• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is this even possible???

waitasec

Veteran Member
hebrews 10:26 "If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,"

so christians, does this mean you deliberately choose to keep from sinning?
how does that work exactly and what sort of edge do you have now that you believe and received the knowledge of the truth in comparison to someone who can recognize when something is right or wrong who hasn't received the knowledge of your truth?

:shrug:

idav

Being
Premium Member
I don't ever deliberately sin, women usually tempt me into it just like the original garden incident. I think perhaps women are deliberately being evil.

Kidding aside when is a conscious choice not deliberate? Devil made me do it?

waitasec

Veteran Member
poor guy....he's always the scapegoat

who wants to admit to loosing all the chips and go in to debt instead?

Kidding aside when is a conscious choice not deliberate? Devil made me do it?

well when you're obligated to abide by a strict and complicated moral agenda which runs contrary to your instinctual and natural tendencies it's easy for things to slip through the cracks. especially when you've got jesus saying stuff like "if you lust in your heart then you've committed adultery." and the same for murder. my guess is that the rationalization for these slip ups can be and is attributed to the devil's influence, but not in every case. mostly because the present picture of satan in christian literature is pretty much just the personification of all our human desires that run afoul of the strictures of biblical law.

so i suppose what the passage might really be saying is that sinning deliberately is more akin to not deliberately suppressing the parts of your nature that dont line up with the rules. in my experience xian morality is an exercise in eliminating natural desires and tendencies rather than cultivating and guiding them - but i dont speak for xians anymore, so i'm sure everybody's different.

greentwiga

One interpretation is that people who "taste" Christianity, who have looked into it and understand what it says and then "trample" underneath the Son of God can't be saved. Let's be practical. There are people who look into Christianity and then turn away. Later, they die, having continued to reject Him. I would apply the verse to these people. If they are still alive, there is always hope. If you interpret this verse to say that Christians can lose their salvation, this conflicts with other verses.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
One interpretation is that people who "taste" Christianity, who have looked into it and understand what it says and then "trample" underneath the Son of God can't be saved. Let's be practical. There are people who look into Christianity and then turn away. Later, they die, having continued to reject Him. I would apply the verse to these people.

Darn Jews!

waitasec

Veteran Member
One interpretation is that people who "taste" Christianity, who have looked into it and understand what it says and then "trample" underneath the Son of God can't be saved. Let's be practical. There are people who look into Christianity and then turn away. Later, they die, having continued to reject Him. I would apply the verse to these people. If they are still alive, there is always hope. If you interpret this verse to say that Christians can lose their salvation, this conflicts with other verses.

not according to this passage.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
hebrews 10:26 "If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,"
What does it mean that "no sacrifice for sins is left" after having acquired and then ignoring "knowledge of the truth"?

Muffled

Jesus in me

so christians, does this mean you deliberately choose to keep from sinning?
how does that work exactly and what sort of edge do you have now that you believe and received the knowledge of the truth in comparison to someone who can recognize when something is right or wrong who hasn't received the knowledge of your truth?

:shrug:

When we choose Jesus as savior we are choosing to keep from sinning. So that if we know that Jesus will save us from our sin, then deliberately deciding to sin means turning away from salvation and that leaves us no excuse because we know how to be saved from sin.

It requires walking in the spirit instead of running ones own life.

It is not an edge. It is like a light switch. Jesus is turned on in me and I walk in the light. Others do not have Jesus working in them so they walk in darkness.