• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam and Christianity

Anastasios

I love it when Muslims think they know more about the Christian Bible than Christians do.... does the same work for your "noble" Koran? Can I just pick it up and interpret it any way I choose as long as it fits my theology?

No?

Didn't think so.
of course yes, you can certainly try, as it maybe a beginning point for you to see more ... we would be happy to see your courage of thinking about it. Please go ahead, enlarge your circle ;)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why should a Christian care about revelation from a man born 500 years after the death of Christ (or should we not care)???

I hope that you saw what i wrote in your pervious thread.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=899240#post899240

This will give you some information to begin with.

I guess I don't understand how any Muslim could believe they know more about Christ than first or even second century Christians?

Any insight?

Who knows better about Christ, the early Christians or God himself?

I love it when Muslims think they know more about the Christian Bible than Christians do.... does the same work for your "noble" Koran? Can I just pick it up and interpret it any way I choose as long as it fits my theology?

No?

Didn't think so.

You will be surprised for this, but i found many people in RF know alot about the Quran more than i do, even they are not Muslims. Just because they are not muslims so that doesn't mean by anyway that they can't understand my scriptures. They told me about things which i didn't notice when i was on my own or when i was only with my fellow muslims. You should start listening to those who are outside of your faith, you might discover alot of interesting things about your holy book which you didn't notice before, because you accepted them through the standard interpretations given by your teachers. :)

Scott1

Who knows better about Christ, the early Christians or God himself?
Certainly I'd have to say God....

.... but if you changed my choice to early Christians or a man who lived 500+ years later..... I'd go with early Christains.;)
You should start listening to those who are outside of your faith, you might discover alot of interesting things about your holy book which you didn't notice before, because you accepted them through the standard interpretations given by your teachers. :)
Not that I doubt your sincerity Truth.... just my experience is different.... if you remember my older threads, I have read and studied the Koran pretty extensively.... when I was posting last year I was actually in the practice of reading it every day for inspiration.... but every time I quoted something from the text to a Muslim, I was told I WAS WRONG... I had to interpret it CORRECTLY.... that I had to refer to the Hadith or other Muslim teachers who explained it correctly.... so please let's not go down this road.

To me, Muslims have the same problem non-Catholic Christians have: you base your faith on a book that needs to be interpreted and there is no central authority to decide what is AUTHENTIC teaching and what is not.

May our Merciful God bless you,
Scott

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Certainly I'd have to say God....

Of course i expected you to pick God. You have to know that it doesn't matter what people say about the scriptures, because Prophet Mohammed didn't comment on it but his main message was just to be as what God wanted him to be, another promised prophet. Prophet Mohammed pointed out for the Jews and Christians that he is the one, and he answered all their questions but only few of them believed in him because they chose this earthly life instead of the hereafter. Prophet Mohammed was sent to be part of the message of God to human beings since Adam to the last one, Prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him", and it doesn't matter whether the pervious scriptures were accurate or not, its all about believing in God and in those whom he send to us.

Not that I doubt your sincerity Truth.... just my experience is different.... if you remember my older threads, I have read and studied the Koran pretty extensively.... when I was posting last year I was actually in the practice of reading it every day for inspiration.... but every time I quoted something from the text to a Muslim, I was told I WAS WRONG... I had to interpret it CORRECTLY.... that I had to refer to the Hadith or other Muslim teachers who explained it correctly.... so please let's not go down this road.

To me, Muslims have the same problem non-Catholic Christians have: you base your faith on a book that needs to be interpreted and there is no central authority to decide what is AUTHENTIC teaching and what is not.

May our Merciful God bless you,
Scott

As a start, we have to admit that we are not perfect, and each one of us try his/her best to serve and obey his creator, and sometimes, people tend to pick some incidents and label the whole religion as such and such. Let's not forget that we are all learning, and i for instance, changed alot since the first time i joined the forum.

When you say central authority, of course its obvious that you mean a Pope or something similar to that, but thank God, we don't have such a thing in Islam and i don't have to tell you what a central authority might do to harm the entire belief as what the Pope did last time with his comments against Islam. I hope you weren't happy with your central authority back then.

No one can represent God on earth through an election done by mere human beings. We all represent God on this earth and do our best and the way is open for all. We can reason and discuss anything and we don't have to accept everything, but at least, we have to try to understand each other.

Regarding the issue of posting verses and someone telling you that you are wrong, i really don't remember that and i don't know what was that about. I would be thankful if you could refresh my memory.

I pray that my words will get through your heart and soul before your eyes.

Peace and blessing,
TT :)

Jeremiah

I think faith is good a thing and following the divine is good, but flexibly is needed and the more rigid the structure the more destructive the errors are. It's a double edge sword that has failed many times in the past.

Scott1

Of course i expected you to pick God.
You seem to have skipped my second option.....
Prophet Mohammed pointed out for the Jews and Christians that he is the one, and he answered all their questions but only few of them believed in him because they chose this earthly life instead of the hereafter.
As always, I pray your faith in this brings you peace.... but .... many Muslims on this forum seem to forget that we don't (as Christians) see the "need" for Islam or the Koran... the Good News of our Risen Lord and Savior is what humanity needs... Islam is a theological "step backward"... why choose to become a slave to Allah when we are already adopted children of our Father?

Just does not seem like a "smart" move if you know what I mean....
When you say central authority, of course its obvious that you mean a Pope or something similar to that, but thank God, we don't have such a thing in Islam and i don't have to tell you what a central authority might do to harm the entire belief as what the Pope did last time with his comments against Islam. I hope you weren't happy with your central authority back then.
I don't know why you would thank God for a faith that is full of such confusion... so many different interpretations of what your book says.... so many voices claiming to know the will of God.... this is a good thing?

As far as my happiness "back then"... yes, I was and continue to be "happy"... you, like 99.9% of Muslims did not actually take the time to read the comments of the Holy Father in context, but chose to condemn a man without proper cause.... it seems to happen a lot with people who share your faith... again, a symptom of a group without a united voice.
No one can represent God on earth through an election done by mere human beings.
Amen.... thank God that the Holy Spirit guides our Church the same today as 2,000 years ago.
We all represent God on this earth and do our best and the way is open for all. We can reason and discuss anything and we don't have to accept everything, but at least, we have to try to understand each other.
Amen my friend.... thanks for taking the time to help explain your faith.

Peace be with you,
S