• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isaiah 53 and Human Sin

101G

we the sons of God are already been made kings and priests. supportive scripture, Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood," Revelation 1:6 "And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

hath is a past tense term indicative of the time it was spoken. we now are in his KINGDOM, which came on the day of Pentecost.

101G.

101G

He is decreed to be away from the Living Land and is given a grave with the wicked, but he doesn't die. You can't hide behind general "themes" by ignoring the actual words.
did he not rise from the GRAVE? and now LIVE, that's the THEME. now 101G might not go with the word for word translation, but since U want to take the Theme Road, then our brother Pure has a point.

101G.

101G

Another evidence of the Christ in Isaiah 53,

Isaiah 53:12 "Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

intercession? this intercession is in PRAYER, the Spirit of supplications or earnest prayer. supportive scripture, Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

there it is "the Spirit of "supplications", which is a another name for the Spirit of intercession. and this Spirit of supplications/intercession is fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost, then the "Comforter", the Lord Jesus Came in POWER. supportive scripture, Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession/(supplications). for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

Isaiah chapter 53 is void of the NONESENSE that this is Israel as a whole. that Notion is DESTROYED, or ...... cut off.... (smile).
1682429139787.jpeg

101G.

rosends

did he not rise from the GRAVE? and now LIVE, that's the THEME. now 101G might not go with the word for word translation, but since U want to take the Theme Road, then our brother Pure has a point.

101G.
Again you miss the point. You admit that your interpretation is not in acoordance with the words and then imoutr "theme" on to me when I wasn't the one who espoused relying on some nebulous theme. You aren't good at this at all.

101G

Again you miss the point. You admit that your interpretation is not in acoordance with the words and then imoutr "theme" on to me when I wasn't the one who espoused relying on some nebulous theme. You aren't good at this at all.
READ Don, READ, and see what 101G said, LOL, LOL, LOL, ... 101G can careless for you crocodiles tears. you floated the Idea, and your boat sunk... LOL, LOL, LOL

now listen up , this is the captain speaking, ALL HANDS ON DECK. Now, ........ a foot note: Romans 8:34 "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us."

who is at God own Right Hand? that's right, The Lord JESUS/YESHUA, per Psalms 110:1, who is IDENTIFIED in Isaiah chapter 53..... :cool: the Lord Jesus the Christ is all over the Tankah........ (smile). other words the Tankah is about the Lord Jesus, God in flesh. .........

101G.

rosends

READ Don, READ, and see what 101G said, LOL, LOL, LOL, ... 101G can careless for you crocodiles tears. you floated the Idea, and your boat sunk... LOL, LOL, LOL

now listen up , this is the captain speaking, ALL HANDS ON DECK. Now, ........ a foot note: Romans 8:34 "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us."

who is at God own Right Hand? that's right, The Lord JESUS/YESHUA, per Psalms 110:1, who is IDENTIFIED in Isaiah chapter 53..... :cool: the Lord Jesus the Christ is all over the Tankah........ (smile). other words the Tankah is about the Lord Jesus, God in flesh. .........

101G.
Your confidence, even in your own foolishness, is inspiring. Your inability to read and write, less so. Your insistence on hiding behind inauthentic texts and erroneous conclusions is downright pathetic.

Good luck to you and I hope that someday, you get out of your own way and actually learn things.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
This is disengenuous.

Why? Please? I gave you the word for word translation of the law of sacrifices in Leviticus. Jewish people learn this every year. So when a Jewish person reads Isaiah 53, it cannot be a literal sacrifice. Otherwise Isaiah is preaching against the law.

Christians believe that Jesus is this Messiah, that he lived a perfect life and was the 'Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." We hold that the crushing, the sweat, the blood, the piercing was the process of his final sacrifice.

Maybe that's true. But that is not a sacrifice sanctified for a Jewish person's sins. We have our own laws, our own ways ( plural ), given to us by God in writing.

101G

Your confidence, even in your own foolishness, is inspiring. Your inability to read and write, less so. Your insistence on hiding behind inauthentic texts and erroneous conclusions is downright pathetic.

Good luck to you and I hope that someday, you get out of your own way and actually learn things.
no luck needed. but U need the "hokie pokie" put your right foot in and take your right foot out, (of your Mouth) and TURN yourself around..... the KEYWORDS is "TURN", as in REPENT, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. and to finish the song.... that's what it's all about..... hokie pokie. LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear, Oh My. "do the hokie pokie" ..... REPENT.

good day/

101G.

PruePhillip

Why? Please? I gave you the word for word translation of the law of sacrifices in Leviticus. Jewish people learn this every year. So when a Jewish person reads Isaiah 53, it cannot be a literal sacrifice. Otherwise Isaiah is preaching against the law.

Maybe that's true. But that is not a sacrifice sanctified for a Jewish person's sins. We have our own laws, our own ways ( plural ), given to us by God in writing.

The latter portion of your reply is true - there's the sacrifice given by God to the Jews.
Now, why aren't the Jews performing this sacrifice now?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
It's interesting that Zechariah tells us the Jews will see the one whom they pierced, and understand this. This figured died an excruciating painful death as Isaiah and David mention. And of course, Daniel's account of the Messiah being 'cut off' by the enemy who destroys Israel also points to this - Daniel's Messiah is one who dies 'not for himself'

But, that doesn't change that you are quoting an adaptation of Isaiah. That doesn't work when fulfilling a prophecy.

I already stated my opinion of Zecharia. It doesn't make sense unless it is taken out of context and cropped and the pronouns are ignored.

For Daniel, I agree, it's interesting. Although it does ignore the other prophecies about peace on earth, the lion and the lamb, swords becoming plowshares, etc...

The question I ask myself when reading it is: The Messiah in Daniel doesn't save anyone? There is no salvation?

101G

The question I ask myself when reading it is: The Messiah in Daniel doesn't save anyone? There is no salvation?
Salvation from sin, (a spiritual deliverance). which is the ROOT cause of Physical bondage

101G

101G

that is, indeed, your opinion.
no, God desire, John 4:20 "Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship." John 4:21 "Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father." John 4:22 "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

BINGO

101G