• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a religion you dislike?

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
A weird "Christian" sect called "The Brethren" get my vote because their brain washing of children's minds and the distorted perverted worldview it produces resulted in the murder of my Aunt. In general terms any fundamentalist religion of any ilk goes in my bad book. These are generally Abrahamic ie Judiasm, Christianity and Islam. Any one who uses the excuse "Because it is written" to me means they aint got the balls to think for themselves.

Cheers

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I strongly dislike any religion that seeks to limit freedom, rights, and equality and discourages thinking and questioning things, which mostly seems to be abrahamic fundamentalist faiths.

Erebus

I'm fairly tolerant of other people's beliefs, but I am honestly not a fan of the Abrahamic faiths. I have no problem with people who don't attempt to criticise or convert others (I am actually going out with a Muslim girl) but I still dislike the religions in question.
I think that the main reason for my dislike is because I feel that the teachings of these faiths have stunted the growth of the societies in which they are the predominant faith and have led to social, sexual and spiritual immaturity on a near enough global scale.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Any religion that actively objectifies and oppresses women, thereby making them the scapegoat time and time again.

Just_me_Mike

Religions are like guns. I don't hate something that isn't alive, and I try not to hate those living. However, it is the people in religions, and not the religion that I disapprove of.

People make the difference.

EDIT: To add one thing, there are freaks, sociopaths, and idiots in ALL religions, so again it is the people, not the imaginary thing called religion.

EverChanging

The point is that each and every school class is designed for the appropriate incremental and progressive development of the inherent potential of unfolding the higher and deeper understanding of each student, not about the students opinion of whether they like it or not.

It's a big stretch to relate all religions to this analogy. Some religious groups actually narrow a person's mind and stunt the unfolding of deeper understanding.

Mr Cheese

Religions are like guns. I don't hate something that isn't alive, and I try not to hate those living. However, it is the people in religions, and not the religion that I disapprove of.

People make the difference.

EDIT: To add one thing, there are freaks, sociopaths, and idiots in ALL religions, so again it is the people, not the imaginary thing called religion.

most religions are alive though...

in the sense that they grow...and change
however slowly this may be,...