• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the deist God most logical?

Muffled

Jesus in me
It may be seen as more logical than most ontological model because the deist God is more untouchable.

I believe I do not see the logic in that. Why would it be more logical to be untouchable than touchable? I think there must be an a priori bias that is in play here.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I believe I do not see the logic in that. Why would it be more logical to be untouchable than touchable? I think there must be an a priori bias that is in play here.
I was speaking more in an objective sense. A priori is more of an objective logic, isn't it?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I believe I enjoy logic so show me what that is so I can learn from it. So far I have seen nothing.
An omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent being wouldn't behave like an arbitrary, irrational, sociopathic caricature of some random species of primate on some random planet in some random corner of some random galaxy.

Heyo

Veteran Member
What you call bias here is a principle of logic known as Occam's Razor. To believe in a deistic god, one has to make very few assumptions. A theist not only has to defend the same positions a deist has but a host of other, independent assumptions also, thus making the theist god less logical.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I believe it is illogical to think a God who invested in creation would abandon that investment.
Weird statement from a Christian, since it both supports universalism and condemns God's actions in the Flood Myth and the Revelation account.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Is the deist God most logical?
I just read a thread about Tao
Starting with: “The Tao” is indefinable

Many Religious people love putting in "boxes"
Even God must go into their "box"

They better study about Tao
Before defining God

Muffled

Jesus in me
I was speaking more in an objective sense. A priori is more of an objective logic, isn't it?
No. A priori means that you have reached a conclusion without any premises which is illogical. In scientific terms one does not say something is so without evidence.

Muffled

Jesus in me
An omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent being wouldn't behave like an arbitrary, irrational, sociopathic caricature of some random species of primate on some random planet in some random corner of some random galaxy.
I agree and there is no evidence that God behaves that way.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Weird statement from a Christian, since it both supports universalism and condemns God's actions in the Flood Myth and the Revelation account.
I believe I do not see the logical tie in to universalism.

I believe God's interest in people is very much on display with the flood.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

You said "I believe it is illogical to think a God who invested in creation would abandon that investment."

What is damning someone to Hell but God "abandoning his investment"?

What is the genocide of the Flood but God "abandoning his investment"?

Audie

Veteran Member

Not much of a go- display as there was
no flood.
Other things tho that are on display-

Conclusion without evidence as in
A priori. And conclusion despite
disproof of conclusion.