• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isaiah 53 and Human Sin

101G

Oh. Paul's opinion simply doesn't match what's written about the covenant God made with the Jewish people.
LOL, LOL, LOL, the covenant is not with NATURAL JEWS... (smile), lol..... Oh dear....

101G.

101G

The law will not need to be taught. Essentially, the original covenant will be easier for the Jewish people. It will be a blessing.
LOL, LOL, LOL, I'm rolling now, ..... YOU NEVER KEPT THE LAW. hence the reason for the CHANGE.... do you know hat a "BINDING" Covenant is?
Oh dear... lol oh ny, my, my. I just cannot believe this.

101G.

101G

Sorry, Romans is a person's opinion. If it was written by the same person as Hebrews, then there is no reason for me to believe it.

I'll tell you what. I'll go read Romans chapter 2 and chapter 9, and see if there is anything real in it.
don't be sorry, see your OT is nothing, obsolete, nothing but to be...... Romans 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."
LOL, LOL, LOL, that's all what it is GOOD FOR. not to abide by... lo;l, lol;, lo;l. :cool: YIKES!

NEXT.

now, who raise the woman son from the dead.

101G.

101G

now while my friend is getting the woman son as to who raised him. people understand. if a covenant/contract is not "BINDING" it can be broken by either party. for it is the responsibility of of both agreeing parties to uphold their end of the contract/covenant.

well God upheld his end of the agreement/Covenant, but US? ......... no we did not.

101G.

101G

since we could not uphold our end of the contract, God made a way for us to uphold our END, and here he come in perparing to do just that, our Topic, .

Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him."
"he" and "him" are not two separate persons. no only "ONE" person in the ECHAD of oneself. Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

the "he" and the "his" is the "ME" of Isaiah 63:5. the ECHAD of God in plain sight.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
listen, please LISTEN, there is no more "NATURAL" Jewish people of God...... natural according to the Flesh. Romans 9:6 "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Romans 9:7 "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called." Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

so, who is a JEW? Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:" Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

101G.

OK. Romans 2. It's obvious that the author still seperates Jews from non Jews. That's clear from verses 14-15.

14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)​
They do not have the law. They have the requirements of the law written on their hearts. Great! Also,

23You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”​
There you go, the Jews have an added responsibility. And then...

25Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised.​
So, the author is speaking to natural ethnic Jews, telling them to honor God and keep the law or else it's blaspheming God. And the author is telling us that there is value to circumcision. But!

28A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.​
Circumcision isn't everything.

We can see this in Acts. If there was no more natural ethnic Jews then Acts 15 and 16 don't make sense. Acts 15 says the non-Jews have a simple law, then in Acts 16 they circumcise a Jewish boy. Notice who does the circumcision.

1Paul came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where he found a disciple named Timothy, the son of a believing Jewish woman and a Greek father. 2The brothers in Lystra and Iconium spoke well of him. 3Paul wanted Timothy to accompany him, so he took him and circumcised him on account of the Jews in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.​
Obviously Paul acknowledges a difference between Jew and non-Jew. Cherry picking Romans 2:28 doesn't work. Now I'l go look at Romans 9.

The first paragraph confirms that the covenant is intact, is not old and waxing and vanishing. So, Romans clearly contradicts Hebrews.

4the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory and the covenants; theirs the giving of the law, the temple worship, and the promises. 5Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all, forever worthy of praise!a Amen.​

Notice covenants is plural.

6It is not as though God’s word has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7Nor because they are Abraham’s descendants are they all his children. On the contrary, “Through Isaac your offspring will be reckoned.” 8So it is not the children of the flesh who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as offspring. 9For this is what the promise stated: “At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son.”​
Again, the author here is taking the scripture and rewritting it out of order. Of course not all of Abraham's offspring is Israel. The verse mentioned distinguishes between Ishmael and Isaac. That's a completely irrelevant statement. The Jewish people are from the tribes from Jacob who is named Israel. Yes, all who are descended from Israel ARE Israel. Yes, it is the children of the flesh of Jacob/Israel. And the promise given to Sarah was fulfilled with Isaac's birth. None of this makes any sense at all.

The author says "all who are descended from Israel are Israel". That's a lie. There is no scriptural justification for it. The author can talk about Sarah and Ishmael all they want.

There is nothing else in the chapter that addresses this failed loophole. But, it does say:

24including us, whom He has called not only from the Jews, but also from the Gentiles?​
Which is pretty close to what I said:

You can have your covenant, I can have my covenant. Peace on earth is acheived. The bickering ends. We all move on.

So, there isn't anything in Romans which justifies this idea of a "spiritual Israel". In fact, it's clear that the author makes a distinction between the two group both in Romans 2 and 9. This is consistent with Acts 15 and 16.

101G

OK. Romans 2. It's obvious that the author still seperates Jews from non Jews. That's clear from verses 14-15.
ERROR, carnal from spiritual
The author says "all who are descended from Israel are Israel". That's a lie. There is no scriptural justification for it. The author can talk about Sarah and Ishmael all they want.
are you "BORN AGAIN?" ...... (smile)

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
LOL, LOL, LOL, I'm rolling now, ..... YOU NEVER KEPT THE LAW. hence the reason for the CHANGE.... do you know hat a "BINDING" Covenant is?
Oh dear... lol oh ny, my, my. I just cannot believe this.

101G.

You're welcome to laugh. I am not effected by it. You asked the question, and I answered it. Scripture is on my side.

101G

Obviously it's God, And it happened before Jesus, therefore Jesus is not needed.
ERROR, Jesus is God who is "LORD", the Ordinal First........ Oh my. see, you don't know who your God is. "JESUS" without flesh and without bone, and without BLOOD...... (smile).....

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
don't be sorry, see your OT is nothing, obsolete, nothing but to be......

You can say that, but it doesn't make it true.

Romans 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."
LOL, LOL, LOL, that's all what it is GOOD FOR. not to abide by... lo;l, lol;, lo;l. :cool: YIKES!

NEXT.

now, who raise the woman son from the dead.

101G.

Ignored. Romans is not word of God, it is a person's opinion.

101G

You're welcome to laugh. I am not effected by it. You asked the question, and I answered it. Scripture is on my side.
LOL, LOL, LOL, nope you .... ARE ON your OWN.... (smile)... I just Love this.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
ERROR, Jesus is God who is "LORD", the Ordinal First........ Oh my. see, you don't know who your God is. "JESUS" without flesh and without bone, and without BLOOD...... (smile).....

101G.

Beautiful! However you define, his sacrifice is not needed. His blood is irrelevent.

101G

Again, without scripture these are words spoken into the wind.
lets see, Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit." Romans 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be." (READ THAT AGAIN). Romans 8:8 "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

101G.

101G

Ignored. Romans is not word of God, it is a person's opinion.
Oh how right you are, it's God opinion. because an apostle is an ambassador. for an ambassador do not speak their, mind, (personal Opinion) but the one who sent him. in this case it is God almighty, JESUS, the Holy Spirit.

this is just 2 easy.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
LOL, LOL, LOL, nope you .... ARE ON your OWN.... (smile)... I just Love this.

101G.

You have been unable to refute a single thing I've said. I've answered honestly and correctly. I've read your so-called scripture. And I am never on my own.