• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn't it true that the more a group tries to censor it's members, the more suspect it is?

Neb

That would be idolatry, because the bible is a book. God is God.
How do you know "God is God"? From the Bible, right?

Please do an experiment to show we came from a dirt puppet. Thanks.
But I'm not God

Was Job a Creationist? Didn't God mock him for his "knowledge"? I mean, even when God is telling you you're wrong ....
Job?
Nope. God can always save/teach/redirect. Nothing FORCES God to send people to hell for sin. Our afterlives, if any, are His whim and nothing more.
What religion is this?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How do you know "God is God"? From the Bible, right?

You should be asking yourself why you believe that God is the God of the Bible. With all of the flaws in the Bible that appears to be rather blasphemous to me.

But I'm not God

No doubt.

Perhaps you should read your Bible. He is a character in it. Satan makes his first appearance in the Bible in that book. He seems be on rather good terms with God, walking around and everything, no crawling on his belly at all. You should read it some time:

The Book of Job

What religion is this?

I don't know, but apparently one that is more consistent than yours. You seem to be willing to put quite a few limitations on your version of God.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
If your system of belief cannot stand up to scrutiny and if you strongly discourage your members from investigating all avenues there is something wrong. Cults come to mind. Christianity comes to mind.
Yes, I agree. This is what is needed to keep members indoctrinated; the fear of being ostracized or ending up in hell. Notice also, they have to go to Church often to be indoctrinated via the sermon.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Atheist forums and ex Christian forums however value all knowledge.
I personally don't find atheists accepting of views about spirituality. They seem to assume that nothing can exist outside of the domain of provable science via the scientific method. As soon as you mention anything about the nature of subjective consciousness being non-material (for example) they become very dogmatic, just like religious people do when you challenge their assumptions.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I personally don't find atheists accepting of views about spirituality. They seem to assume that nothing can exist outside of the domain of provable science via the scientific method. As soon as you mention anything about the nature of subjective consciousness being non-material (for example) they become very dogmatic, just like religious people do when you challenge their assumptions.
How is asking for reliable evidence "dogmatic"?