• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isaiah 53: The Arm of the Lord.

John D. Brey

Well, thats where the 'contention' lies, as to WHO is speaking at beginning of chapter 53...most traditional Jewish interpreters see that as the Gentile kings and people speaking....after they witness the trials of the Jewish people and the Lord raising them up, etc. The traditional interpretation seems fine to me. A superimposed or presumed 'Christian' interpretation is just an assumption that this is about Jesus specifically, they reading him INTO the text :) - it would take a fair analysis of both 'exegesis' and 'eisegesis here, and even still...from an agnostic or even 'gnostic' viewpoint, since the literal reading is maybe not so important, neither absolute.......BOTH viewpoints are based in a 'belief' and HOPE that 'God' will raise up Isreael again SOMEDAY, so they just have the 'belief', thats it,....while christians have a double whammy 'belief' that Jesus came already and accomplished some kind of 'blood atonement transaction', and is yet to come AGAIN to reign down terror and wrath of 'God' but somehow be a 'Savior' ONLY to those who have faith in him,......looks like the 'christians' have a more complex and fantastical faith-complex :)

We'll look a bit further into this....and still, "the pure in heart will see God", thats key :heartpulse:

~*~*~

What's the foundation of your theological worldview? Do you come from a Christian, Jewish, or atheists/agnostic background? Or some other background?

John

freelight

Soul Pioneer
Premium Member
What's the foundation of your theological worldview? Do you come from a Christian, Jewish, or atheists/agnostic background? Or some other background?

John

'God' knows :)

I view the world as an 'eclectic theosophist' these days,.......a meta-theist,...I dont necessarily place a template before me, so I guess my world-view is pretty universalist at heart, while I'll study where I'm attracted and flow where I resonate. Truth is universal to me, just points of view vary. I AM no-where and every-where. Hell, I dont even know what I am, but that I AM :)

I enjoy researching all kinds of religious writings and 'scripts', its fun. - its all symbology....just information.

~*~*~*