• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam : The LARGEST 'practiced' faith of the world?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yes, Baha'u'llah claimed to be the promised one, and He has a revelation from God:

"VERILY I say, this is the Day in which mankind can behold the Face, and hear the Voice, of the Promised One. The Call of God hath been raised, and the light of His countenance hath been lifted up upon men. It behoveth every man to blot out the trace of every idle word from the tablet of his heart, and to gaze, with an open and unbiased mind, on the signs of His Revelation, the proofs of His Mission, and the tokens of His glory. " - Proclamation of Baha'u'llah

"This is a Tablet from this Servant, who is called [FONT=Times Ext Roman,Times Ext Roman]Ḥ[/FONT]usayn in the kingdom of names, to the concourse of the kings of the earth. Haply they may approach it in a spirit of open-mindedness, discover from its message the mysteries of divine providence, and be of those that comprehend its meaning, and perchance they may forsake all they possess, turn towards the retreats of holiness, and draw nigh unto God, the All-Glorious, the Incomparable.

O kings of the earth! Give ear unto the Voice of God, calling from this sublime, this fruit-laden Tree, that hath sprung out of the Crimson Hill, upon the holy Plain, intoning the words: “There is none other God but He, the Mighty, the All-Powerful, the All-Wise.” This is a Spot which hath been sanctified by God for those who approach it, a Spot wherein His Voice may be heard from the celestial Tree of Holiness. Fear God, O concourse of kings, and suffer not yourselves to be deprived of this most sublime grace. Fling away, then, the things ye possess, and take fast hold on the Handle of God, the Exalted, the Great. Set your hearts towards the Face of God, and abandon that which your desires have bidden you to follow, and be not of those who perish. " Suriy-i-Muluk, Baha'u'llah

"Thus have the verses of God been revealed, and thus hath it been decreed by the Lord of all names and attributes. Thy Lord, verily, is the True One, the Knower of things unseen. Nothing whatsoever shall prevent these tongues from magnifying their Creator. "
- Súrih of the Temple, Baha'u'llah

"Say: Alas for you! How can ye profess yourselves believers, when ye deny the verses of God, the Almighty, the All-Wise? Say: O people! Turn your faces unto your Lord, the All-Merciful. Beware lest ye be veiled by aught that hath been revealed in the Bayán: It was, in truth, revealed for no other purpose than to make mention of Me, the All-Powerful, the Most High, and had no other object than My Beauty. The whole world hath been filled with My testimony, if ye be of them that judge with fairness. "

"Say: O concourse of Christians! We have, on a previous occasion, revealed Ourself unto you, and ye recognized Me not. This is yet another occasion vouchsafed unto you. This is the Day of God; turn ye unto Him. He, verily, hath come down from heaven even as He came down the first time, and He desireth to shelter you beneath the shade of His mercy. He, verily, is the Exalted, the Mighty, the Supreme Helper. The Beloved One loveth not that ye be consumed with the fire of your desires. Were ye to be shut out as by a veil from Him, this would be for no other reason than your own waywardness and ignorance. Ye make mention of Me, and know Me not. Ye call upon Me, and are heedless of My Revelation, notwithstanding that I came unto you from the heaven of pre-existence with surpassing glory. Rend the veils asunder in My name and through the power of My sovereignty that ye may discover a path unto your Lord. "

i don't know what is the relation between islam as the largest practiced faith of the world and Bahai which is uncomparable to this fact.

Do you want to say bahai is the largest practiced faith in the world ?
if not,then what is your arguement for this thread.

[youtube]XfnagknpFBs[/youtube]
FOX TV News - Islam World Most Growing Religion 2010 - YouTube

[youtube]4Fp5Gu5N51M[/youtube]
many Americans converting to Islam.flv - YouTube

[youtube]XGDqTsqxsEs[/youtube]
Russia - Loving the Peace of Islam - YouTube

[youtube]g73R8LRdtsU[/youtube]
Converts to Islam from all over the world - Part 1 - YouTube

[youtube]anwn54d9fGc[/youtube]
Family Member of 9/11 Victims Converts to Islam - YouTube

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Islam is not for a particular country or a particular region or a culture; it is universal; Quranic teachings are as for the West as for the East .

My religion says:

[24:36] Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a lustrous niche, wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a glittering star. It is lit from a blessed tree — an olive — neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would well-nigh glow forth even though fire touched it not. Light upon light! Allah guides to His light whomsoever He will. And Allah sets forth parables to men, and Allah knows all things full well.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

Numbers are not that important; the importance is that Islam’s peaceful teachings are correctly understood so that every person who joins it gets his ethical, moral and spiritual faculties developed to their full fruition without harming or damaging the right of others around.

It is sad but it is truthful that some extremist groups have tarnished Islam’s image for their own political ends; these ignorant groups are not be followed and through education their influence reduced and finished.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I think peaceful Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. It has a bright future in the West and the East as it appeals to the human faculty of reason the most.
And of course it is most practised as it is easy to practice; very simple and easy teachings, in my opinion.