• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus and the law

Heneni

Miss Independent
Also, just before i sign off, this transformation that happens inside of us, is not a changing of the 'evil' spritual man into a 'good' spiritual man. The transformation im talking about is the gradual realising, becoming aware, revealing of the recreated new inner man to our conscience. We are not being changed into something new, we are already new. New as in newly created in christ on the cross (and i must have lost you right about there). This transformation is the gradual process of living out of the reality of who we are IN christ, instead of the false self which we have come to believe we are In the world.

Bye for now
heneni

gwk230

Its not making any sense is it? I can deal with all your questions but i will answer what i can without having to post scripture yet. This subject is deap can take a long time even for a christian to fully explore all of its depth.

Instead of putting it all out there and wasting my time and yours on a post too long to read, and to boring to care, we must start somewhere alright?

What do i mean christ is my law? I mean that he is the one that personifies the standard I can live by. He is a law in living form. He is not a law written in letters, he is a living standard that invites one to live like him in order to experience true life, and that standard is written in our heart so to speak in the form of His living presence in the spirit of a man.

The OT law was the standard by which all jews had to life by. Christ is the standard by which his gentile children CAN live by. He is the bar that sets the standard for right thinking and right living and right doing.

How can we sum up what christs standard is for us? To love him with all our hearts soul and mind. That means to DESIRE him. The standard of christ was nothing short than absolute desire to please his father in everyway and everyday. When we desire jesus we unlock all the power that he has to transform us from the inside out. So that the law of christ is not a yoke or a burden but instead a freedom from rituals and a living in the glorious joy of desiring to please him everyday more than the day before.

This kind of law starts on the inside of a man and transforms him from within. Now, for god to work on the inside of a man, he has to extend grace to him. Undeserved favour. So that He might draw near to him and fellowship with him in order to transform him. The transformation happens quite naturally in the man as he communes with god everyday. Without grace, gods undeserved favour, one would never be able to approach the king and he would never approach you in a way that speaks of 'friendship and relationship'. So the law of christ, our standard by which we can live, is a standard that can never be achieved unless we have a desire for god, which he places in us as he reveals himself to us, and the majesty and glory of his being grips us so, that we would be utterly devastated if he does not also extend to us the grace (undeserved favour) to draw near to such beauty, grace,splendor and majesty. And to be drawn by god completely because of undeserved favour, is to be changed forever by the transforming power of his presence in the spirit of a man.

If you have any questions thus far please fire away.

Also, just before i sign off, this transformation that happens inside of us, is not a changing of the 'evil' spritual man into a 'good' spiritual man. The transformation im talking about is the gradual realising, becoming aware, revealing of the recreated new inner man to our conscience. We are not being changed into something new, we are already new. New as in newly created in christ on the cross (and i must have lost you right about there). This transformation is the gradual process of living out of the reality of who we are IN christ, instead of the false self which we have come to believe we are In the world.

Bye for now
heneni

You lost me when you stated that you could answer my questions without scripture. If you cannot back up what you state with scripture then I understand. If it isn’t written I don’t put much stock in it. To me it’s little more than pure fanciful conjecture.

Heneni

Miss Independent
You lost me when you stated that you could answer my questions without scripture. If you cannot back up what you state with scripture then I understand. If it isn’t written I don’t put much stock in it. To me it’s little more than pure fanciful conjecture.

Fair enough, but i am also of the opinion that scripture wont really make it unfanciful for you.

So....i guess we will leave it at that!

heneni

gwk230

Fair enough, but i am also of the opinion that scripture wont really make it unfanciful for you.

So....i guess we will leave it at that!

heneni

I'm not surprised. Most christians that I have came in contact with don’t really have any scriptural foundation as to any basis for their understandings without plenty of dreamed up conjectural fairy tales added. I for the life of me don’t know why I thought you would be any different.

So yes, I would say you should leave it well enough alone.

gwk230

The Historical Jesus followed the older Samaritan Law's less anthropomorphic God.

I understand that the bible we have today as well as what was written in Hebrew show the same El. One cannot help mans delusions of misinterpretations.