• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this a Non-Abrahamic Monotheistic Religion

seeking4truth

I think you will find that both Buddhism and Hinduism have a belief in a creative 'spirit' or 'Power' which is usually called God.
Due to the age of these religions, other interpretations of what this 'power' is have created ideas of many gods in the case of Hinduism or none in some Buddhist groups.

Cary Cook

The question that I am about to ask, I already posted on another forum, but since I didn't get much of a response, I decided to post it on this forum. I have always been interested in researching unique and obscure religions. For quite some time, there has been a particular type of religion that I have been searching for: a unique monotheistic religion that believes in a monotheitic God but has no connection to the Abrahamic religions. Unfortunately, I haven't had much success in finding a religion that fits this description. Almost all new religions that are founded are either an off-shhot of Christianity, Judaism or Islam, or are some type of Eastern or New Age religion, which, from what I gather, believe in a pantheistic intangible "force" or "energy", and therefore, do not believe in a traditional monotheistic God. However, I have recently discovered a religion that I think might come close to being the type of religion that I have been searching for. The name of the relligion is Servantism, and the organization that teaches it is called The Church of Servants. They already make it clear on their website that they have no connection to Christianity, Judaism or Islam, since they don't believe in Jesus Christ or follow the Bible, Koran or Kabbalah. The only thing left for me to be satisfied that Servantism is the type of religion that I have been searching for is to know that they also have no connection to New Age or similar religions. The ideal thing to do would be to ask The Church of Servants these questions directy, but the websites that I am about to give are from the Internet Archive, and there doesn't currently seem to be a way of contacting them. I am posting my questions here in the hopes that somebody on this forum knows more than I do about New Age religions and how their pantheistic beliefs are different from those of monotheism. With that being said, I will now give the websites for The Church of Servants, followed by my questions:http://web.archive.org/web/20071008...50309021404/www.churchofservants.org/faq.htm1) Do you agree that Servantism appears to be a unique monotheitic religion with no connection to New Age religions? If so, what beliefs or statements on their website indicate to you that they believe in a traditional monotheistic God as opposed to a New Age intangible "force" or "energy", since New Age religions also seem to use the word God?2) Are there any other aspects of the religion of Servantism that seem to indicate to you that it is not a New Age religion, since like I said earlier, almost all non-Christian new religions that are founded are some type of New Age religion?Well, those are my questions. By the way, I forget to mention that I am not searching for a religion to believe in or to join. I just have an obsession with finding out if this type of religion (a unique monotheistic religion) actually exists. Anyway, I want to thank everyone for taking the time to read my posting and I look forward to reading your responses.
Your "Church of Servants" link no longer works.

I'm a non-scriptural monotheist. i.e. a monotheist without any of the dogmas imposed by scripture. It's neither traditional nor New Age. It's a philosophical position.

This essay explains it:
Non-scriptural Monotheism Presentation

Or my website: Sanity Quest Publishing

I notice this is a 2012 post. Are you still interested?