• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There Really A God?

Atheist123

I found these questions and the OP somewhat offensive (although I wasn't offended but amused) and was just going to ignore it but I thought- What the heck, let me answer!

1. How do you know there is a god?
How do you know that there isn't a god?

2. How do you know there is a heaven?If I believe in God then I would would also believe in being in union with God. Anyone who wants it can have union with God.

3. If there is a God, why is there war and famish in the world? It is called free will and the fact that God let man rule his own world.

*note- I don't care if you think I have a lack of intelligence, since I know I am not a moron. :D

Yeh your right, you are a moron, u answered my first question with the question "how do you know there isn't a god?" well im not saying there is no god, i just want some proof or evidence which coveniently cannot be provided by any1 so far thus the question "how do you know there is a god?". the rest im not even gona bother with

Atheist123

I can try.

Various personal experiences and the personal witness of the Holy Ghost.

Because of what I've read in the scriptures as well as what modern Prophets have said about he subject.

Be cause we don't live in a perfect world. Our purpose in this life is to experience both good and evil and to choose between them. To improve ourselves with what we are given. To see if we have what it takes to return to God's presence. In order to experience good there must be bad. In order to experience happiness there must be sorrow. In order to experience pleasure there must be pain.

what does the "holy ghost" look like? are you sure it was there and not a hallucination? =\

Atheist123

You see, only statement <_< ..

Btw atheist 123, as atheist as I am, I can tell you that dispite the fact that you don't don't believe in religion, it is out there. There are milions of peoples following them :D

yeh and when i think, all those millions of people have been sucked into believing it, i guess they need some sort of connection but oh well, their choice

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Yeh your right, you are a moron
I hope for you that the mods are friendly to you, if I were one, this would be enough to take you out for a while.

With that I can tell you that she provides better answers than you..

u answered my first question with the question "how do you know there isn't a god?" well im not saying there is no god,
This would, ofcourse, be respons on your username..

i just want some proof or evidence which coveniently cannot be provided by any1
You are talking about intelligence....:D
You are asking proof and evidence while you know it's not there. :slap:

Atheist123

I don't mean this as offensive but, if you can't believe in things that don't have any evience you must have a very very narrow view of the world and the universe.

Hey Sola'lor yeh i am more than happy to be proven wrong thats why i posted those questions in the first place

uss_bigd

there is a God.

You want proof you are my proof, a complex person who can create complex machines.

If there was no God and the after life he promised, then your brain is worth more than your existence.

Imagine all your inteliigence and creativity existing without purpose? are you more comfortable with that?

Atheist123

Yeh your right, you are a moron, u answered my first question with the question "how do you know there isn't a god?" well im not saying there is no god, i just want some proof or evidence which coveniently cannot be provided by any1 so far thus the question "how do you know there is a god?". the rest im not even gona bother with

sorry didnt mean to sound that harsh, but yeh

1. people believe in god because there are still things that are to complex for humans to do, if humans could create everything and there is no resendable doubt about existance of things only then can you disprove god
2. How do you know there is a heaven?
wel you cant be sure about this one but people that have been near death say they see white lights and tunnels although this have been proven to be related to the body dieing there is still beleive in a heaven
3. If there is a God, why is there war and famish in the world?
every force has an opposing force happyness/saddness warm/cold these things help determen that there are degree's of happyness and warmth

uss_bigd

Is there really a GOD? and you required proof?

ok, get a microphone, a video camera and an audio recorder.

ask your self, did anybody create these things? then electronic brands and companies will come to mind. can you imagine these complex machines to appear at random? or was there a need for intelligence to get them conceptualized and invented?

then, look at the mirror, what do you see? apparently you have a video camera(your eyes) and a video player(coz you can create a picture in your brain). and you utter, "am i good looking or what" apparently you micorphone (your vocal chords) and you hear the phone ring ( an audio recorder).

now, what is more complex the machines i eumerated above or you? if you cannot imagine a play station or an xbox to appear at random, why will it make sense if a more complex human being to appear at random?

I hope you get the point.

eXiled

I like logic.
1. people believe in god because there are still things that are to complex for humans to do, if humans could create everything and there is no resendable doubt about existance of things only then can you disprove god
2. How do you know there is a heaven?
wel you cant be sure about this one but people that have been near death say they see white lights and tunnels although this have been proven to be related to the body dieing there is still beleive in a heaven
3. If there is a God, why is there war and famish in the world?
every force has an opposing force happyness/saddness warm/cold these things help determen that there are degree's of happyness and warmth
Okay... I had to question this one...

1. There's some sense to that. I get what you're saying and really, don't have a rebuttle. However, just because something cannot be explained, doesn't necessarily mean that God created it. That's just throwing out scientific research, not fact, but research. We cannot find what created something, so let's give up and make it one of those things God did. It can go either way on this one. Not saying I don't agree with you, but that's just a rebuttle to your statement.
2. White lights and tunnels... brain functions. Simple. I have problems with my brain and bright lights are often associated with that.
3. Every force has an opposing force, etc... that's horrible. So, God, to prove why someone is happy, will make someone sick or let someone die? To me... that's just reprehensible.
So, I'm not saying there's no revelence to your statements, it's just everything can be misconstrued.

eXiled

I like logic.
Is there really a GOD? and you required proof?

ok, get a microphone, a video camera and an audio recorder.

ask your self, did anybody create these things? then electronic brands and companies will come to mind. can you imagine these complex machines to appear at random? or was there a need for intelligence to get them conceptualized and invented?

then, look at the mirror, what do you see? apparently you have a video camera(your eyes) and a video player(coz you can create a picture in your brain). and you utter, "am i good looking or what" apparently you micorphone (your vocal chords) and you hear the phone ring ( an audio recorder).

now, what is more complex the machines i eumerated above or you? if you cannot imagine a play station or an xbox to appear at random, why will it make sense if a more complex human being to appear at random?

I hope you get the point.

No one said human beings appeared at random... at least, I don't think. I haven't read much of this thread, so forgive me, but human beings are the result, scientific result of evolution. Everything, in fact, living is the result of evolution.

camanintx

if you cannot imagine a play station or an xbox to appear at random, why will it make sense if a more complex human being to appear at random?

Next time you stop at a convenience store to pick up something, ask yourself what person decided to manufacture, package, ship and place that particular product on that particular store shelf so it would be there when you needed it. Obviously something as complex as our global economy could not have appeared at random. If you can tell me who is responsible for this then I might consider your argument that human beings were designed.

uss_bigd

Next time you stop at a convenience store to pick up something, ask yourself what person decided to manufacture, package, ship and place that particular product on that particular store shelf so it would be there when you needed it. Obviously something as complex as our global economy could not have appeared at random. If you can tell me who is responsible for this then I might consider your argument that human beings were designed.

Manufacturing, shipping, packaging are decisions made my managers they decide what to manufacture, how to ship and package the products.

a retail store will have purchasers and merchandisers making sure that inventory is sufficient to meet demand. demand is of course tracked using historical data.

meaning the product did not get to the shelf at random.

Global economy is an phenomenon created by a variety of factors, it includes but are not limited too "people intelligently saving and investing money, people in businesses intelligently deciding to borrow from banks and venture in a business, people in government intelligently collects taxes for services and infrastructures"

Global economy did not happen at random, it was created by peoples intelligent creation of systems for civilization.

why would their be an economy major if there is no intelligence behind it? if it came at random, there shouldnt be an intricate framework of how the economy is managed.

besides, why should we use overly complicated concepts?
can you actually imagine an xbox or a playstation to appear at random?