• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Obama's first year a failure or a success?

How would you grade Obama's 1st year as president?

• A - Significant improvements, noticible succcess, upholding most campaign promises

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B - Some improvements, arguable successs, upholding some campaign promises

• F - Things are worse since he's become President, no campaign promises being upheld

• I don't know/ Neo-Logic's poll is complete B.S and biased.

• Total voters

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Has Obama's first year been a failure or a success? Or can we even gauge some level of measurement at this point? Are the economic problems now his? If not, how long is it until the problems become that of his and not of his ancestors? Why or why not?

I think Obama means well, but by all means, was and still is, a political novice. No one taught him the idea of under promise and over deliver (UPOD in sales terms). If he had hired a seasoned sales professional to be on his campaign team and he'd be much better in polls. He promised far too many concrete details and specific actions that he really shot himself in the foot. You can't run for the presidency in a messed up state of affairs promising a laundry list of things then not do them fast enough. That's just giving your opponents too much political ammunition to shoot ya down. Case in point: the supposed televised negotiations of health care bill which he promised over and over, but not is not allowed to be televised.

I'm also blanking on major accomplishments by Obama after a whole year. Keep in mind, I voted for the guy and even I have difficulties answering the question of what he has really done. Closed Guantanomo .. supposedly, eventually. Afghanistan pull out time table -- ridiculously unrealistic and something I'd bet my whole net worth that he can't keep. Health care bill is full of compromises and holes -- public option almost out at this point and full of pork. Nobel peace prize, but for what? Economy has not improved -- unemployment rate has worsened. GDP has 'improved' but economists speculate that's been as a result of government spending and cash for clunkers more than any real growth.

Has Obama prevented things from becoming worse? Arguably. Has he improved our lives? Arguably not.

Last edited: