• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Satanism the opposite of my faith?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Hey guys, since you guys are theistic Satanists I was wondering if your religion was pretty much what we do only in reverse? For you guys is Satan the proponent of freedom and God the one who wants to make slaves? Is there a clearly defined "mortal enemy" of Satan or are powers other than Satan less defined/more ambiguous?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Hey guys, since you guys are theistic Satanists I was wondering if your religion was pretty much what we do only in reverse? For you guys is Satan the proponent of freedom and God the one who wants to make slaves? Is there a clearly defined "mortal enemy" of Satan or are powers other than Satan less defined/more ambiguous?

I don't think many theistic Satanists worship the Biblical Satan.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Hey guys, since you guys are theistic Satanists

IMO, not all Satanists are theistic. I will speak as a Satanist, and not for Satanism.

I was wondering if your religion was pretty much what we do only in reverse?

No we all Live.

For you guys is Satan the proponent of freedom and God the one who wants to make slaves?

Not "God" but certain religions.

Is there a clearly defined "mortal enemy" of Satan or are powers other than Satan less defined/more ambiguous?

Depends on the Satanist.

Some are both.

Erebus

The first thing to remember about Theistic Satanism is that it isn't an organised religion, so you will get a huge variety of different viewpoints within it. The part I highlighted in bold is common to many, but not all theistic Satanists. The Abrahamic God isn't always present in a Satanic pantheon even as a "bad guy", a lot of the time even the Biblical Satan isn't present. Instead many (but again, not all) Theistic Satanists follow the archetypal devil/s figure/s rather than a single clearly defined deity.

Theistic Satanism: Diane Vera on today's new kinds of Satanists

DEVIL WORSHIP

These two links are some of my favourite resources on Theistic Satanism, I'd definitely recommend reading through them to decide for yourself whether they are the opposite of your beliefs or not. Hope you find them helpful :)

Drax

Independent

In my view, Satan is not the intentional liberator of humanity. He is a curious deity with numerous qualities which may or may not be desirable to those who follow Him or his identity. Mind you, the majority of Satanists do tend to toss Satan into a box and limit WHO He is and WHAT He is or is not capable of based on their personal preferences and moral limitations.

To me this wreaks of hypocrisy on the part of Satanists, showing that they seek some type of liberation from perceived tyranny by following/worshiping a deity which supposedly will liberate them from it. Perhaps some of these Satanists should stop following The Adversary as their personal Lord and Savior? It seems ignorant really. If Satanists want freedom, they should go out and attain it; not idly sit by hoping Satan will free them.

Furthermore, I do not believe that God desires to enslave mankind nor take away any freedom he may or may not have.