• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Japan Earthquake

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My first thought is he probably has no idea severe an earthquake can actually be. Japan was hit hard, but it gets much worse. He probably doesn't realize how many earthquakes happen per year either.
Overall he seems to be nothing more than another zealous loon that has a literal interpretation of only a few Bible verses and likely couldn't even name the gospels.

not nom

Jesus-weeps.jpg

+

And it is but a harbinger of the consummation of the Christian hope, a precursor of the age to come, when the children of God will be revealed in glorious power and divine vindication. The dead would be raised, the judgment delivered, and the new earth and heaven inherited and inhabited by the redeemed of the Triune God. What a blast that would be!

=

:confused:

that's just being a sociopath. "oh look, the earth is being cleared out of the riff-raff, you know, those other people -- praise the lord". oh well no surprise there. I'm sure fundies of other religions used it for their stuff, too.

as jesus said, funnily enough speaking of the end times: where the corpse is, the vultures will be ;)

Sonic247

Nah he isn't saying that it was a good thing that happened. He's just comparing wold history to a birth. It's obviously painful while it's happening but at the end it's good...

not nom

Nah he isn't saying that it was a good thing that happened. He's just comparing wold history to a birth. It's obviously painful while it's happening but at the end it's good...

sure, for "the redeemed of the Triune God". what's a bit of destruction, death and damnation for everyone else, eh?

Sonic247

Cause he was the one that said it was "divine retribution." Plus I'm pretty sure Christians died in the tsunami too.

not nom

well no, I find that nowhere near as nasty as "yay, teamleader is coming back, to everybody else's detriment" myself. it's not like he's talking about how it's because japan didn't accept jesus. I guess it's a japanese thing, I wouldn't even try to understand.

I think I have a firmer grasp on evangelicals etc... and that christians died in it doesn't make it okay for others to run their yap about it. let the christians who died in it come back on clouds and tell us how it confirms this religion other living christians would love to sell us.

earthquakes happen constantly on fault lines. that's what they're for.

Sonic247

I mean I am not happy that people will suffer, but I'm sure God won't give anyone more than they deserve.