• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

J?

Is there something to do with this letter in Christianity? Joseph...Joseph...Joseph Smith...Jesus...Jehovah? Maybe there is?(two josephs, because there were two josephs)

Any Thoughts?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Could have also been "Dy".

(Take the song from Led Zep titled "D'yer Mak'er" - say it fast and often enough and it sounds like "Jamaica" - which by the way is a hint to the reggae sound of that song...)

Muffled

Jesus in me
Could have also been "Dy".

(Take the song from Led Zep titled "D'yer Mak'er" - say it fast and often enough and it sounds like "Jamaica" - which by the way is a hint to the reggae sound of that song...)

Jumping Jehoshaphat or yumpin yiminy. I've always enjoyed the Zep's level of sophistication.

A Gimel looks a little like a "J" but I don't suppose that is it?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
What about Jeroboam, Jehosaphat, Jehu, Jesse, Jeremiah, Joel, James, Judas, Judith, Joses?
And what's up with Zerubbabel???

farfignewton

the man!
Yeah, Joshua is the most important one there!

*wistles innocently*

Actualy, the origional book was called Yashua, the hebrew word for Jesus. *Yashua Mashia = Jesus the Messiah*
Good ole Constintine changed it to Joshua so that there wouldnt be as much confusion.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
inscription.gif

Ya'akov bar Yoseph achui d Yeshua

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Enough with the Led Zeppelin...

I'm hoping that eventually if I drill it into you enough you'll convert!!!

But on that note, I swear that Led Zep had something going with this J thing as well!!

Jimmy Page (considered, by many, to be a God in his own right as a guitarist)
John-Paul Jones
John Bonham.... (Also, considered by many to be a drum-God *although, not to be confused with Demi-god*)

EDIT: and even Bonzo's son, Jason Bonham!!!!! Why hasn't this been picked up earlier guys!!!

farfignewton

the man!
That is a remarkably ignorant statement.

:D Thank you. :D

I dont know why it was changed, but I figured poking fun at the whole "Constintine changed the bible" thing would be fun.

(glad someone caught it.... oh, and I found you sig worthy. )