• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is premarital sex a good, a bad, or a nuetral event in terms of ethics and of effect?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Well, I think we're all very relieved to have a 21-year-old Baha'i put Heather in her place and tell us all how to be proper Buddhists. There is an urgent need for this, and such enlightened teaching has been sadly lacking in the Buddhist community. While some of us have studied Buddhism longer than you've been alive, it would be folly to imagine that anybody here has studied with a depth, intelligence or perception approaching your own.

However, as eager as I am for you to narrate the Teachings of the Buddha, I must ask you to do so carefully and patiently and preferably on a third-grade reading level, in order to bring your vast wealth of understanding down to the pitiable level of Heather's intelligence, experience and understanding, so that she can benefit more fully from your correction.

LOL this sucks. I've been using my iPod, and I can't frubal you on this for some reason. But mark my words, this post is my first priority when the laptop decides not to be snarky with me.

But to be honest, I might actually benefit from a good lecturing. My husband usually responds to me when I'm tearing him a new butthole:

"Christ, I thought this meditation crap was supposed to work!"

Nothing new. I am reminded all the time how I really don't live up to expectations of the "Buddhist ideal." :p

Cosmos

Firstly, this "gment indoctrination of the youth" has been occuring for centuries, not decades. It is no different if public schools teach Sex Ed or the bible, it is still indoctrination.

Secondly, Sex Ed isn't about morality. Morality is still left up to the parents.

Recognizing a problem and then addressing that problem with targted education is in no way an endorsement of that problem.

Our differences, then, are resolved. I agree on all points, Mundi.:) Furthermore, contraceptives are an absolute necessity as a safe measure in a healthy and enlightened society.