• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

it's pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Altruism doesn't seem as evil to me as it used to now when I need it most. It's just that those sloths that pretend to be altruistic, I never know if someone is looking at me or is looking at themselves through a mirror.

I don't claim to be selfish or apathetic, I claim that everyone who claims to be altruistic is literally not, every humanist on this forum is lying, they're all just saying they're altruistic to get friends, to get moderator, etc. and what I am is just a desperate little b*tch who's mind is crying to be looked at and jokes laughed at.

I notice you tend to shift the attention away from what your actions, thoughts, and intentions are and toward broad-brush generalizations about other people. Why are you so focused on what everybody else is seeing, thinking, and doing, and making absolute judgements on them?

Not only that, but I ask again: if you have so much figured out about people and life, why is it that you are so full of bitterness and resentment? Why are you so unhappy?

Me Myself

Back to my username
I notice you tend to shift the attention away from what your actions, thoughts, and intentions are and toward broad-brush generalizations about other people. Why are you so focused on what everybody else is seeing, thinking, and doing, and making absolute judgements on them?

Not only that, but I ask again: if you have so much figured out about people and life, why is it that you are so full of bitterness and resentment? Why are you so unhappy?

He is in his male period, plain and simple :eek:

It may last a while though, teen years are troublesome like that >.<

Gonna depend on him starting to work consciously trying to look at the bright side of things or not.

Which reminds me:

[youtube]WoaktW-Lu38[/youtube]
Always Look On The Bright Side of Life - Life Of Brian (Monty Python) Lyrics - YouTube

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
"evil" is subjective, but I find it caprichous to put the label on anything that does not cause suffering. I find it backwards to put it on the very emotion that makes us want to end suffering.

We´ve been over this before and you have already said that you know this is not the case for everyone. Furthermore, neurology tells us most of us have altruist moments. Now for frequency, sure, a lot of "niceness" is plain conditioned behavior made only to not gain enemies, but it is still not all. Everybody who is not a sociopath has been altruist more than once in his life.

About telling the difference, it is going to be imposible for you in your current form. You can barely trust any judgement you make on such a delicate emotional state you are currently in. Your lens are obviously way off, at least for now.

Now if you just crave any attention, grab a funny hat. It tends to work for me. :D

You can also:

draw a stick figure in your forehead and make it dance as you move your eyebrows

walk funny (simply and always possible, but almost always it works)

Shave your head and eyebrows (the air in naked head is awesome!!! :eek: Specially when sticking the head out of the car window! :D )

Learn to juggle, and juggle. A lot of people will give you attention for that, and some may beg you to teach them.

Well, that´s what I can think for now, I ve done all of them (except shaving my eye brows, that one I chicken out, but probably doing it this coming year :D ) I ve had my fun with them. Do remember though, if you are too eager for attention you will most likely want to both reduce the need and satisfy it. If you just try to satisfy it and let the need grow it is going to get unbearable and you are going to be miserable (or stay miserable). If you learn to lower the need but still satisfy it from time to time, its gonna be a nice cherry top of ice cream here and there.

Everyone who CLAIMS... A real altruist wouldn't be sitting in front of a computer, they would be giving it to a homeless. I doubt a real altruist would care to call themselves one as well.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Everyone who CLAIMS... A real altruist wouldn't be sitting in front of a computer, they would be giving it to a homeless. I doubt a real altruist would care to call themselves one as well.

My friend, we can debate, but you wont be receptive anyways, that's one of the reasons I have mostly abandoned this kind of threads of yours.

Hope my advises work for something and if not, that you work it out yourself well enough. :)

The Sum of Awe

Because they're not openly honest, most of the time.

Because it's hard to distinct the real from pretend altruists. This brings another test, once I gather a proclaimed altruist.

The Sum of Awe

My friend,

Not your's.

we can debate, but you wont be receptive anyways, that's one of the reasons I have mostly abandoned this kind of threads of yours.

Debate what? That people who claim to be altruistic are lying? I don't want to debate, that's why I'm being repetitive with my answers, I want living proof.

Hope my advises work for something and if not, that you work it out yourself well enough. :)

You don't hope that, don't lie, you don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.