• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there an easier way to put tunes on iPod?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
What are you finding difficult about iTunes? I have found it a highly efficient way of managing things on mine. The only reason I've had some trouble with it lately is because I got a new computer and was too lazy to just erase everything on the iPod so it would synch up correctly. I'll probably need to do that eventually.

But no, I don't know of an alternative. I've felt no need to look.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
What are you finding difficult about iTunes? I have found it a highly efficient way of managing things on mine. The only reason I've had some trouble with it lately is because I got a new computer and was too lazy to just erase everything on the iPod so it would synch up correctly. I'll probably need to do that eventually.

But no, I don't know of an alternative. I've felt no need to look.
Apart from everything? I plugged in my iPod and it wiped my tunes entirely.

I don't have the patience to relearn how to add them all again. Something user-friendly would be better.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Apart from everything? I plugged in my iPod and it wiped my tunes entirely.

That shouldn't have happened; iPods should never erase songs on your computer. I've never heard of that happening, and it will only erase stuff from your iPod if you explicitly tell it to (e.g., if you set up an iPod for use with a Mac and then try to switch to PC or vice versa, I think it has to erase everything to reformat, but I have never tried doing that). If it did otherwise, some sort of error happened, either on the user end or the software/hardware end.

Adding things back isn't that hard. When I add stuff I just do it by playlists. I make a playlist in iTunes, plug in the iPod, select the playlist I want it to copy from the iPod menu tab things that come up when I plug it in, hit synch, and done. The only thing that would be easier is drag and drop, but iPod file directories don't work that way to my knowledge.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
If the songs were wiped out on my iPod, I simply just plug it into my computer and resync everything. I keep all my songs on my computer, so that makes it really easy. Otherwise, I would have to rerecord all my CDs and redownload all the songs I downloaded off of iTunes.
If you don't want to keep your music on your computer, there are programs available that will back up everything and you can put it all on a flash drive or external hard drive or CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
That shouldn't have happened; iPods should never erase songs on your computer. I've never heard of that happening, and it will only erase stuff from your iPod if you explicitly tell it to (e.g., if you set up an iPod for use with a Mac and then try to switch to PC or vice versa, I think it has to erase everything to reformat, but I have never tried doing that). If it did otherwise, some sort of error happened, either on the user end or the software/hardware end.

Adding things back isn't that hard. When I add stuff I just do it by playlists. I make a playlist in iTunes, plug in the iPod, select the playlist I want it to copy from the iPod menu tab things that come up when I plug it in, hit synch, and done. The only thing that would be easier is drag and drop, but iPod file directories don't work that way to my knowledge.
Ok thanks. I'll try it tonight.