• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this a reasonable take on Jesus resurrection?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
It seems reasonable, that is if your grant the initial poorly supported premise that there was such a body in the first place.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
It seems reasonable, that is if your grant the initial poorly supported premise that there was such a body in the first place.

You mean that Jesus never existed? If so, I think it's more than poorly supported--mainly the non-edited Josephus reference, his brother James, and out of the mouths of babes or the Devil himself (Paul), the Truth is the Truth.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Is this a reasonable take on Jesus resurrection?

Jesus did no die on the Cross in the first place hence there is not question of resurrection of Jesus. This creed is invented by Paul, the Church and his associates.

Regards

BrightWhites

In regards to Jesus I take a lot of inspiration from a Taoist perspective on Lao Tzu. Whether Jesus was one man, a collection of men, or a story, it doesnt really matter. If you pay more attention to his race or age and not on the living conciousness of his spiritual work in the modern church, then youve already missed the point.
Also, sorry, but if this was 100% related to your point, I wouldnt be speaking from Taoism.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
How the Belief in the Resurrection of Jesus Originated and Developed: A New/Old Hypothesis | TaborBlog
I'm favorable to it, but I know some won't be. In any case, it's long, almost book length but packed with info.
The disciples were in great despair over Jesus’ death, having lost all hope that he could be the Messiah. After all, a dead Messiah is a failed Messiah. None of them was expecting Jesus to die, much less rise from the dead, so how were they suddenly transformed from disappointed hopelessness to dynamic faith.
This is speculative rubbish.