• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's hard to be a human being

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Who can say where poems come from? I don’t know where they come from, or when they’re likely to come – but I can only let myself be open to them and trust that they will come.

Sometimes it’s a fragment which comes, a phrase or a couple of lines, or sometimes an idea or a framework for a whole poem – and then when I sit down and start writing it’s partly a process of ‘crafting’ the raw material into a finished, structured whole, and partly a process of remaining open, to allow other material to flow through and become part of the whole.

If from anywhere, these poems come from my highest, deepest self – and it’s wonderful that they seem to have the power to reach other people’s highest, deepest selves too.

To read the poems click here -

A blog of spiritual poetry, by author Steve Taylor

Enjoy your day!