• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It all falls apart so quickly.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
So I posted about losing my job recently, but there's a lot more than that going on. It also looks like I will be losing my housing as well as my health insurance. I got an eviction notice and the 30 days are up on the 20th. After that I get a court date and have to go up against the lawyers of the property org (which is public housing). The health insurance ends on the 30th.

I had a caseworker I relied on but her and the organization (Southeast Healthcare) have both thrown me under the bus and are acting very cruelly towards me. I have no advocacy now. It's not the first time I've been mistreated by this organization. Infact, the bone injury in my left shoulder was caused by them giving me meds that made me have grand mal seizures, and I collapsed on it.

So I'm left with a back rent total of over $6,000 that I thought they were going to help me with but they just decided to stick me with it after months of games, confusion and lack of communication, knowing I can't pay it and that I've fallen into hardship. But whatever, it's all my fault.

So I don't know what to do anymore. Everything has just fallen apart so quickly and I really have no one to help me with this. I'm going to be homeless. I was about to go back to school so I can finally get my high school diploma. Instead, I'm going to be out on the streets.

It does seem like I'll get my job back, judging from the meeting I've had yesterday but there's no final opinion yet and that won't happen right away. But I can't work and be homeless, so what does that matter. I guess I can ask my union rep if he has any ideas what to do, but I don't have hope anymore.

I don't want anyone's money. It's over. Public mental health organizations were supposed to help me, but they have thrown me away. I'm done begging for help and humiliating myself. Either way, I'm not going to be some destitute street person. I'll die before that happens. I just know for a fact that dreams and goals don't come true. And you're nothing if you're not born with money and especially if you're mentally ill. I should've died in the womb like I was supposed to.

Edit:
I might not be getting kicked out. I just spoke to my housing coordinator and he said he can stop it by getting a declaration of no income from my HR manager. I just called her and she said she'll send it over. So hopefully this works. I still don't know what's going to be done about the back rent but some sort of payment arrangement will need to be worked out.

I just can't lose my housing. I am on section 8 and my building is owned by a public organization. If I get kicked out, I'll lose my housing voucher.

This has been such a mess.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
So I posted about losing my job recently, but there's a lot more than that going on. It also looks like I will be losing my housing as well as my health insurance. I got an eviction notice and the 30 days are up on the 20th. After that I get a court date and have to go up against the lawyers of the property org (which is public housing). The health insurance ends on the 30th.

I had a caseworker I relied on but her and the organization (Southeast Healthcare) have both thrown me under the bus and are acting very cruelly towards me. I have no advocacy now. It's not the first time I've been mistreated by this organization. Infact, the bone injury in my left shoulder was caused by them giving me meds that made me have grand mal seizures, and I collapsed on it.

So I'm left with a back rent total of over $6,000 that I thought they were going to help me with but they just decided to stick me with it after months of games, confusion and lack of communication, knowing I can't pay it and that I've fallen into hardship. But whatever, it's all my fault.

So I don't know what to do anymore. Everything has just fallen apart so quickly and I really have no one to help me with this. I'm going to be homeless. I was about to go back to school so I can finally get my high school diploma. Instead, I'm going to be out on the streets.

It does seem like I'll get my job back, judging from the meeting I've had yesterday but there's no final opinion yet and that won't happen right away. But I can't work and be homeless, so what does that matter. I guess I can ask my union rep if he has any ideas what to do, but I don't have hope anymore.

I don't want anyone's money. It's over. Public mental health organizations were supposed to help me, but they have thrown me away. I'm done begging for help and humiliating myself. Either way, I'm not going to be some destitute street person. I'll die before that happens. I just know for a fact that dreams and goals don't come true. And you're nothing if you're not born with money and especially if you're mentally ill. I should've died in the womb like I was supposed to.
I have no words of comfort to offer, because I know none will suffice.

I'm really, really sorry, though.

If you ever need an ear, I'm here.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Sending love, wish I had more to send.
Thanks, that's enough for now. I think I'll be okay since I'm donating plasma and getting $100 for it for the first 5 times. I'll go again tomorrow and Sunday or Monday again next week. I just need to get to next week at least because I'm expecting some back vacation pay from last year.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Get your HS diploma. Reach out to that local community College. Best wishes!!

I second this. A little less than a year after dropping out of high school, I earned a GED through the local school district. I wasn’t really marketable though. Just before I turned 30, I got into college and began a bachelor’s program. After graduating, I worked as a substitute teacher for a few months. Now, I am a full-time teacher in another country. Formal education really is a key to bettering one’s life as it helps open many doors that would otherwise be shut and locked.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Thanks, that's enough for now. I think I'll be okay since I'm donating plasma and getting $100 for it for the first 5 times. I'll go again tomorrow and Sunday or Monday again next week. I just need to get to next week at least because I'm expecting some back vacation pay from last year.
I was expecting the back vacation pay yesterday. That didn't happen so all my plans, and I had a lot of plans with that money, went to total ****. I don't believe I'll ever get it at this point. It shouldn't take this long. I ran out of food for both my pets and I (the dog still has a little kibble left). I haven't eaten in close to 2 days. The pantries are on waiting lists. Unemployment is taking forever, the site barely works and I don't really understand it. I have a few dollars but that's for bus fare to the plasma place so hopefully I can donate again. But the last two times, they ****ed up my arms because they're idiots who don't know what they're doing, and they'll reject you if your arms are bruised (even when it's their fault).

Yeah, sure, just get another job, right. But I have a record now so it's not that easy. I also have physical limitations because of past injuries and nerve damage. I can't do a lot of physical work because the pain will make me break down in tears.

I'm extremely depressed, thinking of offing myself and very isolated. I haven't seen or spoken to another person in days. No one calls me or comes over, or invites me anywhere. I haven't spent time with anyone since last summer. I feel like I don't exist or am a part of society, so I might as well be dead. My phone is supposed to be shut off tomorrow and I lose my health insurance next week. I cannot handle all of this myself.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What they did to my arm last time at the plasma center. I didn't even get to donate.

20240425_142721.jpg