• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel's stunning victory over Iran

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You claim it was mostly Israel, Biden claims America shot most of them down (BBC).
You can make your own assessment of course. But for me, if there is a contradiction between USAToday's investigation and what Biden, who doesn't have his full faculties, says, I'll go with USAToday.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You can make your own assessment of course. But for me, if there is a contradiction between USAToday's investigation and what Biden, who doesn't have his full faculties, says, I'll go with USAToday.
I would expect you to given you called defending against an attack they knew was coming and had time to prepare for a "stupendous victory."
I don't care either way. Raisi wants war more than the Iranians, Hamas wants it more than the Palestinians and Netanyahu wants it as well.
At what point will they say enough is enough, the past is the past, it's time to move on?
I can promise if the Natives here had a similar goal of reclaiming their ancestral land it wouldn't be well recieved.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
ROFL. This is just detached from reality. There were no Israeli deaths, only one injury (tragically), and almost no damage to property. Some lesson.

Further, Israel was supported in its defense by many of the Muslim gulf states, especially Jordan, showing that it is not a Muslim knee jerk response to simply support Iran and oppose Israel. You may want to rethink your interpretation of events.
The Iranian attack was retaliation for an apparently unprovoked attack a few days earlier by the IDF against Iran.

The IDF struck the Iranian embassy in Syria with missiles, killing 16 people, including two generals.

In retaliation, Iran launched a missile attack and - from what I'm reading - took out the base from which the strike against its embassy was launched.

All in all, the Iranian attack seems pretty limited and restrained. It would have been easy for this attack on what's tantamount to Iranian soil to be the trigger for an all-out war. I hope that doesn't happen, but it seems like it's what Israel may push for.

IndigoChild5559

The Iranian attack was retaliation for an apparently unprovoked attack a few days earlier by the IDF against Iran.
The truth is that Iran and Israel have been at war for some time, including bombings via proxy, attacks against ships, attacks against enemy installations in other countries, etc. This is simply an escalation of that. Iran's drone/missile attack last weekend was the first time either of them had, without proxy, bombed the interior of the other state.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The truth is that Iran and Israel have been at war for some time, including bombings via proxy, attacks against ships, attacks against enemy installations in other countries, etc. This is simply an escalation of that. Iran's drone/missile attack last weekend was the first time either of them had, without proxy, bombed the interior of the other state.
The IDF blowing up Iran's embassy was hardly "via proxy."

And responding to an attack on one of your embassies with a missile strike on the parties responsible is just taking a page out of the American playbook.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So you agree that Iran's attack was not unprovoked?

IndigoChild5559

The IDF blowing up Iran's embassy was hardly "via proxy."
Via proxy was not the only thing on my list. I also mentioned attacking ships and installations in other lands. Please pay attention. An attack on an embassy in Syria is not at the same level as bombing the interior of Israel. Iran's attack was an escalation.