• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is the qu'ran the infallable word of god

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Djamila - I thank you for your sincere and straighforward answers. Thank you for coming into this thread with your viewpoint :)

TT - looks to me like Djamila answered your questions about how and why she prays. The verses from the Quran that she posted seem to spell out when, what and how to pray (looks like 3 times a day?) and how to prepare to pray. I don't see where the Quran dictates or limits how many MORE times one may pray than the dawn, mid day and sunset prayers.

Do the hadiths limit prayer to 5 times a day? If someone wants to pray each hour, is that forbidden (in the Quran or the hadiths?) Is it forbidden to 'pray without ceasing?'

kai said:
post 301 and no one has lost it yet and they had to shut it down this must be a record
I think someone who started this thread (post #1) highlighted a good point:-
kai said:
I have a question that sprang from another thread which has been closed down as is the way with threads like this , so can we keep on topic ,with no personal attacks or prejudices please
I agree....:clap

Thank the participants who have taken part in this thread, I think everyone has been very positive & productive in both Questions & Answers.

This thread might need a contents page!!:faint:

Ezzedean

haha I'm not surprised that no one has offically lost it yet... I was not posting to jamila out of anger in any way... I too am confused with hadith and have only recently begun learning it. Like jamila, I stay away from it also, but not all of it.... and many of it I can't help but appreciate and agree with. It's not everyday you will see muslims on this thread bump heads, so I'm not surprised that it's gone to such lengths. I think what you will see is that every muslim agrees that the Quran IS the infallable word of God, and complete... but as soon as hadith was brought into the mix... that's when things seemed to get interesting.

I will never add or take away from the Quran, and neither will any muslim on this thread. We muslims ARE brothers and sisters... and it's not something that's just said and not meant. I will never speak to jamila with disrespect, or hurtful words... because she IS my sister. I will also not speak in such a way with any other muslim on this thread... now before all you christians, jews, bahais, buddhists, hindus, atheists, UUs, agnostics ask.. I will also not disrespect or hurt you purposely... but at times our difference in views can be hurtful and times seem disrespectful... but it is not the intention.

Peace and Blessings to all...

Thanks to everyone who read.

Ezzu

kai

ragamuffin
Ezzedean said:
haha I'm not surprised that no one has offically lost it yet... I was not posting to jamila out of anger in any way... I too am confused with hadith and have only recently begun learning it. Like jamila, I stay away from it also, but not all of it.... and many of it I can't help but appreciate and agree with. It's not everyday you will see muslims on this thread bump heads, so I'm not surprised that it's gone to such lengths. I think what you will see is that every muslim agrees that the Quran IS the infallable word of God, and complete... but as soon as hadith was brought into the mix... that's when things seemed to get interesting.

I will never add or take away from the Quran, and neither will any muslim on this thread. We muslims ARE brothers and sisters... and it's not something that's just said and not meant. I will never speak to jamila with disrespect, or hurtful words... because she IS my sister. I will also not speak in such a way with any other muslim on this thread... now before all you christians, jews, bahais, buddhists, hindus, atheists, UUs, agnostics ask.. I will also not disrespect or hurt you purposely... but at times our difference in views can be hurtful and times seem disrespectful... but it is not the intention.

Peace and Blessings to all...

Thanks to everyone who read.

Ezzu
Thank you ezzadean the conversation between you all has been educational perhaps you would care to explain these things to us who are not sure,

Qu'ran
Surah
Hadith

Genna

Hi The truth! I truncated your message because it was quite long, but you claimed that Muhammad was sinless.

The Truth said:
OK hehehehe.

Peace and blessing,

The Truth :)

Wasn't Muhammad an idol worshipper before he became a prophet? If so, then how is muhammad sinless if in essence he committed sin before his prophethood? In order for him to be sinless, he would not have to have committed during his lifetime, no?

kai

ragamuffin
Genna said:
Hi The truth! I truncated your message because it was quite long, but you claimed that Muhammad was sinless.

Wasn't Muhammad an idol worshipper before he became a prophet? If so, then how is muhammad sinless if in essence he committed sin before his prophethood? In order for him to be sinless, he would not have to have committed during his lifetime, no?
I have asked this question and it seems he was a monotheist i think the truth answered that in this thread

Ezzedean

kai said:
Thank you ezzadean the conversation between you all has been educational perhaps you would care to explain these things to us who are not sure,

Qu'ran
Surah
Hadith

Ahh sure... I'm gonna get pretty basic here.

Quran

The Quran is a record of the exact words revealed by God through the Angel Gabriel to Prophet Muhammed. It was memorized by Muhammed and recited to his companions, and written down by scribes, who cross-checked it during his lifetime. Not one word of it's 114 chapters have been changed over the centuries, so that the Quran is in every detail the unique and miraculous text which was revealed to Muhammed 14 centures ago. The Quran is the prime source of muslim belief. It deals with all the subjects which concern us human beings: wisdom, doctrine, worship, and law, but its basic theme is the relationship between God and His creatures. At the same time it provides guidelines for a just society, proper human conduct and an equitable economic system.

Surah

Surah is just the arabic word for chapter. So the Quran has 114 surahs. The word for verse is Ayat. So you will sometimes see someone say Sura 2 Ayat 5-15.

Hadith

A hadith is a transmitted report of what the Prophet said, did, or approved.

Hope these helped those who were unaware.

Peace and Blessings

Hacker

Ezzedean said:
We muslims ARE brothers and sisters... and it's not something that's just said and not meant.
I don't understand this, about "Muslims ARE brothers and sisters." Aren't we all brothers and sisters?:D

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Genna said:

Mohammed never was an idol worshipper and it was the same with some people at that time because they felt it wasn't right for them to do so.

You can also read post 212 & 213.

Hacker

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but, what's your view on the Bible versus the Quaran, what makes you think that the Quran is infalliable and the Bible isn't(I'm not for neither by the way, well some of the teachings of both books holds some validity in MY opinion).

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
tlcmel said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but, what's your view on the Bible versus the Quaran, what makes you think that the Quran is infalliable and the Bible isn't(I'm not for neither by the way, well some of the teachings of both books holds some validity in MY opinion).

[82] Do they not consider the Qur-an (with care)? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy. (Quran 4:82)

We believe in all the ORIGINAL scriptures before Quran and we are not Muslims if we didn't believe in it.

Nevertheless, to claim that the several versions and translations of the bible, all of it is the word of God i believe, is not accurate.

This will drag the thread to another huge issue. Is it off-topic, kai :D

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
tlcmel said:
What original scriptures, the OT?

The Torah and Injil which was revealed originally to Moses and Jesus for instance. Of course, there are other scriptures which we may know and others which we may not but anyway, once God sent the last Messenger and prophet of Allah, Mohammed "peace be upon him", so all must follow him according to islam and no religion will be accepted except Islam.

Hacker

The Truth said:
The Torah and Injil which was revealed originally to Moses and Jesus for instance. Of course, there are other scriptures which we may know and others which we may not but anyway, once God sent the last Messenger and prophet of Allah, Mohammed "peace be upon him", so all must follow him according to islam and no religion will be accepted except Islam.
Well, since I know what the bible's message donotes and also the basics of the Koran...having said that, say like I live a good moral life and do the right things, like following the ten commandments and repenting, wouldn't I still be "accepted" by God(Allah) even if I don't claim to be Muslim considering the fact that it was never even HEARD of during my childhood?

Ezzedean

tlcmel said:
Well, since I know what the bible's message donotes and also the basics of the Koran...having said that, say like I live a good moral life and do the right things, like following the ten commandments and repenting, wouldn't I still be "accepted" by God(Allah) even if I don't claim to be Muslim considering the fact that it was never even HEARD of during my childhood?

You're hearing about it now.

Regardless... although I obviously believe that the true path is the path set out by the religion of Islam... Gods mercy does not only limit itself to muslims, Gods mercy will be for all people, of all faiths.... including you tlc.

Peace and Blessings

Hacker

Ezzedean said:
You're hearing about it now.

Regardless... although I obviously believe that the true path is the path set out by the religion of Islam... Gods mercy does not only limit itself to muslims, Gods mercy will be for all people, of all faiths.... including you tlc.

Peace and Blessings
Thank you that ends our conversation...I also believe God's mercy is for all people, great answer!:clap