• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic- Where is Your Khalifat?

Ukno

Hey,

Just wondering for all the other muslims out there, where is your khalifa? I know that all the muslim sects, except for one, have been leaderless, that is, without a divinely selected being, for about an average of 10 centuries. I don't wish this post to harm anyones beliefs, im just asking if anyone else is as disturbed about this as i am. A persian couplet i once heard justifies what i am feeling about this apparent lack of Godly intervention for muslims. It loosely went something like:

"O God, why have you forsaken the Muslim Ummah to be leaderless,
When even ants on the ground have their queen?"

You have to admit that the Golden age of Islam was during the time of the Holy Prophet (saw) and his 4 khalifat, the Khilafat-e-Rashideen, was when islam was abounding in the world. Since then, look at the state the muslims are in now. Fighting with each other (Palestinians, israelites), radicalism distorting the true face of a peaceful Islam, and Mullahs calling down fatwas left and right.
Just a couple of months ago, a women lead the friday prayers in a mosque, with a mixed congregation behind her. This was wrong in the utmost, but i was even more shocked when the next day many muslim mullahs issued fatwas of DEATH against this women. What she did was wrong, but did not warrant a fatwa of death. The Holy Prophet himself did not issue fatwas of death for even blasphemy, which his the most repulsive sin in the eyes of God. If the Holy Prophet did not issue fatwas of death, with what authority are these mullahs acting on?
I tell you, looking at the muslims now in contrast to the days of the prophet, when his followers endured cruelties and torture for more then a decade in Meccah, only because the Holy Prophet told them to be patient, and only defended themselves, forget defended, only LEFT meccah because of divine guidance, makes me lower my head in shame.
You can see the state of muslims now. they have the world's oil at their feet, and yet, they gain no respect. This is all because there is no divinely appointed khalifa to help them, and i am astounded how noone else can see this problem.

Any other views on this topic?