• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israeli missiles kill Gaza bystanders !!!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matt88 said:
The Palestinians ARE a bunch of murdering terrorists, or maybe they just like having murdering terrorists as their leaders.

I see now where you are coming from.

c0da

Hamas (the elected government) wanted peace but Israel said Hamas is a terrorist group and we won't negotiate with them.

Hamas is a terrorist group. We judge them on their actions, and their past actions have been nothing but aggresive and hostile so I think now that they have some power, we have a right to be a bit skeptical when they say they are looking for peace, with their track record..

jewscout

Religious Zionist
The Truth said:
Hamas (the elected government) wanted peace but Israel said Hamas is a terrorist group and we won't negotiate with them.
what?! hamas' charter makes it very clear their intentions of war to wipe out israel. Have you been living under a rock?!?! The olive branch of peace their foreign minister offered Israel was for all Israelis to become Jewish citizens of a theocratic Palestine.

You think they don't? only israel's propaganda media show them as terrorists who have no mercy who wants to wipe out jewish from the world.

well that and Hamas's Charter which quotes their own scripture in justifying their beliefs of war w/ the Jews.

niceguy

I am sorry that I have to say this but I blame Israel for this whole mess. If they had trated the Palestinans fairly over the years we would today not even have an Hamas and the PLO, if they even had been created would just be a political party. But Israel have been ruled by hardliners and thus they have driven the palestineans to become what they are today. A people suffering from opression of an occupant. This has breed hatread, this have breed resistance. If peaceful resitance are ignored and ineffective then, at least some people will start to use violence, and thus we have this endless cykle of two people hating each others. I know that the world can be better and hopefully, in time, it will be.

c0da

I am sorry that I have to say this but I blame Israel for this whole mess.

Me too, how dare the Jews buy land to live in, in an attempt to escape the way they were treated by some Europeans.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
c0da2006 said:
Me too, how dare the Jews buy land to live in, in an attempt to escape the way they were treated by some Europeans.

I agree!! They were sold some useless scrubland, worked their fingers to the bone to make it lush, and now the original owners want it back.

Of course they do! So would I!!!:D

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
With all the sh*t flinging, finger-pointing, and other various forms and displays of ego from both sides... I must say I am completely shocked and dumbfounded there is no peace in Israel and Palestine.

Just shocked!

(PS- Just because the "other side" does horrible things doesn't justify or even just lessen your side's horrible things.)

Super Universe

Defender of God
Some day there will be peace in Isreal. I am sure of it. But that day is not today nor is it tomorrow.

Maybe when we finally realize that there is only one race, the human race, and not twenty or so different ones.

greatcalgarian

Here we go again, sad sad:

Israel missile kills two in Gaza

_41795694_women203afp.jpg
At least 11 Palestinian civilians have died in recent Israeli attacks

Two Palestinians, a woman and a man, have been killed in the Gaza Strip in a blast blamed on an Israeli air strike. Sources quoted by Reuters news agency said seven others, including a number children, were wounded in the blast which hit a house in Khan Younis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5103464.stm

But I always enjoy BBC way of putting things, we good, they bad way, see if you can spot them:

Israel has killed at least 11 Palestinian civilians in air strikes in recent days, many of them children. The attacks are to stop militants firing homemade rockets (We always respond to their attack, we never strike first, so all our attacks are fully justified, not like them, simply launch rockets at us at our innocent population, though we have recorded very few death so far, this is because God is blessing us, or our God is more powerful than their God)at Israeli towns near Gaza, Israel says.
There have been some injuries and damage to property during these attacks - mainly in the Israeli town of Sderot - but no deaths.
Reports quoting eyewitnesses said an Israeli missile just missed a car carrying militants (see, the good Israel is aiming for militants, they never meant to harm the innocent) and hit a residential property (I swear, it is an accident, you know, we can make mistake as well). The militants fled into a nearby field, unharmed.

Earlier, thousands of Palestinians attended funerals for three children killed by an Israeli missile strike on a car on Tuesday. As the funerals went ahead, militants fired three more rockets, (no respect for the dead, firing rockets during funeral, GC)bringing the total to more than 140 this month, an Israeli military source said
Now BBC have some good balance reporting as well:
The BBC's Alan Johnston in Gaza says the Israeli air force often carries out its air strikes against militants in very crowded areas and innocent bystanders can be hurt or killed.
The Israeli army said the car in Tuesday's attack had been a legitimate target, but it regretted any civilian casualties caused by its actions.

Now even the British also cannot stand it anymore:
"We call on the Israeli authorities to respect their obligations under international law and ensure that civilians, particularly children, are not harmed," said UK Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett in a statement.

And this is how Israel respond is, Who Cares about the stupid British:
Speaking at a meeting in Jerusalem on Tuesday Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert promised to take "very hard measures, more hard and more painful than those taken in the past" against Palestinians who attacked Israel.

And this can go on and on....., and poor Palestinians died and died, and the world just could not care less. Very sad.

greatcalgarian

And now we are going to see more blood shed. Sad Sad Sad World.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5119402.stm

Mr Olmert also threatened military action to free the soldier seized in clashes on the Gaza border on Sunday.

Whatever you view may be, as expressed in the BBC readers' view, this is going to be suffering for every one.
http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=2301&&&edition=2&ttl=20060627021758

Let's give the Palestinians some credit. They attacked a military, not civilian target. And their raid, surprisingly, was successful. The 19 year old that was kidnapped is a soldier. He wears an army uniform. He was captured fair and square.

greatcalgarian said:
Let's give the Palestinians some credit. They attacked a military, not civilian target. And their raid, surprisingly, was successful. The 19 year old that was kidnapped is a soldier. He wears an army uniform. He was captured fair and square.
***BBC link removed as I can't post URLs***

That may be true but have you seen a picture of the 'soldier'? I hope the Palestinians throw this one back, there is nothing to be served by keeping him. If it was me I'd strip him apart from his rather demure spectacles and drop him within running distance of an IDF checkpoint. The Palestinians need a bit of humour in their life.

A

angellous_evangellous

greatcalgarian said:
and poor Palestinians died and died, and the world just could not care less.

"As the funerals went ahead, militants fired three more rockets, bringing the total to more than 140 this month, an Israeli military source said."

May God have mercy on us all!

Melody

The Truth said:
Hamas was elected legally by the Palestinians so they respresent them. :)

And it doesn't make them any less terrorists. It does, however, call into question the Palestinians claims that they (the palestinian people) aren't terrorists since they did put such an organization into power legally.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
It does, however, call into question the Palestinians claims that they (the palestinian people) aren't terrorists since they did put such an organization into power legally.

Hamas actually worked for the people- improving their lives, putting up things like signs and streetlights, etcetc. If they didn't have a habit of blowing up our fellow Jews I'd support them.

kevmicsmi

jamaesi said:
Hamas actually worked for the people- improving their lives, putting up things like signs and streetlights, etcetc. If they didn't have a habit of blowing up our fellow Jews I'd support them.
That unfortunately, is a big if though.

jamaesi said:

If only the 'other side' was so reticent with their support.