• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any proof that space exists

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
There is one way to prove it to yourself, of course. It's expensive, but you could by a ticket on Virgin Galactic, go up there and check it out for yourself.

TurkeyOnRye

I have been pursuing a secret plot to get orthodox students...

They knew I was on this mission ---yet they managed not to conceed to:
THE VOID IS ABSOLUTE ---by dint of its characteristics.

I intended to get then to conceed that:
a] "VOID IS ABSOLUTE"

so that I could state that
b] "BRAHMAN IS ABSOLUTE"

I would just as soon try using water to build a fire. You may want to consider other methods of conveying your perspective as I know that it is easy for perceived opponents to side-step a loss based only on the utterance of three words. A pretty simple dodge, if you ask me.

That said, I think that your thinking is a tiny bit flawed. One can easily see that void is not necessarily absolute, as it can be filled with absolutely anything, but who's to say that it wasn't there before? As a conceptual idea, "void" has the limitation of having distinct boundaries. I would rather make the claim that change is absolute, and the reference of all change is Brahman.

Last edited:

Diederick

Nothing weighs something, it is called dark matter. Lawrence Krauss (I believe his name is), an astronomer, gave an excellent lecture which dealt with this issue for RDF. So there is no such thing as nothing in space.

But for common physics, for engineers like myself, space and void mean exactly what the dictionary says they mean. Space is a question of dimension (unless we're talking about outer space) and void means that there are no molecules or a 'lack' of molecules in a space. Usually void is more a matter of pressure than it is of actual particle content, close to vacuum.