• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is posting in opposition to homosexuality, same sex marriage, abortion allowed?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Kens I agree with your response 100%, im of the same substance, on treating all people "outside the church doors"?

Do you believe Homosexuality and Christianity are compatible?

Let's turn this around for a minute.

A drunk comes into the Church... do you receive him?
Prostitutes comes into the church... do you receive them?

Now, what happens "after" they give their lives to Jesus is a process. I'm not talking about those who "practice sin", whether it is drunkedness, adultery or murder for that matter.

Were you perfect when you gave your life to Jesus? What is the process after receiving Jesus?

"30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:"

Can you really say these are Christians? And would they even be in a Church?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Just curious if posting in opposition to the items mentioned, is allowed from a conservative historical point of view?

1. Homosexuality
2. Same Sex Marriage
3. Abortion

There are few subject that are taboo here. Among them are encouraging illegal activities. But the topics here are certainly much discussed. As others said, it’s the presentation that is important.

Since this is the Know Your Moderators section and I’m one of the mods, here’s how I relate to these topics:

I’m a gay male, legally married to another man. We’re married 4 1/2 years but together over 22 years in total.

I am Vaishnava Hindu, a follower of Vishnu primarily in his incarnation of Krishna. I was Christian, Roman Catholic specifically, being Italian-American.

I’m opposed to abortion for reasons only tangentially related to my beliefs. It goes deeper than the idea of preserving life. Like anything else within the limits of the law, anyone is free to do as they will.

If a woman decides to get an abortion it’s her choice. However, if I were asked to be in any way involved even as simple as a ride to the clinic my answer is no.

Truth7t7

Jesus Rules
Let's turn this around for a minute.

A drunk comes into the Church... do you receive him?
Prostitutes comes into the church... do you receive them?

Now, what happens "after" they give their lives to Jesus is a process. I'm not talking about those who "practice sin", whether it is drunkedness, adultery or murder for that matter.

Were you perfect when you gave your life to Jesus? What is the process after receiving Jesus?

"30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:"

Can you really say these are Christians? And would they even be in a Church?
We are 100% of the same mind and belief concerning scripture Kens thanks for the replies.

Jesus Christ Is Lord

Truth7t7

Jesus Rules
There are few subject that are taboo here. Among them are encouraging illegal activities. But the topics here are certainly much discussed. As others said, it’s the presentation that is important.

Since this is the Know Your Moderators section and I’m one of the mods, here’s how I relate to these topics:

I’m a gay male, legally married to another man. We’re married 4 1/2 years but together over 22 years in total.

I am Vaishnava Hindu, a follower of Vishnu primarily in his incarnation of Krishna. I was Christian, Roman Catholic specifically, being Italian-American.

I’m opposed to abortion for reasons only tangentially related to my beliefs. It goes deeper than the idea of preserving life. Like anything else within the limits of the law, anyone is free to do as they will.

If a woman decides to get an abortion it’s her choice. However, if I were asked to be in any way involved even as simple as a ride to the clinic my answer is no.
Thanks for the reply and your honesty, I follow the Holy Bible and it's principles, I have been married for 3+ decades, I know many involved in your beliefs, also various other beliefs.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thanks for the reply and your honesty, I follow the Holy Bible and it's principles, I have been married for 3+ decades, I know many involved in your beliefs, also various other beliefs.

Many Christians are confused about marriage in the Bible. It is not quite as clear cut as you think. Here is a short musical lesson:

Truth7t7

Jesus Rules
Many Christians are confused about marriage in the Bible. It is not quite as clear cut as you think. Here is a short musical lesson:

The Holy Bible Is Very Clear, That Marriage Is Between A Man And Woman.

Your video was a smile to the Old Testament Laws Of Moses, I Agree.

In Matthew Below, Jesus Corrected The Law Of Moses.

Matthew 19:4-6KJV
4 Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Holy Bible Is Very Clear, That Marriage Is Between A Man And Woman.

Matthew 19:4-6KJV
4 Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Nope. Watch the video, I could give you the verses that support his claims. You are ignoring vast sections of the Bible. Cheery picking only shows that a marriage may between a man and a woman. It does not show that is the only definition.

Truth7t7

Jesus Rules
Nope. Watch the video, I could give you the verses that support his claims. You are ignoring vast sections of the Bible. Cheery picking only shows that a marriage may between a man and a woman. It does not show that is the only definition.

Your video was a smile to the Old Testament "Laws Of Moses", I Agree.

In Matthew Below, Jesus Corrected The Laws Of Moses That Were Imperfect.

Matthew 19:1-8KJV
19 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
2 And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your video was a smile to the Old Testament "Laws Of Moses", I Agree.

In Matthew Below, Jesus Corrected The Laws Of Moses That Were Imperfect.

Matthew 19:1-8KJV
19 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
2 And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
Nope, he did not "correct". That is only your interpretation of the Bible. He only gave the general case. There is no statement that the old laws no longer applied and in fact Jesus said that all of the Old Testament laws still do apply. And you misunderstood the part in red because you used an outdated translation. The English language changes over the years. That was a general ban on divorce:

Matthew 19:8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

Reading the KJV and taking it literally in 21st century English will quote often end up in a mistranslation. That was not a ban on multiple wives at all.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
if @Truth7t7 wants to discuss such matters without fear of contradiction and wants the local mods to intervene on his behalf when he finds himself losing an argument, there are plenty of sites that supply that sort of environment. Would you like some suggestions?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Why would you something like this, @Rival ? It's more than a little reprehensible.
What's the problem?
@Rival didn't call anybody out or anything. The folks she referenced have been pretty clear about their opinions. She was just pointing out to @Truth7t7 that plenty of the RF regulars hold and freely express opinions similar to his.
He seems to expect biased moderation. I have been a member of several Christian forums and that's overwhelmingly the norm. They don't even pretend to be fair.
Tom
ETA~ Atheist forums aren't much different. ~

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I think maybe he didn't get either of the two reactions he was hoping for (either echochamber agreement or martyrdom at the hands of evil liberals) he didn't know how to cope and so has quit the field. I hope he comes back though.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think maybe he didn't get either of the two reactions he was hoping for (either echochamber agreement or martyrdom at the hands of evil liberals) he didn't know how to cope and so has quit the field. I hope he comes back though.
Oh come on dude.
He has been logged out for 7 hours.
Not everyone is an RF addict:rolleyes:
Tom

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Except for my being out of pocket lately what are you talking about?

We had a new member asking about whether things like homosexuality could be spoken against without getting banned.
It's possible, depending on the tact and wording, and I offered you as an example of someone who has.

How have you been?