic experiences I have had which have shown me you. So I guess this might be it. I yearn for our relationship, Jesus. I yearn for it. I miss it. All the little aspects of it. The major aspects. The peace and tranquility. The happiness. Happiness is achievable without you, I know the life circumstances which prevent my happiness. But I was able to fall into your arms for comfort, and that was happiness.
If you yearn so much for Jesus, then whether he was what people say about him or he was a fraudster, the best thing for you will be to go back to him and his father.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Neither does the Man City forward.

As a child i used to support city, i even went to their training ground a couple of times. But i had to give up on a reciprocal basis, they never supported me when i was bad

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Jesus, remember when we were close? Remember how close we were!?! Are you still close to me? I was told that once we received your blood and the Holy Spirit, we were yours forever. Bought and paid for by your blood. Am I yours, Jesus? Even now, as I declare apostasy, do you protect me from myself? Do you widen the steps beneath my feet still? Or, will you let me tumble? Oh Jesus, you declared your love for me, so when I die I suppose it will be a test of that love. Will you damn me, God? I have stopped burning incense and sage as offerings for you. My daily conversations with you have ceased. My undying love for you has died(?). Has it died for you, oh Jesus?
I perceived myself as your faithful servant, yet I could never control my sinful nature. So, was I ever your faithful servant? Perhaps I was never yours. Deluded. I lie to myself about the true nature of my ways in order to be happy. Isn’t that the norm?
Oh Jesus will you still love me in this life, even as I choose to walk away. Do you love me now? Will you guard me now? Or will you let my life fall apart?
I know the way close to you, yet I refuse it. Stubbornness is my trait, will it be the death of me?
I am not sure I can ever return to you Jesus. I don’t know if that is logically possible. You have to be definitively real for there to be a chance, Jesus. If you are not real then how can I serve you? That’s like trying to be an elf for the non existent Santa. The sayings ascribed to you sound great and all, love is love is love and stuff. But I want to serve GOD. And if there is no God, or if God is dead, then I don’t want it.
I’m not special, you’re not going to appear to me out of the blue. Surely many Christians somewhat desire for you to definitively prove you to them. They don’t get it.
Have I cursed myself, God? This life is terrifying without you. It always was, but more so without you.

Hey Jesus do you have an RF account?

Dear Xavier,

I had Ken open this account just for you and others too. He is my ambassador

:hugehug:

I hear Him saying, "Yes, I do love you. As I also spoke to Paul, so I am speaking to you when I said, "you can be absolutely convinced that neither death nor life, neither messenger of Heaven nor monarch of earth, neither what happens today nor what may happen tomorrow, neither a power from on high nor a power from below, nor anything else in God’s whole world has any power to separate you from my love through Jesus Christ our Lord!

You see, my son, you don't quite grasp the understanding of my love. You still are trying to be perfect when every day you realize you are not perfect and don't understand that perfection is not required for me to love. In your effort to try to not sin, it just causes you to sin again and yet your perfectness is not required.

I love you because.... I choose to love you. Not because of what you do but because of who you are... my son. Stop trying to be perfect and just rest in my capacity to work in you. You will change by just loving me. When you miss it, just know that it doesn't change my love for you. Just get up and let's try it again. Every error, mistake or sin is already forgiven in my eyes.

Let's do life together. If life is falling apart it would be because you don't let me help you"

Signed,

Ambassador Ken on behalf of your Father.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
But I want to serve GOD. And if there is no God, or if God is dead, then I don’t want it

Pick a God with a name. I promise, the Nameless 1. Does not care. The nameless One wants you to be YOU, and Happy, however that takes shape.

I can’t trust the psychotic experiences I have had which have shown me you.

Why not? I trust my psychotic episodes, why shouldn't you? What we experience is always real, even if only to us. It doesn't matter what others perceptions of it is. You're not supposed to convince them, only yourself.

Twilight Hue

Why wouldn't they? Did the author not write them with a full range of emotional expression ;)
I guess you could say the character lives in one's psychology and is technically real within one's own mental realm with the capacity for emotion, but I view that as an extension of a person's psyche placed into an avatar.

Twilight Hue

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry (@Twilight Hue ), but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

-Dumbledore
It does make a good philosophical subject.
The reality within the fantasy. Even a fake character can still be inspirational and carry influence in the real world within the living.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Pick a God with a name. I promise, the Nameless 1. Does not care. The nameless One wants you to be YOU, and Happy, however that takes shape.
!! *light bulb* !!
I don’t have to know God to serve God. I can use my moral compass and act compassionately and morally regardless of my knowledge of Him or not.
Does acting morally serve God? Depends on your cosmic model I guess. In my model, acting morally directly helps God, and our moral acts is rather necessary for His continual perpetuation.
Why not? I trust my psychotic episodes, why shouldn't you? What we experience is always real, even if only to us. It doesn't matter what others perceptions of it is. You're not supposed to convince them, only yourself.
It’s (I don’t know what other adjective to use here) insane how much information from the spiritual world the mind can encounter when under the right circumstances. It is the circumstances in which my personal methods to achieve knowledge are questionable. That I do not trust.

Last edited:

Gargovic Malkav

I don’t have to know God to serve God.

I'm reminded of a Jewish wisdom, it went something like this:

Once, the great Hassidic leader, Zusia, came to his followers. His eyes were red with tears, and his face was pale with fear.

"Zusia, what's the matter? You look frightened!"

"The other day, I had a vision. In it, I learned the question that the angels will one day ask me about my life."

The followers were puzzled. "Zusia, you are pious. You are scholarly and humble. You have helped so many of us. What question about your life could be so terrifying that you would be frightened to answer it?"

Zusia turned his gaze to heaven. "I have learned that the angels will not ask me, 'Why weren't you a Moses, leading your people out of slavery?'"

His followers persisted. "So, what will they ask you?"

"And I have learned," Zusia sighed, "that the angels will not ask me, 'Why weren't you a Joshua, leading your people into the promised land?'"

One of his followers approached Zusia and placed his hands on Zusia's shoulders. Looking him in the eyes, the follower demanded, "But what will they ask you?"

"They will say to me, 'Zusia, there was only one thing that no power of heaven or earth could have prevented you from becoming.' They will say, 'Zusia, why weren't you Zusia?'

David Davidovich

Xavier, I don't know if this video will help, but it is by someone who is about your age (or at least he was when he taped this video) and someone who seems to have had a similar experience as do (religiously that is), however, he seemed to have overcome his religious confusion. I hope this helps.