• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Set Finite?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
It has recently been suggested that Set being a finite entity that this somehow suggests that he is not eternal. One could argue either way. As I see it, there was a time in the history of the Universe when Set did not exist, but through some unknown celestial fusion he obtained Intelligent sentient existence. What was this "unknown celestial fusion" I have my own ideas on this subject but that can be reserved for another thread. The Leviathanite Entity can give us some clues though.;)

To me Set is an Eternal Being so long as he continues to create and perpetually Remanifest in Being. In the BoCFbN it states that Set will exist so long as HarWer exists. If humanities collective subconcious mind is the personality of HarWer and the goal of Xeper is to strive towards Set over HarWer, then hypothically if humanity were to surpass HarWer by Becoming a race of purely metaphysical entities (that is if we don't end up destroying ourselves first) the Majesty of Set would, in theory, be eclipsed and be ended. However, with so many different Minds causing creations in so many different and unique ways; hence the reason why Set created HarWer in the first place -- so he wouldn't have to take full responsibility for the Comsic Order every time he created as his creations automaticaly would became part of the fabric of the Cosmic Stasis. Wouldn't it be logical to assume that Set would no longer have any need for HarWer in order to Exist? I would tend to think so. Just a thought.:)

You see whenever Set creates he becomes responsible for that creation as he is the one who caused it to come into being, thus by doing so he loses that much of his independence from the Order of the Cosmos, it is this Independence which defines Set given an indepth study of the BoCFbN. So in order to cancel this embalance Set created HarWer so there would be another Being to bring forth new and unique forms of creation so Set wouldn't have to take full responsibility for the new Cosmic Order. By HarWer Set canceled this embalance so he could remain as One, Independent and dinstinct instead of becoming All i.e. God.:cool:

Furthermore, Perpetual Remanifestation of Being is the Key to Immortality. And BTW one of the ancient names for Set is the Egyptian Set-Heh= "the Eternal Set".

Xeper and Remanifest!
:bat:
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

aa_nerut

I will say It is finite as It has given a few ways in which It can no longer exist, 1) being the measure of consistence which would become the all, not the one 2) if HarWer no longer existed,3) you might be able to argue the failing of the Elect of Set against the survival of the annihilation which mankind hastens towards. All these assuming you can take the BoCFbN as an authoritative statement.

It didn’t seem to give It’s Self too many contingency plans according to that text.

Valor

Greetings,

I believe Set is absolute subjectively and objectively. This inturn will make him finate in my opinion.

However, perhaps only by those who can percieve his majesty on a heightened level via GBM Workings, summoning Ritual..ect...

If we are not familarized with the ultimate Work of Set, then it would be difficult to say. Those who are well attuned are just that...attuned.

aa_nerut

I also don’t know if I can agree with you that Set is absolute objectively. For all we know Earth is the only planet that has the “Black Flame” or “Gift of Set” on it, residing in the structure of the animal mainframes throughout the planet and at different levels of quality and quantity of said “Gift”. If this is true then this Form or Principle is completely reliant on the various forms of Life on Earth to serve a purpose.

Having not ever encountered any form of Life not native to this planet, I am left with the assumption that this planet was the only one that developed in a way to facilitate the need for a Form of Isolate Intelligence, granted this doesn’t prove anything except that as of right now, to me, Set is only possibly an absolute subjectively.

Valor

Valor,
Would you mind describing the ultimate Work of Set?

Yes i will, but i'm on my way out the door. I'll start by stating that the "ultimate Work" is in our hands alone. I''l elaborate tonight.

Great is the might of Set, greater still he is through us;)

Daelach

Setian
It has recently been suggested that Set being a finite entity that this somehow suggests that he is not eternal.

I'd like to take another take on the question - it seems to imply to Set's existence within the space-time. On the other hand, there is no evidence that he did walk the earth like we do, within space-time. Maybe he did at some time, but even if so, he obviously stopped doing so later on. That suggests to me that Set's kind of existence isn't bound to space and time. Now, if he has a kind of existence outside space-time, then thinking about that existence in terms of time is pointless.

In the BoCFbN it states that Set will exist so long as HarWer exists.

I don't put much store in the BoCFbN, and consequently, neither in that HarWer plot.

You see whenever Set creates he becomes responsible for that creation as he is the one who caused it to come into being, thus by doing so he loses that much of his independence from the Order of the Cosmos

Actually not, because he can as well just create and then let it go on its own terms. For my taste, that whole line of thought seems to be inherited from the only religion most Westeners actually have experienced, namely Xtianity, where it is quite an important problem because Xtians keep running into their theodicy problem here. Which of course is just caused by lumping together attributes that simply don't fit together.

Since I don't regard Set as omniscient (otherwise, he wouldn't have done the stupid hippo move at Edfu) and neither as omnipotent (he would just have smashed Horus), I don't run into a Setian theodicy and thus don't need to come up with more or less strange workarounds. ;)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Well Daelach over the past 5 years, since my OP my thoughts and understandings have changed. :smileycat: I will soon get back to you.

Last edited:

Akingu

Since I don't regard Set as omniscient (otherwise, he wouldn't have done the stupid hippo move at Edfu) and neither as omnipotent (he would just have smashed Horus), I don't run into a Setian theodicy and thus don't need to come up with more or less strange workarounds. ;)

Perhaps Set needed those experiences to Become? There are Trials and challenges that one must overcome to Be the one they are today.