• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus and satan as brothers...

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You are welcome!

I’ve never been to their churches or temples, but I can see where they get the idea.

You know, Satan was not created to be God’s opposer / resister. (That’s what the word Satan means: ‘opposer’ or ‘resister’.... and Devil means ‘slanderer’) Anymore than parents give birth to a child that’s born a thief. But the child can become a thief, by the choices he / she makes.

Take care!
Just as a point of interest to those who do think satan's actions are ordained (such as many in Judaism), thief or criminal is not a proper analogy. More like a prosecutor. Testing mankind's worthiness.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
At a women's Bible study tonight, the Pastor's wife said that Mormons believe that Jesus and satan were brothers. It is tiresome to hear that about the Mormons but when you go to a Mormon site, they say that is not true.

My belief is that Jesus is the "only begotten Son of God, while satan was a fallen angel.

There is plenty I disagree with about Mormon doctrine, so why spout falsehoods? They only demonstrate the speaker's lack of knowledge of the scripture.
I was LDS for 25 years or so, and I'm coming back, but I'll let my LDS friends answer this one.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I love Mormons, with the exception of those fat, senile old men in SLC. I won't return to it because I'd never be deemed suitable to those plonkers.
I assume by plonker you mean the general authorities and not drunks in the streets of SLC. Well, they work very hard and get real emotional during General Conference.

I'm not trying to proselyte you and I have already been warned against proselyting by the moderators. I am just trying to rebuttal a little bit.