• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Its not euthanasia, its suicide.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
After you answer these questions we can talk about your claim of "otherwise healthy person"...
Amd after I post where I discussed the reality that well and healthy does not mean free of physiological symptoms and origins of pain.
Now, of course it really all is physiological because the brain and all it does for us isn't magically separated into a separate entity. But as we're seeing some are slow to adopt the fact that mental health and physical health are both referring to the overall health of an individual. Today we know too much that we know better than to try to separate the two as we traditionally have tried to. This mentality continues to be a detriment for mental illness.

Rational Agnostic

After you answer these questions we can talk about your claim of "otherwise healthy person"...

I haven't done any of these things of course and neither have you. I just by default oppose doctors killing their patients that would otherwise live a normal lifespan and you apparently don't. I'm curious though, how would you react if this woman were your own family member or someone you loved and cared about? Would you say the same thing? Are her friends and family encouraging this? If they are, to me it would make sense that they get charged and put in prison. There was a case where a woman convinced her depressed boyfriend to take his own life and she (justifiably) got sent to prison. People who actively encourage suicide are the absolute scum of the earth and one of the worst types of degenerate imaginable and probably one of the main reasons that suicide occurs in the first place.

Messianic Israelite

I can't find any major news reporting this, and I hope to god it isn't true, but several secondary media sources are running with this recent story involving a perfectly healthy woman who was told her depression is incurable and she will never ever get better, and will be voluntarily killing herself next month at the time this story is published.

I'm an advocate of euthanasia, but this doesn't sound right as I've never heard of any incurable mental illness aside from mental retardation or some other issue involving a person's brain where their behavior is severely compromised.

For me this is suicide and not euthanasia , but I also feel if a person wants to end their life, it's their business when all is said and done. Still , I feel this is a really bad decision and I hope , if true, this gets averted.

Good evening Twilight Hue.

In our faith the Assemblies of Yahweh we are pro-life. We do not believe in euthanasia. Although scientific opinion can deem one as incurable and a situation to be hopeless, we know in our faith that Yahweh can work miracles. He can reverse the most hopeless situations. Science is not our Mighty One, Yahweh is, and He can do all things through Yahshua.

"And in his name shall the Gentiles hope." (see Matthew 12:21 Isaiah 42:1-4)

Yahshua the Messiah is so powerful that He can cause the dead to live again, he can cause the blind to see, the dumb to speak, the deaf to hear and other things even greater than these He can do for those who come to Him in faith. I know this. Therefore I despise euthanasia because it's trusting scientific opinion rather than Yahweh's ability to save. Yahshua means Yahweh is salvation. In the end of the age, Yahweh will perform great miracles for those who come to Him in faith and come to believe on His Name.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I haven't done any of these things of course and neither have you.
So then anything you claim is nothing more than wild speculation, right?
Just like everyone else in this thread making claims about her, her doctors, her family, her friends, her medical history...
But that does not even slow you down claiming she is healthy.
Does not even slow you down making bold empty claims about other members.

I just by default oppose doctors killing their patients that would otherwise live a normal lifespan and you apparently don't.
Strawman

I'm curious though, how would you react if this woman were your own family member or someone you loved and cared about? Would you say the same thing? Are her friends and family encouraging this?
I do not know.
Seeing as all I know about the person in the OP is based upon a half page media article that has a whole whopping two sentences about her medical conditions...
So it seems to me you are merely attempting an appeal to emotion fallacy.
I mean, if all I knew was a two statement presentation of "own family member or someone you loved and cared about" medical situation...

I have no idea how her friends and family feel about her decision to commit suicide.
Neither do you.
Neither does anyone else on this forum.

If they are, to me it would make sense that they get charged and put in prison.
Except for the fact that she has already gone through all the red tape and gotten approved for the procedure through the law.
So it seems to me this nothing more than another emotion rant.

There was a case where a woman convinced her depressed boyfriend to take his own life and she (justifiably) got sent to prison. People who actively encourage suicide are the absolute scum of the earth and one of the worst types of degenerate imaginable and probably one of the main reasons that suicide occurs in the first place.
More emotional appeal that has nothing to do with the fact that the lady in the OP has already gone through all the red tape, etc. to be able to legally die.

Madsaac

I think it's fine, if she is that depressed and sees no way out, she should be allowed to make that choice. What's the point of living in a world of pain and suffering.

And what irks me, are the people saying she can't do it, how do you know what state she's in, it has nothing to do with you.

Besides its much better having dignified death rather then having her blow her brains out later.

Madsaac

It may be their business, but the devastating impact of suicide on the lives of friends and families of the deceased, should not be underestimated. It can cause more pain than murder, to those left behind.

Yeah but its not suicide, I'm sure she talked to those close about it, which allowed her to have a dignified death.

Madsaac

No, I'm not very likely to start supporting letting or encouraging severely depressed people to commit suicide. That's not even euthanasia to me. I find it morally evil and psychopathic. I believe we all have a duty to each other as members of a common society, to safeguard each other's lives. You can't take back suicide. By killing yourself, you permanently remove any chance of healing.

But you can keep throwing a tantrum. I just asked for some links. Whatever.

It's not suicide, its euthanasia...ummm it's different

Madsaac

Its your biased projection. I never mentioned anything about the article.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but it seems that you did, you opened the thread with it.

"I'm an advocate of euthanasia, but this doesn't sound right as I've never heard of any incurable mental illness aside from mental retardation or some other issue involving a person's brain where their behavior is severely compromised.

For me this is suicide and not euthanasia , but I also feel if a person wants to end their life, it's their business when all is said and done. Still , I feel this is a really bad decision and I hope , if true, this gets averted."