• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Rape Natural?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
PREACH THE NETT said:
Something can be natural(exist in nature) and still be inherently evil(negative).

Whoes interpertaton of evil though? Yours? The person who rapes does not see it as evil. Some rapist rape and continue to for years until they are caught. When asked why some say they don't know why...they just have to. Some peqdophiles give the same answer.

For example, if an animal kills another for food to survive or as protection of oneself, these are not negative acts. On the other hand if an animal kills for pleasure or sport, it is a negative act.

Again, that I know of MAN is the only animal that seems to hunt for sport. Animals in the wild seem to have a purpose wheter it be for food or defense.

Since humans are animals also, we follow the same universal rules as all living things. Rape is natural. It has always existed in the primal part of our brain. The decision to conceive of such ideas is the choice of the individual. I do agree with Godlike when I say that there is very few acts more vile and cause for severe negative recourse(I don’t believe in sin, but what I have said has a very similar meaning).

If it is natural then what makes it vile? Again, it appears your are expressing your moral values on some one who does not share your beliefs

I am only expressing thoughts. Not say you are wrong. You are entitled to your values. i'm not trying to raise the battle of whos' opinion is more valid.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Sunstone said:
Are you suggesting that people who oppose rape do so only because they wish to impose their moral values upon others?

hmmmm...Ahhh .....yea....

There are some that believe that paligamy is wrong because their way of life does not support or condone it.

But the paligamist believes that there is nothing wrong with it.

Again, one mans' morality can be different than anothers.

Muslims, jews, christians fighting.... why...? Different morals and all of them believe their way is the one true way.

Muslims fighting other muslims, christians fighting other christians. Well, it's because they have different moral values within their religion.

Some christians are for abortion and some are against it no matter what the circumstances.

So to answer your question...Yes.... It does appear that people wish to impose their moral values on others.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
cardero said:
Why or why not?

yes, unfortunately. However -

Mosiah 3:19 (book of Mormon)
19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
DreGod07 said:
hmmmm...Ahhh .....yea....

There are some that believe that paligamy is wrong because their way of life does not support or condone it.

But the paligamist believes that there is nothing wrong with it.

Again, one mans' morality can be different than anothers.

Muslims, jews, christians fighting.... why...? Different morals and all of them believe their way is the one true way.

Muslims fighting other muslims, christians fighting other christians. Well, it's because they have different moral values within their religion.

Some christians are for abortion and some are against it no matter what the circumstances.

So to answer your question...Yes.... It does appear that people wish to impose their moral values on others.

You seem to be ignoring the possibility that some people might have better reasons for asserting a particular moral claim than others. For instance: I happen to think the various moral arguments against rape outweigh any moral arguments for rape that I've heard. The mere fact that someone might disagree with me has nothing to do with whether I am right or wrong about that. I could be right and still find someone who disagreed with me.

XAAX

DreGod07 said:
I am only expressing thoughts. Not say you are wrong. You are entitled to your values. i'm not trying to raise the battle of whos' opinion is more valid.
There is no gray area to rape. If you hurt someone by your actions intentionally you are wrong..Period..That is universal, not a perspective..Someone can claim a diffent point of view, but it really doesn't matter, it is still wrong. For someone to rape another person to me is as bad as murdering them. Because in someways you have already. I have know some women close to me that were victims of rape. I dont mean rape like I said yes then changed my mind. I mean draged from her car at a light, beat over the head with a tire iron, then viciously rapped. Now if you can possible tell me that any point of view that person took could be explained as moral in his point of view, I would love to know. This is why I don't think i could ever have been a cop. Police come accross stuff like this all the time. I honestly believe had I caught that guy in the act, I can honestly say I would have wasted him on the spot. With my stance on the respect for all life and the fact that no one has the right to take it, that says a lot. Under that situation I would feel karmically justified. Call it preventive maintenance.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

cardero said:
Why or why not?

I almost feel that I do not have the right to answer this question. Frankly, it is only because of my male privilege that I can view rape as just another topic for debate, and not an issue of people sitting around and deciding whether arguably the most traumatic thing on the universe that can possibly happen to me is a natural function of biology.

Even so, I will give it a shot: Based on some of the horridly antisocial behavior that has evolved in humans, unfortunately I can see rape as being one of them. Whether as a show of power or an alternate way of spreading genes through a non-consenting female, both theories make sense to me.

Frankly, all of this is scathing evidence against the very existence of a benevolent god, that he could allow this sort of thing to happen so frequently, so widespread, and throughout so much time.

standing_on_one_foot

Is rape natural? I suppose, so, yes. Pretty much any human behavior that widespread could be defined as natural, although it does depend somewhat on your definition.

But it's not as though it's some sort of side effect of civilization. If anything, it's a side effect of people's desire for power, control, sexual gratification, revenge, etc.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
cardero said:
Why or why not?

It is natural, it exists therefore it is natural. If it did not exist in any way, shape or form, then it would be unnatural if you ask me.