• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam and other religions

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
Greetings, everyone! Let me begin by saying, may the blessings of God be upon you all. After reading Surah 2 verse 62 of the Qur'an which says this:

"Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve."

I began to wonder about the position of Islam concerning other faiths. So, I've decided to ask you about that. What is the position of Muslims towards other religions?

faroukfarouk

Greetings, everyone! Let me begin by saying, may the blessings of God be upon you all. After reading Surah 2 verse 62 of the Qur'an which says this:

"Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve."

I began to wonder about the position of Islam concerning other faiths. So, I've decided to ask you about that. What is the position of Muslims towards other religions?

Peace upon you my brother.
Before answering your question may i suggest you put the verse in proper context.
Peace
faroukfarouk

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Peace be on you.

Islam is pinnacle of evolution of religions, all previous true religions [in original form] are acknowledged by Islam as they were smaller versions of same Truth.

Those pious people of Book, to whom message of Islam is not well reached [for any reason] and they practice the true part of their religion, they are blessed. This blessing may lead them to Islam one day.

Islam is fully evolved version of religious evolution:

[5:4] ".........This day have those who disbelieve despaired of harming your religion. So fear them not, but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as religion......"

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
Peace be on you.

Islam is pinnacle of evolution of religions, all previous true religions [in original form] are acknowledged by Islam as they were smaller versions of same Truth.

Those pious people of Book, to whom message of Islam is not well reached [for any reason] and they practice the true part of their religion, they are blessed. This blessing may lead them to Islam one day.

Islam is fully evolved version of religious evolution:

[5:4] ".........This day have those who disbelieve despaired of harming your religion. So fear them not, but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as religion......"

Dawud, you have shown me that Islam is truly a beautiful religion. I thank you.