• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is logic over-rated?

JerryG

A lot of atheists put their faith in logic, but isn't that a bit... illogical?

So, why do atheists put so much stock in logic?

Basically we are a mind with physical attributes to support that mind. God is a mind as well. We live within the mind and body of God at near infinite light speed.
Since the human mind is quite capable of understanding all things, logic and reason suffice to understand all things. Once taught, there is nothing we cannot understand. God merely has near infinite mental capacity but does not have any more mental ability than us. Thus we can understand all that God can understand.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I saw this on th TWoP Motivator thread this morning:

sixlogic.jpg

Just thought I'd share. :D

robtex

Veteran Member
A lot of atheists put their faith in logic, but isn't that a bit... illogical?

How many times have you watched CSI and, using your logic, thought, "Ah-ha! It was that Steevenson guy!" only to find out, "What? It was the victim's transexual, one-legged, homosexual bodyguard!? I didn't see that one comming!"?

And you can watch pretty much any Star Trek episode and the Vulcan's logic gets trumped by the Human concept of, "gut".

So, why do atheists put so much stock in logic?

Phasmid, you wrote this OP as a theist. Now as you re-read it as an atheist what is your thoughts on the question and has logic, reason and the value place on evidence influence your shift and if so how?